Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yelloweyedemon
04.12.2013 , 03:17 PM | #791
Quote: Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
Yes you've said that in a previous post in this thread. You still havn't answered to the question if the amount of stats and expertise people are getting from bolster is intender to work that way. (I'm always talking about lvl 55 warzones.) I see every day people in green gear or simply empty gear, having Partisan and above level stats, with ~1980-2k expertise. Is this working as intended?
You said you wanted to close the gear gap, but not elliminate it.

At the moment there is no difference between PvP and PvE gear. Heck, there's no difference even between PvP and 'empty gear" ...
Forgot to mention that i can also provide pics if needed, with people in PvE gear having the same stats/expertise with people in Partisan.

Purple-Punch
04.12.2013 , 03:19 PM | #792
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

TLDR: Going into a Warzone completely naked will now be worse than wearing gear. War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is viable again.

Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th. Note that these changes are NOT to address the time to kill issues. We are still actively investigating that and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

-eric

I think this sounds fair .. but you could have avoided all of this as you knew you were pushing buggy code or code that would make the majority of your pvp player base upset .. it just doesnt make sense that you would want to alienate paying customers ..

Kovaos
04.12.2013 , 03:20 PM | #793
Good yellow read! I really like where this is going.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

L-RANDLE
04.12.2013 , 03:23 PM | #794
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
So if we put it into customized gear we dont get the change? That is great that is.
"Still waiting on that heifer Julio!" comes to mind when I think about this issue (if they handle it the same way they did in the past)....

Just wondering if I should still hold out hope that they will do the right thing this time...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

stephenalandavie
04.12.2013 , 03:23 PM | #795
And Pve gear is better then Pvp? or am i missing something.
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

L-RANDLE
04.12.2013 , 03:25 PM | #796
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
These changes SHOULD be with 2.0 live launch on sunday, anything less is a joke.
Especially since the patch notes for Sunday said that basically "there is no patch"..../facepalm

/signed

SystemProcess
04.12.2013 , 03:26 PM | #797
Thanks for the response, Eric. It's a lot better than the issue never being addressed at all.

I just hope the changes made actually -fix- the problem instead of making it worse. :\
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

L-RANDLE
04.12.2013 , 03:27 PM | #798
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
And Pve gear is better then Pvp? or am i missing something.
Nope that's it....

****...... I need to make some crystals!!!!!

Darth_Vampirius
04.12.2013 , 03:31 PM | #799
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
Good yellow read! I really like where this is going.
You and I can finally agree on something. Let's shake on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-p_EeRMfIs
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

Seireeni
04.12.2013 , 03:32 PM | #800
I'd still very much like to know what happens to cartel market expertise crystals.