Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
04.17.2013 , 02:56 PM | #1081
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Were you having a lot of open world battles and events while you were leveling to max level, or did you wait until max level and getting your endgame pvp gear to do that?

I think people are just having trouble letting go of their now-obsolete level 50 gear (sweet lemon). Or maybe the problem is that, while WH and EWH gear is obsolete, the level 50 PvE gear is still pretty viable for a lot of level 55 content (sour grapes).
I have (had) full 63 gear as it was Larry. My PvE stuff is STILL better because of the stupid way they "converted" armorings in EWH gear.

Where I have "trouble" with this is in how Makeb is designed. At level 52, I went up against a level 55 Sniper who killed me over...and over...but it was a good fight that I kept coming back to. The ONLY reason he didn't pound me into the dirt (more) was the expertise on my EWH gear. Paths DO cross on Makeb and this removal of Expertise from our older gear screws every player who has a similar encounter to mine. Open World PvP, while rare, DOES still happen. This HURTS "organic" open world PvP...and that sucks imo.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Pistols
04.17.2013 , 02:57 PM | #1082
And I think the constant "Why wasn't this fixed before Live!?!?!?", while a valid complaint, isn't really productive anymore
I don't think anyone is trying to be productive, players are simply using the PvP forum as a platform to voice their dismay, which is a complete normal ritual on MMO forums since forever. Players have a legitimate reason to be frothing on the forums atm, the development team has released a garbage update that literally makes PvP unenjoyable (coupled with other mass failings in the update), and for me personally I'm tired of seeing PvP players walk away from the game. I can handle a bug here and there, or perhaps a broken something that isn't game-breaking. But when a company/game intentionally releases broken content to fulfill a timetable at the expense of quality assurance, many will take issue with that and MMO's are no different. I'll save the productive chatter when I see productive content via PvP gameplay.

Simbr
04.17.2013 , 03:07 PM | #1083
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
One of the first things we want to address are concerns about how our change has affected players in WH and EWH in the open world. The simple explanation is that due to the way our itemization works, we had to make the choice that WH gear would either be good in open world (and not viable in Warzones) or viable in Warzones (but lacked Expertise in open world situations). We decided that since a large majority of the PvP that occurs in our game and the place where players worked to receive the gear is Warzones, that we would side with Warzones overall.

We completely understand that the desire from everyone would be that WH/EWH was viable in both open world PvP and Warzones, but unfortunately that just was not a possibility in this case.

-eric
That is the worst reply I have ever read. How can you have not known this on PTS? This is totally unacceptable, we spent months grinding this gear, plenty of us enjoy the little world pvp we get now you turn our PvP gear into PvE gear. I have spread this gear over my companions so they are now all useless in world pvp as well, did you even consider that part?! You break the gear because you introduced a flawed and incompatible system. Why should we get Conqueror gear when you may ruin it in a few months also. You have lost our trust and most of our subs.

HoloTweed
04.17.2013 , 03:07 PM | #1084
Quote: Originally Posted by madcappah View Post
Unacceptable.
Actually, it's about time that Expertise was eliminated in the Open World altogether. Players wearing PvP gear totally overwhelming PvE players in the Open World environment who are doing PvE missions should never have been allowed in the first place.

Expertise should only work in WarZones. In the Open World, it should be a balanced playing field so everyone has a chance to enjoy the combat versus PvPers descending for a giggling gank-fest on players performing PvE quests in what is, basically, the PvE environment.

There should be PvP in the Open World - that has proven fun when appropriately geared players clash. Expertise gives a gravely unfair advantage (especially when much of the Open World PvP is exp-geared PvPers ganking players 10 - 20 levels below them).

Scotland
04.17.2013 , 03:12 PM | #1085
One of the first things we want to address are concerns about how our change has affected players in WH and EWH in the open world. The simple explanation is that due to the way our itemization works, we had to make the choice that WH gear would either be good in open world (and not viable in Warzones) or viable in Warzones (but lacked Expertise in open world situations). We decided that since a large majority of the PvP that occurs in our game and the place where players worked to receive the gear is Warzones, that we would side with Warzones overall.

We completely understand that the desire from everyone would be that WH/EWH was viable in both open world PvP and Warzones, but unfortunately that just was not a possibility in this case.

-eric
One word....... FARCE!

LarryRow
04.17.2013 , 03:17 PM | #1086
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I have (had) full 63 gear as it was Larry. My PvE stuff is STILL better because of the stupid way they "converted" armorings in EWH gear.

Where I have "trouble" with this is in how Makeb is designed. At level 52, I went up against a level 55 Sniper who killed me over...and over...but it was a good fight that I kept coming back to. The ONLY reason he didn't pound me into the dirt (more) was the expertise on my EWH gear. Paths DO cross on Makeb and this removal of Expertise from our older gear screws every player who has a similar encounter to mine. Open World PvP, while rare, DOES still happen. This HURTS "organic" open world PvP...and that sucks imo.
Well, I didn't scrutinize my stats that closely, but if you had, say, High Aim, Low Endurance armoring and that was reversed in the conversion, yeah that's lame.

As for the situation you describe, it doesn't sound any different from a level 50 with pvp gear running into a level 47 on Corellia. If that guy in your story had been level 54 instead of level 55, he wouldn't have had much of a gear advantage at all, right?

Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
I don't think anyone is trying to be productive, players are simply using the PvP forum as a platform to voice their dismay, which is a complete normal ritual on MMO forums since forever. Players have a legitimate reason to be frothing on the forums atm, the development team has released a garbage update that literally makes PvP unenjoyable (coupled with other mass failings in the update), and for me personally I'm tired of seeing PvP players walk away from the game. I can handle a bug here and there, or perhaps a broken something that isn't game-breaking. But when a company/game intentionally releases broken content to fulfill a timetable at the expense of quality assurance, many will take issue with that and MMO's are no different. I'll save the productive chatter when I see productive content via PvP gameplay.
I guess I can't disagree with any of this. But you're upset for all the right reasons. The people who are stamping their feet that their gear isn't endgame-viable any more, after an expansion, are really the ones driving me nuts.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Domatron
04.17.2013 , 03:18 PM | #1087
Even better with bolster EWH belt and Bracers > Partisan
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=627333

Bolster makes level 50 gear without expertise better than level 55 with expertise

Kovaos
04.17.2013 , 03:21 PM | #1088
The people who are stamping their feet that their gear isn't endgame-viable any more, after an expansion, are really the ones driving me nuts.
I agree. Those posts are worthless and carry no weight due to a new level cap. The real and only arguments/complaints need to be about 55 WZs/RWZs bolster. It needs to go.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Aetideus
04.17.2013 , 03:21 PM | #1089
Quote: Originally Posted by Simbr View Post
That is the worst reply I have ever read. How can you have not known this on PTS? This is totally unacceptable, we spent months grinding this gear, plenty of us enjoy the little world pvp we get now you turn our PvP gear into PvE gear. I have spread this gear over my companions so they are now all useless in world pvp as well, did you even consider that part?! You break the gear because you introduced a flawed and incompatible system. Why should we get Conqueror gear when you may ruin it in a few months also. You have lost our trust and most of our subs.
Seriousely do you believe that a lot of software products exist in the market with this irresponsible behavior?

Twin
04.17.2013 , 03:24 PM | #1090

-eric
Yeah the majority of pvp happens in Warzones, and gear is obtained in Warzones because YOU refuse to give us any options whatsoever to actually engage in Open World.

Removing expertise from WH/EWH gear wasn't part of the original intent, and to stand here today and say "There was no other way" is nothing short of amateurish. OF COURSE there are other ways - you just don't wanna consider those options, because you will refuse to admit that your new "Bolster" is a complete and utter disastrous failure.

Instead of bandaiding you broken and allready failed bolster - remove, rework and reimplement. Do it right.

And btw, when can we expect more warzones and pvp content? You know, the stuff you announced in the past we could expect to occur on a regular basis?
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends