Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cripito
04.18.2013 , 11:35 AM | #1201
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The issue of empty Modification slots Bolstering incorrectly is a bug and will be fixed on Tuesday with Game Update 2.0.1. The delay in my response is that I wanted to be sure that it was a bug and when exactly it would be fixed so I could report that information to you guys, hope that helps.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric... you guys still don't get it.... bolster don't have a place in lvl 55 pvp....

DarthOvertone
04.18.2013 , 11:36 AM | #1202
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
In this aspect, it IS a buff for PvEers with no PvP gear, because instead of having 70% of max expertise and awful gear, now you have 70% with your best PvE gear.
That makes perfect sense. But that's not a 30% decrease in overall effectiveness, which is what I read the dude's post to say. That's utilizing the Expertise stat alone to level the playing field.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?

Faltun
04.18.2013 , 11:42 AM | #1203
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawk-Firestorm View Post
Its not just bolster thats screwing PVP its also the new alacrity changes basically Bioware now gives players a legit method of running a accelerated process.

And of course that obviously is the best method to promote a balanced game.

Expertise has and always will unbalance the game, PVP shouldn't be about gear it should be about the skill of the players and their team.

All the elements that unbalance the game should be removed and a proper baseline set to balance the game again, you don't bork the entire game to make poorly engineered elements work you remove them, you made alacrity basically the only way to go, and with every patch push pvp further and further out of balance in a attempt to bring in more gear with ever higher stats which pushes the game ever further away from the balancing point.

There should be armour you can pve in and pvp in, a crafting system and a economy thats actually worth a damn and PVP thats balanced and at a pace thats enjoyable for the player thats based on skill of the player and their team not the gear they are in.

Also matching should also try to form teams where each team has similar ammounts of healers or none at all on both sides.

Its long overdue Bioware wake up and start making some serious inroads into the enginering shortfalls of this game and turn this single player game with multiplayer, and into a MMO as it should have been.
there is no big diffrence between the 2 type of pvp gear i think this game is not about gear i always use the lower tier of gear in pvp and its fine i can kill better geared ppl easily and i usualy do the best dmg heal if that matters gear need anyway i mean customize your gear is part of you skill because its about your spec and playing style for example: there is class what dosent need crit just power and things like that.

Faltun
04.18.2013 , 11:42 AM | #1204
Quote: Originally Posted by cripito View Post
Eric... you guys still don't get it.... bolster don't have a place in lvl 55 pvp....
agreed

TonoJah
04.18.2013 , 11:44 AM | #1205
Exactly.
Torchface - Powertech
Tono - Jugg
Bossface - Vanguard
Truckface - Assassin

Faltun
04.18.2013 , 11:52 AM | #1206
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Uh, excuse me?

"I can't do hard operations in PvP gear" -- guess what? You can do SM operations through the groupfinder. You can ALSO do HM FPs.

If they remove bolster and stop PvE-geared people from queueing for WZs, they need to ban all players wearing a single piece of PvP gear from running ANY PvE content.

Ontop of that -- PvE gear is meant to be below PvP gear at all points. Once they fix this on Tuesday, it will be no different than giving out a free set of recruit gear -- without actually having the gear.
yes SMs, i said HMs. As a pve player you have almost the same stats without do a sigle wz as a pvp player who worked alot on his gear and you can do all the warzones but if you re a pvp player and you have the best pvp gear you just can do half of the pve content cuz you cant do hm operations and you have to work for your pve gear as much as a pve player to do hm operations then make a bolster for operation too please

LarryRow
04.18.2013 , 12:01 PM | #1207
Yeah, remove Bolster from 55 pvp, great idea. Have fun dinging 55 and getting blown up in 2 gcds by a powertech. A powertech, for pete's sake! O, the humiliation!

Instead of recruit gear, they are using Bolster. It's a good idea that is taking an embarrassingly long time to implement properly. Deal with it and move on.

Suggestions about removing expertise are equally stupid. PvE Carebears turn into Grizzly Bears when you trivialize their progression.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

scraycroft
04.18.2013 , 12:03 PM | #1208
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Yeah, remove Bolster from 55 pvp, great idea. Have fun dinging 55 and getting blown up in 2 gcds by a powertech. A powertech, for pete's sake! O, the humiliation!
Because no one can max their commendation limits by 55, right? There's NO WAY you can come into your first lvl 55 WZ with 3 quarters of your slots filled partisan.

If you hit 55 unprepared, tough luck.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

Pistols
04.18.2013 , 12:06 PM | #1209

Instead of recruit gear, they are using Bolster. It's a good idea that is taking an embarrassingly long time to implement properly. Deal with it and move on.

Suggestions about removing expertise are equally stupid. PvE Carebears turn into Grizzly Bears when you trivialize their progression.
I respectfully disagree. It would have been much easier to implement a BETTER Recruit option for 2.0, which would have higher main stats and lower expertise overall, but nothing gross like it was before. I could live with having 20-22K health but lower expertise (compared to Partisian/Conq) as opposed to having this bolster debacle. The gear grind is nothing like it was back in the day, even to casual gamers it's quite simple to obtain Reg comms gear. Bolster has done nothing but break PvP, at the expense of not just re-optimizing the Recruit. If they upped the Recruit to have +/- difference between what WH/EWH was...there would have been much less frustration.

Drekevec
04.18.2013 , 12:27 PM | #1210
First off, it is not a stupid suggestion. You simply just do not understand it so you get defensive. Bolster and expertise if taken out of the game would solve all of this complaining because it would bring pvp to a class stat and actual skill based community. Let me be clear, there is no skill required in me stun locking someone for 8 secs and dropping their 25k health in that time. NONE. I can do it others can do it. it does not promote skill. The resolve bar is a whole other issue that I could really waste a lot of time analyzing.