Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

_Zhatan_
04.17.2013 , 07:18 AM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Funny how you missed that while losing 300 expertise, you gained 2200 expertise worth of item budget in all your other stats.

A huge tunnel vision there.
I think you didnt test it as i did for a whole day...the stats increase are : +2k hitpoints +10 damage +20 damage bonus ....and 6% less armour vs player, 6% less damage vs players So i gain about 30 damage for extra pve stats and lost 120 from expertise.

Dude your lack of clue is disturbing.
SWG----------------- 8 years played, 7 active accounts at June 2011.
SWTOR------------- 6 months played. BACK ONLY FOR PATCHS .

BW...Something is failing here, don't you think?

itsluck
04.17.2013 , 09:03 AM | #1062
Ill be 100% ok with bolster if they add it to pve, but otherwise how fair is that? if hardcore PvErs can now walk into a WZ with no pvp gear and get good buffs, then why cant hardcore Pvpers with no PvE gear go run some of the hardest ops and hms? im all for a more even pvp, but some sort of gap needs to exsist or there is no real gear grind. This gap doesnt need to be as big as EWH vs. recruit was and i hope it isnt, but again if the pvp gear barely helps, why grind it. For any PvErs that disagree, id love to see bolster added to hms or ops and see how much fun your gear grind and experiences are

I also couldnt care less about losing my full EWH ive heard some, its progression an should be expected by every mmo player. i dont see the big deal there

painterwhit
04.17.2013 , 09:22 AM | #1063
You missed the PVP-only part in my post, didn't you?

All those things you did were also getting some of the best PVE gear for that level. Besides the expertise power crystals, every mod you got and every augment you got also made your PVE effectiveness better.

So yes, there was a grind for gear at lower levels. But what you get was as effective in PVE as it was in PVP.

Also, there is still a gear grind at higher levels today. Conqueror is, reports say, still better in most slots than PVE gear is. Only debate using actual tests and numbers I see suggests that hilts and barrels are better when using PVE versions.
My point was that you and others are trying to tell people that there is no gear grind below max level for PvP, and basically told him to prove it....I did. Are you now reversing that statement?

....and who cares about that stuff making it better for PvE? A lot of people have toons they ONLY level in wzs with...you can only grind the SAME PvE content so many times before you just don't want to do it anymore.

My point is this - bolster was FINE pre-2.0. You just had to learn HOW to be competitive. The only thing this new bolster is good for is the fact that I'll probably save a whole lot of creds not having to keep my toons in the best gear possible...crew skills get expensive
Sarcastiball - America's new favorite pasttime

Kovaos
04.17.2013 , 09:42 AM | #1064
Quote: Originally Posted by painterwhit View Post
My point is this - bolster was FINE pre-2.0. You just had to learn HOW to be competitive. The only thing this new bolster is good for is the fact that I'll probably save a whole lot of creds not having to keep my toons in the best gear possible...crew skills get expensive
^QFT. Well said.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Arutar
04.17.2013 , 09:44 AM | #1065
So technically, maybe you did not do the actual lying yourself, but you did agree with a lie.
Err, no.

Please reread the part I quoted and agreed to. It says nothing about Makeb drops.

So technically, maybe you should be more careful before you wrongly accuse people of lying. Because otherwise, YOU are the liar. I mean technically, maybe...

EricMusco
04.17.2013 , 02:11 PM | #1066 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
One of the first things we want to address are concerns about how our change has affected players in WH and EWH in the open world. The simple explanation is that due to the way our itemization works, we had to make the choice that WH gear would either be good in open world (and not viable in Warzones) or viable in Warzones (but lacked Expertise in open world situations). We decided that since a large majority of the PvP that occurs in our game and the place where players worked to receive the gear is Warzones, that we would side with Warzones overall.

We completely understand that the desire from everyone would be that WH/EWH was viable in both open world PvP and Warzones, but unfortunately that just was not a possibility in this case.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pistols
04.17.2013 , 02:14 PM | #1067
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
One of the first things we want to address are concerns about how our change has affected players in WH and EWH in the open world. The simple explanation is that due to the way our itemization works, we had to make the choice that WH gear would either be good in open world (and not viable in Warzones) or viable in Warzones (but lacked Expertise in open world situations). We decided that since a large majority of the PvP that occurs in our game and the place where players worked to receive the gear is Warzones, that we would side with Warzones overall.

We completely understand that the desire from everyone would be that WH/EWH was viable in both open world PvP and Warzones, but unfortunately that just was not a possibility in this case.

-eric
Open World PvP wouldn't be so dead, if the developers wouldn't kick it in the groin so much.

At this point, I don't even see the reason to label servers as PvE or PvP.

The bolster change to 55 PvP is garbage; I don't see how running off players from the game is viable.

I know you're only the messenger here Eric, but the PvP atm is terrible, and I have no issues blaming it on that very bad development team.

madcappah
04.17.2013 , 02:15 PM | #1068

-eric
Unacceptable.
<Public Enemies>
Prophecy of the Five
Dauktor Rockzo (Vengeance) / Rolla (Advanced Prototype)
Rocksy (Deception) / Rocksanne (Marksman) / Rahky (Medic)

Aetideus
04.17.2013 , 02:22 PM | #1069

-eric
Look, I don't understand how all those issues did not occurred to you 2 months before and you had to roll that bolster out now.

grandmofftarkin
04.17.2013 , 02:26 PM | #1070

-eric

It sounds like your itemization system is broken then. So go fix that.

It seems strange that a choice had to be made to screw PvP armor sets for either WZ's or Open PvP. It sounded like the main problem that was trying to be solved was gimped PvErs' and newcomers in PvP. Why not just bolster those PvE armors to just below entry or low-mid level PvP armor? Why did the solution to the PvErs' issue require taking away something from PvPers?