Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
05.07.2013 , 08:21 AM | #1511
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
The funny thing is that many of those casual players that don't read forums and such got the notion that they needed to wear their recruit gear hammered into them. And now, wearing their recruit gear is the worst possible thing to do...
That's actually a good point. I also feel for the returning Battlemaster, Champion or Centurion wearing guys.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

CharlieOo
05.07.2013 , 09:28 AM | #1512
Quote: Originally Posted by Scrannix View Post
The bolster system makes sense for levels 10-54 and it helps to keep the war-zone pops somewhat frequent while giving everyone even the low levels some fun while in there. This was actually a great idea and it works well.

The bolster system should NOT be in 55 regular or ranked war-zones.

When a player reaches 55 they should be given a set of basic PVP gear for war-zones. This set of PVP gear should be better than any PVE gear inside of a war-zone. The Partisan and Conqueror sets should be superior to the Basic PVP set considering the amount of time and effort it takes to grind them.

Players who PVP typically want to see results from their hard efforts and time they put into obtaining the BEST PVP gear. These players should see results just as players who PVE see the results from their PVE gear in their PVE environments.

Regards,

Polysporinski aka Neosporinski
I Agree 100%

EricMusco
05.07.2013 , 10:16 AM | #1513 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkwalker View Post
I think most of us knew the goal of bolster at 55. We just want it to work correctly. Any word on a fix?
Good question! I probably should have mentioned that in my post. The bug that players are experiencing in relation to augments in certain armor slots will be fixed in Game Update 2.1, which is currently slated for release next Tuesday, 5/14.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eillack
05.07.2013 , 10:18 AM | #1514
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question! I probably should have mentioned that in my post. The bug that players are experiencing in relation to augments in certain armor slots will be fixed in Game Update 2.1, which is currently slated for release next Tuesday, 5/14.

-eric
How about scamper roll being able to go over force fields, or making Huttleball pointless?

islander
05.07.2013 , 10:19 AM | #1515
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
How about scamper roll being able to go over force fields, or making Huttleball pointless?
Huttball isnt pointless. They aren't unhittable mid-roll you know.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

RyderQuanTy
05.07.2013 , 10:40 AM | #1516

-eric
can you explain how bolster will effects end game pvp augments. Will 14 lvl 55 augments be 100% equal to 14 lv 25 augments or will the 55 lvl have an edge?
" The force is only for defence. There is no why"

Hawkwalker
05.07.2013 , 11:35 AM | #1517

-eric
Finally! Thanks Eric.
The Smalls Legacy
Shadowsomething * Sprunk * Hellisa * Sporks * Flurvingar
Sun'pok * Mohawk * Unoriginal * Freshkech

cripito
05.07.2013 , 11:42 AM | #1518

-eric
Eric what about all the examples about the bolster don't giving the right stats to ppl in pve or mix gear?

islander
05.07.2013 , 12:03 PM | #1519
Quote: Originally Posted by cripito View Post
Eric what about all the examples about the bolster don't giving the right stats to ppl in pve or mix gear?
It'll take them months to hash all of those out, I'm betting. Which is why an alternative to bolster needs to happen :/
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Avicii
05.07.2013 , 12:21 PM | #1520

-eric
Are you confident that PvP gear is absolutely better then the high end PvE gear? As there is no reason that we should have to raid or grind FPs to compete on an even level in PvP. There is a lot of misinformation, possibly, right now about what is BiS for PvP.

Is there anyway we can get clarification on how bolster works exactly so we can ensure PvP gear is BiS.

Not doing stuff like using BiS PvE armor with PvP mods or something of that nature to trick bolster in to adding stats it shouldnt? In addition is there a reason that the bolster doesnt look at X item and see is there ANY expertise on the item in any slot? If so do not bolster it at all. This way if people swap mods or w/e it is either Y = no bolster, Z = add bolster for the slot. Why look at each individual slot it over complicates the system and creates loop holes for players to exploit and gain an advantage which will likely include using the high end PvE gear since the iLevel is much higher then PvP.

Yes this could cause power creep for people that augment or depending on bolster if you have bolster include an average level augment then people that dont augment could possibly be at a slight disadvantage or on even footing most likely. However all of those scenarios are minor to what we have encountered thus far which has created a huge mess include that with the lack of communication and slow response time to fix.

Ideally this time should be spent fine tuning classes instead of bolster. Hopefully that is what is next on the list as there were major changes made but no tuning done yet to adjust the extreme TTK issues.