Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LanceGabriell's Avatar


LanceGabriell
04.14.2013 , 11:29 PM | #871
I haven't read all the post after page 60 or so, read the dev tracker...
just a quick question...

Is the bolster system supposed to work now at lvl 55? Cause I still got 26k life and 2003 EXP on my naked and 3partisan outfit vs 24k and 1913 with my WH/EWH outfit (and the 3 partisans). That was yesterday evening (14th of april around 5-9PM GMT). Was this implemented, or is in the course of beeing implemented? Reffering to the long devtracker post.
I always shoot first!

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
04.14.2013 , 11:31 PM | #872
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceGabriell View Post
I haven't read all the post after page 60 or so, read the dev tracker...
just a quick question...

Is the bolster system supposed to work now at lvl 55? Cause I still got 26k life and 2003 EXP on my naked and 3partisan outfit vs 24k and 1913 with my WH/EWH outfit (and the 3 partisans). That was yesterday evening (14th of april around 5-9PM GMT). Was this implemented, or is in the course of beeing implemented? Reffering to the long devtracker post.
its in the course of being implemented. this patch last night was just to turn on RotHC for everyone that has bought the expansion.

we are expecting to see a fix for bolster on Tuesday this week.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Jedibob's Avatar


Jedibob
04.14.2013 , 11:31 PM | #873
I have 2 +41 Expertise Stat crystals I received from the Rakghoul plague event on my Gunslinger main, and being told that their going to be made useless does not make me happy, considering Black and Green are my two favorite colors, I do not especially want to replace them unless you plan to let me exchange them for PVE stats of an identical color. I worked my butt off for those crystals, and making them useless does not make me happy in the least, especially since their not currently available except for an obscene amount of money off of the GTN...

DarthSpooky's Avatar


DarthSpooky
04.15.2013 , 12:47 AM | #874
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

TLDR: Going into a Warzone completely naked will now be worse than wearing gear. War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is viable again.


Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th. Note that these changes are NOT to address the time to kill issues. We are still actively investigating that and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

-eric

"The net result is WH/EWH will have no Expertise and increased stats"

I don't understand. Does this mean it will have no expertise in WZ's or are you literally altering the stats of the WH gear? I would have a big problem if you guys are removing expertise from gear I purchased specifically because it had expertise on it. In fact, I would want my comms refunded.
<South of Heaven>
Ebon Hawk

Boomer-'s Avatar


Boomer-
04.15.2013 , 01:02 AM | #875
Can one of the people bashing 2.0 PVP give a good reason on what is wrong with it?

I personally am glad that I don't have to do weird things like get assassin gear on my sorc and pull the mods out, or get columi gear and put the mods in pvp gear for bonuses. PVP is a lot more fast paced, and alot more balanced now. I challenge anyone to a civil discussion on why its not.

painterwhit's Avatar


painterwhit
04.15.2013 , 01:17 AM | #876
Quote: Originally Posted by Boomer- View Post
Can one of the people bashing 2.0 PVP give a good reason on what is wrong with it?

I personally am glad that I don't have to do weird things like get assassin gear on my sorc and pull the mods out, or get columi gear and put the mods in pvp gear for bonuses. PVP is a lot more fast paced, and alot more balanced now. I challenge anyone to a civil discussion on why its not.
more balanced? Really?

Apparently both sides having the exact same classes at their disposal with ALL the same mirrored abilities wasn't balanced before? You people make me laugh.

Sorry, no amount of bolster is gonna make it anymore balanced than it was before.....and this fast paced fun you are having will not have learned you anything by the time you hit the 55 bracket.
Sarcastiball - America's new favorite pasttime

LanceGabriell's Avatar


LanceGabriell
04.15.2013 , 01:30 AM | #877
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
its in the course of being implemented. this patch last night was just to turn on RotHC for everyone that has bought the expansion.

we are expecting to see a fix for bolster on Tuesday this week.
Thanks for your time answering Cashogy. So I will still play naked 3 hours from now
May the force be with you in your endeavours. I wanted to say good luck but we all know there is no such thing :P
I always shoot first!

Boomer-'s Avatar


Boomer-
04.15.2013 , 02:46 AM | #878
Quote: Originally Posted by painterwhit View Post
more balanced? Really?

Apparently both sides having the exact same classes at their disposal with ALL the same mirrored abilities wasn't balanced before? You people make me laugh.

Sorry, no amount of bolster is gonna make it anymore balanced than it was before.....and this fast paced fun you are having will not have learned you anything by the time you hit the 55 bracket.
There we go folks. A half *** response from someone who probably lives to grind gear. You offered no constructive points and made some assumptions about me not having level 55 characters. Face it, pvp has never been more balanced, but I'm sorry you can't wtfpwn casuals in recruit with your 1337 gear.

i find it hilarious that people are complaining about others doing too much damage. Guess what? You can do it too.

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
04.15.2013 , 03:33 AM | #879
Quote: Originally Posted by Boomer- View Post
Can one of the people bashing 2.0 PVP give a good reason on what is wrong with it?

I personally am glad that I don't have to do weird things like get assassin gear on my sorc and pull the mods out, or get columi gear and put the mods in pvp gear for bonuses. PVP is a lot more fast paced, and alot more balanced now. I challenge anyone to a civil discussion on why its not.
Maybe if you bothered to read the OP, you will find your answer.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
04.15.2013 , 05:37 AM | #880
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpooky View Post
"The net result is WH/EWH will have no Expertise and increased stats"

I don't understand. Does this mean it will have no expertise in WZ's or are you literally altering the stats of the WH gear? I would have a big problem if you guys are removing expertise from gear I purchased specifically because it had expertise on it. In fact, I would want my comms refunded.
I'm reasonably sure that they are going to bolster the effective stats of the old pvp gear so that it is like it is pve gear instead which will make it better pvp gear.