Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Sniper Bugs in 2.0? Covered Escape and Entrench

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
New Sniper Bugs in 2.0? Covered Escape and Entrench
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Skolops
04.18.2013 , 10:34 AM | #11
The permanent root issue is of the utmost importance to fix. In fact, this is a problem that has happened in the game for a very long time and just happens with greater frequency to players using the Sniper/Operative rolls. Fixing it in general would be of enormous importance as well.
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

DarthOvertone
04.18.2013 , 11:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
Thanks for the bug reports! As for the issue I have quoted, that is actually working as designed. The term "movement-impairing effects" refers to snares or slows, and you should notice that those effects are removed when you use Covered Escape. However, if you are rooted or immobilized, you won't be able to use Covered Escape - again that is as designed.

Though I do see how the phrasing used is quite confusing, because it seems quite logical that root or immobilization effects "impair" movement. So I'll try to get that phrasing changed before people start trying to stretch "movement-impairing effects" to cover stuns, sleeps, and heck...death also keeps you from moving.

As for the other issues reported in this thread, we are looking into them and attempting to get solid reproduction cases so that we can get them fixed.
Thanks for this. I was wondering why I couldn't use Covered Escape while Rooted. Now I understand. Probably should change the "movement-impairing effects" wording though.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Moogleking
04.18.2013 , 03:18 PM | #13
Thanks for the bug reports! As for the issue I have quoted, that is actually working as designed. The term "movement-impairing effects" refers to snares or slows, and you should notice that those effects are removed when you use Covered Escape. However, if you are rooted or immobilized, you won't be able to use Covered Escape - again that is as designed.

Though I do see how the phrasing used is quite confusing, because it seems quite logical that root or immobilization effects "impair" movement. So I'll try to get that phrasing changed before people start trying to stretch "movement-impairing effects" to cover stuns, sleeps, and heck...death also keeps you from moving.

As for the other issues reported in this thread, we are looking into them and attempting to get solid reproduction cases so that we can get them fixed.
Thanks for the response David, however, I don't think your statement agrees with what "movement-impairing effects" has been used to mean on other abilities.

Take the Assassin talent Disjunction or the Sorceror talent Fadeout. These abilities make Force Speed break roots and slows. This is the EXACT same wording as Covered Escape. So it appears either these talents are broken and incorrectly breaking roots when they are supposed to only break stuns, or the Sniper ability is broken.

Covered Escape is a pretty poor escape compared to those talents or the BH Hydraulic Overrides, since you can't actually escape if you're being rooted. Whereas those abilities that say they break "movement-impairing effects" actually do break them.

DroidDreamer
04.22.2013 , 03:39 PM | #14

Bioware should fix this language everywhere it appears; I'm pretty sure it's used in Force Speed, Hydraulic Overrides, etc. A reasonable person would read "movement-impairing" to include roots. No need to get chippy and add death to the list. Just be specific about what it covers and doesn't. This one's on Bioware, not users who took the tool-tip to mean what it says. I remember being surprised that roots were not covered when BW introduced a new talent for Sorcs that allowed them to be free from "movement-impairing" abilities during Force Speed, even though roots still could impair your movement.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Moogleking
04.23.2013 , 12:29 PM | #15
The thing is, roots ARE covered by the sorcerer and assassin talents.

Covered Escape is the only ability in the game that says it breaks movement-impairing effects and does not break roots.
There is even a talent in Lethality that breaks roots on Countermeasures. Guess what it says as the text!

Nyysjan
04.24.2013 , 02:23 PM | #16

Well that does explain why i'm always the only one who gets trapped in the last boss of Cademimu hardmode.
Everyone else seems to have some way of escaping, from the shackles.
That also makes covered Escape a rather poor escape ability.

edit-
is Entrench supposed to work against the first boss of Karagga's Palace knockback? cause it isn't doing anything for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

Moogleking
04.26.2013 , 02:26 PM | #17
Still bugged in the latest patch.

Eyesmindassassin
05.09.2013 , 04:38 PM | #18
Annoying that this is the only ability in the game that says 'removes movement impairing effects' that doesn't include roots. Literally every other ability/talent present in this game does. Either change the wording or allow Covered Escape to remove movement impairing effects. Not a hard concept to understand.

Sardonyyx
05.13.2013 , 12:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Moogleking View Post
Thanks for the response David, however, I don't think your statement agrees with what "movement-impairing effects" has been used to mean on other abilities.

Take the Assassin talent Disjunction or the Sorceror talent Fadeout. These abilities make Force Speed break roots and slows. This is the EXACT same wording as Covered Escape. So it appears either these talents are broken and incorrectly breaking roots when they are supposed to only break stuns, or the Sniper ability is broken.

Covered Escape is a pretty poor escape compared to those talents or the BH Hydraulic Overrides, since you can't actually escape if you're being rooted. Whereas those abilities that say they break "movement-impairing effects" actually do break them.

THIS. I'm tired of the confusing wording. It happens all the time. And they just say "working as intended". No it's not! If movement impairing effects include roots and immobilization for Sins and BH's, then they should include Agents as well. I'm tired of this happening so often.

While you're at it give the Powertech 100% damage on CGC as well.

Moogleking
05.15.2013 , 03:41 PM | #20
Still broken in 2.1.