Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jherad
04.17.2013 , 08:44 PM | #1141
Bioware will do what Bioware will do.

Suggestions are filed in /dev/null.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

grandmofftarkin
04.17.2013 , 08:50 PM | #1142
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Bioware will do what Bioware will do.

Suggestions are filed in /dev/null.
Yeah exactly.

[foo@bar:~]$ echo "all good ideas" > /dev/null
[foo@bar:~]$ ./gg

Phrase
04.17.2013 , 08:55 PM | #1143
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmofftarkin View Post
Yeah exactly.

[foo@bar:~]$ echo "all good ideas" > /dev/null
[foo@bar:~]$ ./gg

/10char

Sixgun
The Bastion

MasterFeign
04.17.2013 , 09:00 PM | #1144
I think it would be acceptable, if underworld/arkanian gear (or w/e the names are), performed at the very least, 30% less better than pvp gear.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the change this Tuesday, would be pathetically abysmal.

Jeeses
04.17.2013 , 09:04 PM | #1145
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
I think it would be acceptable, if underworld/arkanian gear (or w/e the names are), performed at the very least, 30% less better than pvp gear.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the change this Tuesday, would be pathetically abysmal.
I made a thread basically about this
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=627635

With the addition of boosting gear below standard up.

fungihoujo
04.17.2013 , 09:58 PM | #1146
They should make it so pve gear has to mixed and matched, with empty mod slots and naked gear slots to get the perfect combination to do well in pve, y'know, cuz that makes sense.

amirite?

Doesn't matter if I'm right- BW agrees with me. Nuf said.

lern2ungear

Tarn_Sirun
04.17.2013 , 11:02 PM | #1147
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
One of the first things we want to address are concerns about how our change has affected players in WH and EWH in the open world. The simple explanation is that due to the way our itemization works, we had to make the choice that WH gear would either be good in open world (and not viable in Warzones) or viable in Warzones (but lacked Expertise in open world situations). We decided that since a large majority of the PvP that occurs in our game and the place where players worked to receive the gear is Warzones, that we would side with Warzones overall.

We completely understand that the desire from everyone would be that WH/EWH was viable in both open world PvP and Warzones, but unfortunately that just was not a possibility in this case.

-eric

Wait a second, you are saying Expertise DOES work out of warzones? because I have been told differently by a customer service rep.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

So what is the correct answer, does it work outside of warzones or not?

dlaxmcm
04.17.2013 , 11:05 PM | #1148
I think it's sad that the biggest lesson BW (and EA) should have learned is release dates do not = profit. Revenue is generated by announcing a release date and meeting it, but PROFIT is generated through quality content. The main reason this game failed to generate and sustain players is the fact that the retail version was incomplete! 2.0 was a perfect opportunity to shine in the spotlight generated by gradual improvement and a successful transition to F2P. Bioware dropped the ball again though by not ensuring their product was ready.

If their team actually follows this thread the only message I want to send to them is PLEASE understand that gamers will always wait for, comeback to, and continue to play a game that focuses relentlessly on quality and testing, not release dates.

And BTW you have the Star Wars license...... drugs sell themselves

painterwhit
04.18.2013 , 12:53 AM | #1149
Great, so the 55 bracket will hopefully be fixed. Unfortunately, THERE ARE 54 OTHER LEVELS!

A week?!? Seriously?!? On top of that nothing in that post says anything about fixing any of the other issues with this crappy bolster. Only that you will get us the math sometime......really?!?

7 days and counting. That's how long before this game will be 1 less customer. If there isn't SOMEthing more concrete than "sometime after 2.0.1" by then I'll be moving on to some other game.
Sarcastiball - America's new favorite pasttime

Kegparty
04.18.2013 , 12:57 AM | #1150
Quote: Originally Posted by painterwhit View Post
Great, so the 55 bracket will hopefully be fixed. Unfortunately, THERE ARE 54 OTHER LEVELS!

A week?!? Seriously?!? On top of that nothing in that post says anything about fixing any of the other issues with this crappy bolster. Only that you will get us the math sometime......really?!?

7 days and counting. That's how long before this game will be 1 less customer. If there isn't SOMEthing more concrete than "sometime after 2.0.1" by then I'll be moving on to some other game.
If you post the math on the thread you get your posts deleted.