Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

veyl
04.10.2013 , 09:33 AM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by painterwhit View Post
Getting 2 or 3-shot is not a fun pvp experience. Likewise, most people that pvp with any regularity, will also agree that 2 or 3-shotting someone isn't really fun either. There is no competition in that.
Now everyone is beginning to understand what it felt like to be a Sorc vs Smash for the past 8 months. Also: Pvp'ers like two shotting people- They giggle like schoolchildren on vent when it happens.

painterwhit
04.10.2013 , 09:35 AM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceGabriell View Post
you do know that they admited that is bugged and they are working to fix it no?
The only people that like this joke of a system are the ones that didn't have a clue how to do wzs to begin with.
Sarcastaball - America's new favorite pasttime

Darth_Vampirius
04.10.2013 , 09:35 AM | #603
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
Pre-55 yes to all your questions. There should not be any type of PvP progression until you cap your level and work towards end game.
So, the game only becomes an RPG at level 55? Sounds stupid to me. If they stick with this crap of removing the RPG elements from the game, I'm just going to go for the gold and play an actual FPS.
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

Atramar
04.10.2013 , 09:37 AM | #604
The only people that like this joke of a system are the ones that didn't have a clue how to do wzs to begin with.
you don't know how to have fun, do you...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

FatEdd
04.10.2013 , 09:40 AM | #605
I think it is quite amusing seeing say a Sniper doing a Crit of 8k, but has no armour on. I am not fussed by it in all honesty, and I am sure they will get it sorted out. At least they have made a start on splitting up levels which everyone was demanding.

The only thing that I find a bit annoying at the moment is the medals, you can do top 3 damage, but end up bottom of the pile on medals, never have worked that one out even with completing the tasks over others.

I guess that has something to do with expertise, or this armour problem, do not know, but again so long as I am doing my part and winning I guess it does not matter.

I must admit, I have done 15 WZS since the patch, and lost only 3, so 2.0 is agreeable just on those stats,haha.

PS, Mercs doing on a regular basis 500-600k damage, sometimes I wonder why I bothered leveling up a PT FB, because I have noticed Mercs doing some awesome damage. Might start using your old favorite player FatEdd back into the game,lol.

Kovaos
04.10.2013 , 09:41 AM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
So, the game only becomes an RPG at level 55? Sounds stupid to me. If they stick with this crap of removing the RPG elements from the game, I'm just going to go for the gold and play an actual FPS.
Do you PvP exclusively from 10-55? I don't understand what you want, and I think you're not sure of the repercussion of implementing a PvP progression pre-55.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Boch
04.10.2013 , 09:43 AM | #607
The only people that don't like this system are no skilled hacks that need to be carried by gear. I can make broad accusations to.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

Darth_Vampirius
04.10.2013 , 09:46 AM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by Kovaos View Post
Do you PvP exclusively from 10-55? I don't understand what you want, and I think you're not sure of the repercussion of implementing a PvP progression pre-55.
Answer to the first question: yes. Yes, I do understand that some people will get roflstomped in PVP due to not being up on their character progression. IMO, this is way better than what we have. You can't shoehorn an RPG into an FPS without getting a really terrible game.

Answer to the unasked question: Here is what I want:
#1 Remove Bolster
#2 Get better brackets. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40, 49, 50-54, 55 stands alone.
Sadly, this might force us into cross server PVP to cut queue times, but it is a necessary evil.
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

painterwhit
04.10.2013 , 09:54 AM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by bodhisattvasw View Post
The answer to cheaters like this is a 'normalization', and then skill becomes a primary factor, and people feel SATISFIED over battles. When it is gear based, people don't feel satisfied because there are always kiddies that mini-max gear to take advantage of others.
2-shotting people does not take any skill....but then you think min/maxing is cheating too. Sorry I like my character to be as good as he/she can be by taking the time to MAKE him/her that way. I don't ask for ANYTHING to be given to me. I have spent a lot of time, energy, and creds getting all of my toons in gear that I like them wearing, with the best mods/armorings/enhancements/etc.....why....because I took the time and spent the creds figuring that crap out, so I'm not running around wzs getting pwned by people that haven't taken that time......THAT is competition.....the current state of pvp has NO competition
Sarcastaball - America's new favorite pasttime

Boch
04.10.2013 , 09:59 AM | #610
2-shotting people does not take any skill....but then you think min/maxing is cheating too. Sorry I like my character to be as good as he/she can be by taking the time to MAKE him/her that way. I don't ask for ANYTHING to be given to me. I have spent a lot of time, energy, and creds getting all of my toons in gear that I like them wearing, with the best mods/armorings/enhancements/etc.....why....because I took the time and spent the creds figuring that crap out, so I'm not running around wzs getting pwned by people that haven't taken that time......THAT is competition.....the current state of pvp has NO competition
The only people getting 2 shotted are the ones still wearing expertise in pre-55 PvP. Having a clear gear advantage is not competition. Having no gear gap is nothing but competition based on skill.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.