Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zadtro
05.09.2013 , 10:01 AM | #1601
Why is there a guide exploiting the bolster system? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea of endgame pvp if anyone can do it? I don't wanna offend anyone but I think that the bolster in this game is driving people away who enjoy pvp and for a STAR WARS game, you would think the word WAR means epic battles which isn't apparent in the current end game pvp.

Bolster is sort of good for lvling pvp but at end game when gear is available with comms it seems stupid to be able to exploit the bolster so you don't have to farm for it. Maybe if they increased the HP on pvp gear so people would be less likely to go in wearing pve stuff because of the loss from HP & expertise?

DeadBeatJedi
05.09.2013 , 10:05 AM | #1602
Get rid of bolster.

BoushhDC
05.09.2013 , 02:07 PM | #1603
Quote: Originally Posted by Zadtro View Post
Why is there a guide exploiting the bolster system?
Huh? I've not seen any such guide.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

stephenalandavie
05.09.2013 , 02:12 PM | #1604
Quote: Originally Posted by BoushhDC View Post
Its on the pvp forums look!

BoushhDC
05.09.2013 , 02:46 PM | #1606
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Its on the pvp forums look!
Well, aside from individual posts/threads complaining (rightly so) about various bugs, I only found two what I would term PvP "Guides" of any kind within the first 5 pages. One is stickied at the top with such irrelevant data as the cost of Recruit Gear, and the other is a Guide about how Bolster works and the recommended order in which to acquire your gear, as you're gearing up. I've not seen any "How To Exploit" Guides. I'm just making sure that some people aren't starting to go a little crazy with the "Exploit!" accusations in this case.

Person A: "I had a PoP Tart for breakfast."

Person B: "Exploit!!1!! Hax!1!"

lol. Ya know what I'm sayin'?
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

Athan-Won
05.10.2013 , 09:21 AM | #1607
Quote: Originally Posted by cripito View Post
First image, tragic at least.

BraaxusKun
05.10.2013 , 09:30 AM | #1608
Hint that people will prefer recruit over bolster:

NO THREAD WITH 120K VIEWS COMPLAINING ABOUT RECRUIT GEAR

foxmob
05.10.2013 , 09:36 AM | #1609
Quote: Originally Posted by BoushhDC View Post
i think he's talking about tonydragonflame's guide.

edit: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635414

I only glossed it and didn't see anything about exploiting. some posts in the thread accuse him of telling ppl to. not sure if he edited or if it never contained such info.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

BoushhDC
05.10.2013 , 10:13 AM | #1610
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
i think he's talking about tonydragonflame's guide.

edit: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635414

I only glossed it and didn't see anything about exploiting. some posts in the thread accuse him of telling ppl to. not sure if he edited or if it never contained such info.
I saw the guide the first day it showed up. It's just that, a helpful guide about how bolster works and therefore a recommended order in which to gear up. There is nothing about exploiting. I've seen a LOT of posts about the bugs and how people are using the known bugs to manipulate unintended results which BW has specifically acknowledged. None of that is contained in TD's guide. If anyone is accusing him of that in the guide, as well as apparently two people here, they have some difficulties preventing them from distinguishing between what what is an exploit (and probably by extension, what is a hack) and what is just helpful information about a very opaque subject: the new bolster system.