Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

supafreak
04.09.2013 , 04:40 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
No it dosnt, I think this is basically a twinks qq thread
NO, Bolster DOES affect 55 PVP as well, so yeah...not much else to say about that

PVP gear trades other stats for expertise,

1.Wear PVE gear get all the nice high stats pvpers have to sacrifice for pvp gear, and get free expertise from bolster
2. ROLLFACEONKEYBOARD
3. PROFIT
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

Atramar
04.09.2013 , 04:41 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by supafreak View Post
NO, Bolster DOES affect 55 PVP as well, so yeah...not much else to say about that

1.Wear PVE gear get all the nice high stats pvpers have to sacrifice for pvp gear, and get free expertise from bolster
2. ROLLFACEONKEYBOARD
3. PROFIT
you have screenshots from L 55 pvp?
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Mogsters
04.09.2013 , 04:46 AM | #103

2. ROLLFACEONKEYBOARD
3. PROFIT
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130405

At level 50 we stop bolstering characters.

kjng
04.09.2013 , 04:51 AM | #104

Correct me if I am wrong, I think they meant they stop bolstering at 50 with the pre 2.0 system.

supafreak
04.09.2013 , 04:52 AM | #105

LAWL Keep reading bro especially if you are gonna link something you should also read it
"
At level 50 we stop bolstering characters, which you can see adds to the huge drop off of effectiveness once a character goes from 49 to 50."

They were explaining the old problems pre patch 2.0 in that paragraph
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

Arutar
04.09.2013 , 04:55 AM | #106

You misread the entire posting. They were talking about the "old bolstering", not the new one.

"Currently, Bolster is setup to bring characters up to a set level of stats that are appropriate for entry-level PvP. The amount of stats given to a character is based on their level, more stats for lower level, to bring them up to this “entry-level” PvP base. At level 50 we stop bolstering characters, which you can see adds to the huge drop off of effectiveness once a character goes from 49 to 50."

The new Bolstering will be in ALL warzones from lvl 10 to 55.

While I was sceptical about Bolstering in lvl 55 from the beginning, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But seeing how they screwed up bolstering in lvls 10-54, I am starting to expect the worst. We will see.

DarkPharohEclip
04.09.2013 , 04:55 AM | #107
Bolster will probably ruin this game and make the dev team a laughing stock if they don't fix it.... This is why we had a PTS.. but I guess they didn't want to listen to anyone and went ahead with this disaster... Any other dev team that goes into one of these warzones and notices that taking off your gear gives you higher stats will just lol BW and then make them the butt (literally) of their jokes...

Icykill_
04.09.2013 , 04:56 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Is it a fact that something is messed up with bolster or are people not giving it a chance? -I was looking forward to pvp tonight after work =(

I know i read some concerns about bolster being bugged on PTS forums, and that ppl could run around naked etc - but i (stupidly?) assumed they obviously would have fixed that before pushing it on Live...
OMG!!!

This is sooooo funny... I have been PVPing naked... I even equipped a light sabre with no crystal/mods/enhancements <it still shows as a red light sabre>... my stats sky rocketed

I have just equipped a full set of armour now... no mods/enhancements/armouring... I will switch back and forth when I go into PVP

VictoireStar
04.09.2013 , 04:57 AM | #109
Doesn't help that when your team is full of and 30s and 40s..and the entire enemy team is all lvl 50s..and so our team is died in seconds..whole team waiting at respawn..what 10 seconds after match starts...

Mogsters
04.09.2013 , 04:57 AM | #110
LAWL Keep reading bro especially if you are gonna link something you should also read it
"
At level 50 we stop bolstering characters, which you can see adds to the huge drop off of effectiveness once a character goes from 49 to 50."

They were explaining the old problems pre patch 2.0 in that paragraph
Shouldnt then be STOPPED? anyhow I dont think theres any bolstering on 55, even Bioware isnt that stupid.