Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BDutch
05.11.2013 , 09:59 AM | #1621
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post
Hardcore pvp guilds still murder pve'ers/casuals bolster or not.
If that's the case then why does it even matter if something changed? Hardcore pvp guilds are already geared to fight eachother on equal footing, so who cares what sort of bolstering the trampled remainder gets?

Nothing really changed on my server except there are more premades now because people refuse to solo queue only to be grouped with players who got no clue how to pvp.
People are frustrated because more bad players are trying PvP now? Working as intended. I can't sympathize with PvP communities that don't understand how PvP dies a slow death without an influx of new players. It's like a stupid goldfish that won't stop eating until it dies.
Originally Posted by Puja
The sentinel PVP armor is PINK and POOP colored with golden ******* and a clown helmet my brain is not able to make any sense out of. Then some sort of giant bug from the Jetsons has attached itself to the left shoulder.

stephenalandavie
05.11.2013 , 10:01 AM | #1622
Quote: Originally Posted by BDutch View Post
Endless gear treadmills in PvP w/o some sort of system like this just bleed the playerbase over time. It's no surprise that there's such opposition from remaining players, since that population has been filtered down to only people that can tolerate the previous lame system. I'm guessing BW isn't going for retaining those players so much as enticing new players and luring back people like me.

Here's my sub--show me what you can do BW. Don't pussyfoot around like RIFT; a small group of hardcore elitist cockroaches never kept any PvP community alive. Drawing in casuals, PvE'ers, and new blood is the way to go. Stay on target... Stay on target...
I near choked on my croissant reading this, nice try though they have been bleeding players these past few weeks the stats show it all.

BDutch
05.11.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1623
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
I near choked on my croissant reading this, nice try though they have been bleeding players these past few weeks the stats show it all.
Like I said, right now the community is comprised of people that either like the old system or grew to tolerate it. It doesn't surprise me that they dislike a drastic change... how could it have possibly been made for their benefit? If there is a positive impact on PvP population, it won't happen over night. It's a lot easier to drive away players than it is to draw them back. Just like all the players that rage quit the first time they hit 50 and queued up to be destroyed a few times in a row then said "lol screw this".
Originally Posted by Puja
The sentinel PVP armor is PINK and POOP colored with golden ******* and a clown helmet my brain is not able to make any sense out of. Then some sort of giant bug from the Jetsons has attached itself to the left shoulder.

Darkshadz
05.11.2013 , 10:09 AM | #1624
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Torstats? They don't prove anything. They added 1,7 millions new players since going free to play and the number of subs have stabilized at just under half a million according to this article

Isislol
05.11.2013 , 10:11 AM | #1625
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkshadz View Post
Torstats? They don't prove anything.
Long queues at least on Shadowlands and the same faces in most WZs.

Darkshadz
05.11.2013 , 10:12 AM | #1626
That's not what I see on Bastion.

Akuryu
05.11.2013 , 03:19 PM | #1627
I think bolster is a fantastic idea. I should never have to feel inadequate because that other guy has spent weeks perfecting his gear, while I'm wearing greens I found on Nar Shada.

Come to think of it, they should just remove stats completely. It hurts my feelings that some other guy has more HP than me. No fair. sad panda.

We should remove levels too. Just because that guy has been playing longer, he gets more skills? It breaks my little heart. Remove leveling.

We should all have the same abilities too. It's not fair that some abilities hit for more, and some are AoE. It's cheap. Everyone should have the same moves.

Different weapon types? How is that fair?! That sniper can shoot me from 35m but I have to get within 10m to shoot back? *wimper face* Everyone has the same weapons. Guns I think.

Camera views are a factor. Some players have their camera zoomed all the way out, so they have a wider field of vision. That's clearly an exploit. I think they should bring the camera in to a set view. First person would be ideal. That way all players have the same field of vision.

Lets get rid of stupid warzone objectives too. Those hurt my brain. Deathmatch plz.

I guess what I'm saying is... I really want a game where I don't have to think. At all. No stupid leveling up, or playing dress-up doll with gear, or a bunch of confusing skills, or stats that make me do math. I hate math. I just want to jump in and shoot people with guns.

Also- add killstreaks. And maybe a voice that goes "H-H-Headshot" all awesome when I shoot someone in the face.

If they can do all these things, I believe PVP will be fixed.

SomeJagoff
05.11.2013 , 11:29 PM | #1628
The Harbinger as well, long queues in lowbie, super lowbie, and 55. Best bracket is 30-54 though, maybe 10min wait with some new faces each time.

55 though? I've had 30min waits this last week and when a pop does come, usually double premade vs pugs....then the exact same double premade vs pugs again, 3-5 times in a row (with the same map 2-3 times in a row), then 1 person stops queuing on the pug side or the premade side, then it goes back to a 30min wait.

Bioware, your design decisions for 2.0 have been breathtaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEXAJZ-y7A
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

TheCourier-
05.11.2013 , 11:58 PM | #1629
PVP queues on Jedi Covenant can take more than 15 minutes.
Multiple characters on Pot5

Isislol
05.12.2013 , 11:07 AM | #1630
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
PVP queues on Jedi Covenant can take more than 15 minutes.

But hey, at least casuals or pve'rs who only do pvp daily can enjoy WZs now. Doesn't matters pvp'ers need to wait in long queues as long as others are having fun.