Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really Awful Performance/FPS on Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Really Awful Performance/FPS on Makeb

spectreclees
04.08.2013 , 11:49 PM | #1
Averaging 40-50 fps with shadows off on Makeb doing nothing. Otherwise, It's dipping to 30 fps and combat seems to be really sluggish. Is this going to be acceptable still?

Spoiler

Are my system specs..

I have my control panel for nvidia already set to performance and all of that.

spectreclees
04.09.2013 , 12:20 AM | #2
Setting my settings to VERY LOW does nothing to fix it.

spectreclees
04.09.2013 , 03:31 AM | #3
Bumping this for awareness.

Daynja
04.09.2013 , 03:31 AM | #4
Its awful. I have stopped playing because its too bad. Shadows seem to be the main culprit. Its only when i play on the "islands" of makeb. The main base where the crew skill trainers are is fine.

Im using a GTX 680 (314.22 driver)

Spoiler

uteki
04.09.2013 , 03:35 AM | #5
Same here. 10-15 in combat with low settings. On other planets it's >30-40 with medium-high.

DaKnuckles
04.09.2013 , 03:42 AM | #6
Went from 60-70fps on the highest settings before 2.0 now i'm lucky to get 20 and dipping into the 4-10 range. It's only in the new areas and I've tried switching from highest to lowest settings and no difference as well. Windows and my gfx card software are up to date.

Shevyk
04.09.2013 , 03:48 AM | #7
I'm not even going to bother posting my full computer specs. It runs just about any other game with max settings without any problems. On Makeb which seems to be a cool planet thus far, I'm experiencing performance as if I was in a crowded zone with a two year old computer system. I had to turn my settings down from Very High to High. I'll be danged if I'm going to turn it down to Medium on a three thousand dollar custom gaming computer. Any useful threads or official responses other than turning down the settings namely shadows?

deltadt
04.09.2013 , 04:15 AM | #8
this is why i decided to not preorder. id rather wait for the release and then you get the full picture.

spectreclees
04.09.2013 , 04:46 PM | #9
Bumping for more reports of this, I had a ton of people in Gen Chat last complaining about this.

Rogoo
04.09.2013 , 05:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Shevyk View Post
I'm not even going to bother posting my full computer specs. It runs just about any other game with max settings without any problems. On Makeb which seems to be a cool planet thus far, I'm experiencing performance as if I was in a crowded zone with a two year old computer system. I had to turn my settings down from Very High to High. I'll be danged if I'm going to turn it down to Medium on a three thousand dollar custom gaming computer. Any useful threads or official responses other than turning down the settings namely shadows?
You will not get any official response regarding the matter. It's the notoriously unpotmized mess of an engine that Bioware made out of Hero. Literally it's an engineer's laughing stock. Resource optimization is abysmall, and framerates are downright insulting.

Makeb is unplayble at the moment.

Sub cancelled.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.