Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SW_display_name
04.09.2013 , 05:41 AM | #1
Pre-2.0:
Training dummies on your personal starship (unlocked through Legacy) were scaled to match current character level.

Post-2.0:
Training dummies on your personal starship are level 55. At every level.

This basically defeats the point of the Legacy unlock for me, since my primary interest in the game is leveling through all the different Class stories. The dummies provided a great way to experiment with different specs, rotations, etc. while figuring out a new class as I leveled up.

Now, it's just useless ornamentation... until level 55. It's even useless for all my level 50 characters.

Seeing "Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Miss Resist Dodge Miss Resist Dodge Miss Resist Dodge Miss Resist" = useless object.

Please revert Personal Starship training dummies back to scaling with character level.

SleepyJoeFriday
04.09.2013 , 05:54 AM | #2
Could this be a bug?

denisabc
04.09.2013 , 06:38 AM | #3
unfortunately its working as intended.

But they need to change this. Many ppl would say that you need this only at endgame , to check your dps. But it is an mmo and mmo's are all about fun, its not a job. If a person wants to have fun beating a training dummy at lower levels , why not ?

If the dummy is lv 55, u cant even hit him with dots, or sticky grenades, explosive probes etc, so u cant test and play with your rotation, specs etc.

The way the dummy is right now, he even evades before u complete a skill cast.

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."

AlaricSevGirl
04.09.2013 , 06:41 AM | #4
Agreed, dummies should be scalable otherwise why buy them. This was not a welcome change and they need to change it back.
GSS Legacy, StarForged
Guild Leader for Galactic Security Solutions (Pub)
Imperial Independence (Empire)

Syas
04.09.2013 , 06:46 AM | #5
I'll be that guy:

What purpose does the dummy serve pre-55? I posit that the dummies exist to maximize DPS potential for content in which DPS potential is necessary (HMs and OPs). Am I missing something?
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

Heezdedjim
04.09.2013 , 06:48 AM | #6
Does seem like the personal ship dummies should always match your level. I guess there is still the convenience appeal of having them be in your ship rather than on fleet, but that's about 1/10th of the value that people bought them at a time when they scaled to your level.

khankillyou
04.09.2013 , 06:48 AM | #7
I don't recall being in many operations at lvl 33.....

Kilora
04.09.2013 , 06:52 AM | #8
I didn't realize they were originally scalable -- I never thought to unlock it on any of my toons, but knowing it "was" scalable would've made me get it!

Have you plopped in a ticket in the game? I'm optimistic that this is a bug, as the patch notes don't say anything about removing a feature like that...

Any to anyone else -- really? Why does it matter. . . there is never a good reason to take away a feature as simple as this. Isn't it a "training dummy" and not an "operations-specific" dummy?

Syas
04.09.2013 , 07:20 AM | #9
I just think that issues should be prioritized. Since the Dummy serves no purpose sub-55, I would rate this issue low on priority is all.
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

Light-years
04.09.2013 , 07:23 AM | #10
I posted this topic last night but it got lost in maintenance qq.

I like having the dummies scale with character levels as it helps me test out new builds on my ship as a I level. Dummies aren't only useful for 55s....
Z'of Z'ipe
The Tempesta Legacy