Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lol bolster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dawginole
04.16.2013 , 03:44 PM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Boch View Post
If you think sitting around for countless hours playing a game is work, then you are in for a rude awakening when you grow up and get a real job.
You're a moron. I have two bachelors, three masters, a fantastic job and am working on my phd and that does not in the slightest take away from the fact that to acquire BiS gear in this game takes effort and is work.

Don't be a dick.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

SystemProcess
04.16.2013 , 03:46 PM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
You're a moron. I have two bachelors, three masters, a fantastic job and am working on my phd and that does not in the slightest take away from the fact that to acquire BiS gear in this game takes effort and is work.

Don't be a dick.
I think his point was more like... it's a game, it shouldn't be -considered- work. Right?
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

Boch
04.16.2013 , 03:46 PM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post

Don't be a dick.
No one cares. But if a game feels like work, find a new hobby.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

Pistols
04.16.2013 , 03:47 PM | #1014
No one cares.
You did obviously.

DarthAnvil
04.16.2013 , 03:49 PM | #1015
Every time you all "adjust" pvp gameplay, you **** it up. You've essentially rendered all the time and effort that those of us spent to obtain and optimize top level pvp gear a total waste, with your latest "fix" (removal of expertise). Who's to say you won't do the same thing with Partisan/Conqueror come future updates, again making the grind you currently intend for us to embark upon pointless in the end? Why don't you just leave **** alone? It's a wonder this game is still being played by anyone, especially pvpers, since you all clearly are intent on maintaining a predominant pve focus. How could you not foresee the imminent nonsense that would come with your grand idea of "bolster?" Thanks a lot for nothing but headache, which seems to be the only constant in each and every patch/update you all drop on us. Way to go.
Tasaad Istari, Tankassin
Conundrum Guild Master
Wookieepedia Administrator
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

TheGreatModi
04.16.2013 , 03:50 PM | #1016
Is it just me or is it kind of comical that the Devs are replying to a "lol bolster" thread and didnt take the time to make an "Official 2.0 pvp concerns" thread?
At the edge of defeat...

Brewkrew
04.16.2013 , 03:50 PM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAnvil View Post
Every time you all "adjust" pvp gameplay, you **** it up. You've essentially rendered all the time and effort that those of us spent to obtain and optimize top level pvp gear a total waste, with your latest "fix" (removal of expertise). Who's to say you won't do the same thing with Partisan/Conqueror come future updates, again making the grind you currently intend for us to embark upon pointless in the end? Why don't you just leave **** alone? It's a wonder this game is still being played by anyone, especially pvpers, since you all clearly are intent on maintaining a predominant pve focus. How could you not foresee the imminent nonsense that would come with your grand idea of "bolster?" Thanks a lot for nothing but headache, which seems to be the only constant in each and every patch/update you all drop on us. Way to go.
Getting Partisan is already pointless. I can take my armorings out of my EWH gear now and have better stats then with my full set of partisan gear on.

Twin
04.16.2013 , 03:53 PM | #1018
If you think sitting around for countless hours playing a game is work, then you are in for a rude awakening when you grow up and get a real job.
So I cant say "Im working towards getting my pvp gear" without you coming on telling me "its not your job"? You dont understand how that word can sometimes be used to describe hours spent on trying to achieve a goal, wether its a fun activity or not?

Yeah, he really needs to grow up for using that word to describe getting his gear.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Arkerus
04.16.2013 , 03:53 PM | #1019
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
You did obviously.
Saying "no one cares" does not imply that one does indeed care. That's a fallacy that needs to end.

Anyway...

I agree that EWH gear should be out dated by current gear. If you are whining and crying about having to gear up again, you are playing the wrong game. And NO ONE CARES if you have 7 bachelors, 12 masters, and a PHD in quantum physics. That's doesnt give you any credit here.

MMos are about the journey, not the goal. If they were about simply competing in the best gear then we would all be given the best gear, for free, when you log in. These games are about gearing up, the time, the energy, the fun that comes from PvP and PvE.

Every major expansion that introduces new gear will force you to gear up. Unless the game is a horizontal progression game or some other type of experience, that is how it works.

That's said, all gear should receive some nominal expertise value when in WZs. The gap between some expertise and zero expertise is too great to even be considered fair or competitive.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Pistols
04.16.2013 , 03:57 PM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Saying "no one cares" does not imply that one does indeed care. That's a fallacy that needs to end.
No one cares.