Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aeroe
04.09.2013 , 10:37 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
As promised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K0mvvD5muU

Give it a bit to process on youtube. It should be 1080p when done.

I was at 1920 expertise in EWH. It broke 2k when I stripped off.

Derp.
lol higher quality man, I was actually enjoying your trooper gameplay.
|Amazake|
<Eternal Dominion>
http://www.eternaldominion.com/
50 Corruption Sorcerer

DarthOvertone
04.09.2013 , 10:39 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
i really dont care how broken 10-54 is but im just guessing based on what ive seen so far that 55 is gonna be so broken now.
If Bolster is in 55 RWZs, then the entire PvP gear grind and endgame is a complete farce.

Worst PvP Dev team ever. We warned them about this on the PTS, over and over. Once again, BW didn't listen.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
Game just seems broken, not sure what the dev team was thinking, and now NAKED pvp is the best pvp from what I am hearing by everyone.
Not naked. It depends on the tier you are in. If you are in the 30-54 bracket, wear the worst level 30 gear you can find. You will have better stats in that junky gear than in your min/maxed WH gear. It's no longer a race to get the best gear in PvP. It's now a race to wear the worst junk you can find. What a pathetic joke. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by BatmanBinSuprman View Post
interesting.. sounds like it is indeed not working as intended. another bioware screw up >=/
Yep. The worst gamebreaking bug yet for PvP. BW actually broke WZ PvP with Bolster.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twidgel View Post
lol at "fair" & "even" terms. You grind to rise in level, you grind to get BiS. Giving people stats that you earned makes the whole time and effort pointless.
People thought the players giving feedback from the PTS were kidding? It's been clear all along that grinding PvP gear in RotHC with the new Bolster system is completely unnecessary. In fact, wearing PvP gear hurts you in landscape PvE due to the stat deficiencies.

Quote: Originally Posted by supafreak View Post
guess the broken PTS warzones didnt change much before they went live.
They changed...to a different iteration of broken. lol

/facepalm
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Jherad
04.09.2013 , 10:41 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
And your END went up... Main nerfed a bit, but LOL....

Looks like there is a tipping point though.... and you still need things like crit/surge/etc.
Looks like Ms. Cleo was right again!!
Whats weird is that my stats bounced up and down as I took various things off. I have some of my mods in custom shells (cartel, social gear etc) and some in original EWH shells - I'm wondering if the new bolster treats them differently.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Chrysanthe
04.09.2013 , 10:42 AM | #274
Methinks that is higher than recruit level....
Thanks amasing to watch your stat increase while dressing off and your superior dps, contra dressed Sith's.
It will be a lot of naked toon's on fleet when I finally can log in.

Chrysanthe

PhilD
04.09.2013 , 10:45 AM | #275
Watching your Aim go up as you stripped off gear was hilarious.

My question is, I can see the gun, but where's your generator stashed?
The Finglonger Legacy

Slicktime
04.09.2013 , 10:46 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Boch View Post
I maybe wrong here but can't they just rip out their mods and such and be pretty even with everyone else who is naked. If this is the case its seems like the QQ is about not having a gear advantage, and they maybe exposed for there lack of skill.
it's not about gear advantage. it only takes a few days MAX to go from recruit to war hero so nobody should complain about that. this new system is just BAAAAAAD.

Boch
04.09.2013 , 10:47 AM | #277
Not only did they marginalize the gear, now you expect people to pay for mod removal?

Sorry, but pfft...
First people will adapt. Secondly I can PvP on any toon with no gear grind and be on stat level with all players. Allowing me to PvP for the sake of pvping and having a fair fight. I don't understand what the problem is.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

L-RANDLE
04.09.2013 , 10:49 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Whats weird is that my stats bounced up and down as I took various things off. I have some of my mods in custom shells (cartel, social gear etc) and some in original EWH shells - I'm wondering if the new bolster treats them differently.
That's what I saw....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

PhilD
04.09.2013 , 10:49 AM | #279
OK, that first 7.5k crit in that video, I nearly pissed my pants laughing.
The Finglonger Legacy

L-RANDLE
04.09.2013 , 10:50 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Boch View Post
First people will adapt. Secondly I can PvP on any toon with no gear grind and be on stat level with all players. Allowing me to PvP for the sake of pvping and having a fair fight. I don't understand what the problem is.
So you think its ok so spend money to compensate for a bad change that has 0 to do with players?

How about you ship me the credits to remove my mods then?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango