Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic side in PVP

angel_dust
04.08.2013 , 04:33 PM | #1
Wow its freaking amazing how bad the Republic side is in pvp. They are 60% a lot worst then a month ago. I think im just going to start pvping as an imperial. Pvp'ing as an imp toon, I win 90% of warzones. As a pub I win 30-35%. I hope something changes in the new update for republic toons. Soon it will be like the old days in Darth Sion server. Imp vs Imp all day long.

dkoo
04.08.2013 , 04:50 PM | #2
I don't think that's the problem. You will get baddies on the imp side and rep side. If you have your own premade with the right group composition and skill level you will win 90% of your matches no matter how bad the pugs are.

Dko

angel_dust
04.08.2013 , 05:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dkoo View Post
I don't think that's the problem. You will get baddies on the imp side and rep side. If you have your own premade with the right group composition and skill level you will win 90% of your matches no matter how bad the pugs are.

Dko
I pug 90% of the time in pvp and I still win a lot more on the imp side then pub side. The imperials overall are much better players. They seem to know what they are doing and they work as a team. It seems all the hardcore-deticated players are on the imp side while on the pub side is the casuals, the ones with one hand on the keyboard and the other hand on the direct tv control trying to see whats on tv. They are just playing to get the 1 medal and the exp. Not to win.

MitchPB
04.08.2013 , 05:17 PM | #4
And complaining on the forums is gonna help how?
<BOG> | <Concept>
Elite Warlord | from Beyond | Dragonslayer | the Eternal Warrior | Gate Crasher | Dread Master

IAmViiOLENT
04.08.2013 , 05:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
And complaining on the forums is gonna help how?
because, being the best player on the server him simply calling for a change in the status quo will result in everyone realizing whats wrong and spending hours studying how to better play their class and swtor objective pvp in general. DUH

Zhaker
04.08.2013 , 06:46 PM | #6
I let my cousin play my Jedi Shadow 50,

She has some experience in MMO's and the first 10 times ended up in her screaming at me such as:

"Why are the Republic hitting Mid instead of Defending snow and grass" - in Civil War
"Why the **** did they not call inc UNTIL they died AGAIN" - in Void Star
"So we captured 2 pylons and we're still hitting mid, OMG *** BBQ!!!!!" - in Ancient Hypergate
"So we're holding mid when they're about to *********** score, ***!!!" - in Huttball
"I'm going to AFK this ***ing WZ cause they're just being retarded, seriously the healers here are too chicken **** to move up, the DPS are hiding behind the healers and we're being farmed AT THE START of the Battle, ***!?!?!?" - In Novare Coast.

I explained the reason why I dont bother too much on Republic because if you PuG you end up with really stupid ppl in Republic. And note these are Pug Vs Pug match where both sides had decent geared people.

EDIT: oh and she got 0-10 in 2 hours full of raging.

Then when she tried out my Sniper 50 she was complaining about:

"Why oh why are the Republic ganking this sniper when the Sith Assassin is capping in BROAD *********** DAYLIGHT, he just strolled in there and capped it meanwhile the ENTIRE team is trying to kill me but this healer is keeping me up."

EDIT: She won 3 games in a row. She died about an average 10 times with 300k damage taken....

So yea, I can see why the OP is complaining, I don't blame him/her/it though.

It was worst 10 hours ago because I noticed the Empire players swapped back and forth from Republic during the daily WZ. The times they swapped we won, the times they swapped back we lost... Not sure if we got an epidemic of Smoochies now but I thought it was odd and stupid....

MitchPB
04.08.2013 , 10:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
because, being the best player on the server him simply calling for a change in the status quo will result in everyone realizing whats wrong and spending hours studying how to better play their class and swtor objective pvp in general. DUH
Makes sense
<BOG> | <Concept>
Elite Warlord | from Beyond | Dragonslayer | the Eternal Warrior | Gate Crasher | Dread Master

PeteyLo
04.08.2013 , 11:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
I let my cousin play my Jedi Shadow 50,

She has some experience in MMO's and the first 10 times ended up in her screaming at me such as:

"Why are the Republic hitting Mid instead of Defending snow and grass" - in Civil War
"Why the **** did they not call inc UNTIL they died AGAIN" - in Void Star
"So we captured 2 pylons and we're still hitting mid, OMG *** BBQ!!!!!" - in Ancient Hypergate
"So we're holding mid when they're about to *********** score, ***!!!" - in Huttball
"I'm going to AFK this ***ing WZ cause they're just being retarded, seriously the healers here are too chicken **** to move up, the DPS are hiding behind the healers and we're being farmed AT THE START of the Battle, ***!?!?!?" - In Novare Coast.

I explained the reason why I dont bother too much on Republic because if you PuG you end up with really stupid ppl in Republic. And note these are Pug Vs Pug match where both sides had decent geared people.

EDIT: oh and she got 0-10 in 2 hours full of raging.

Then when she tried out my Sniper 50 she was complaining about:

"Why oh why are the Republic ganking this sniper when the Sith Assassin is capping in BROAD *********** DAYLIGHT, he just strolled in there and capped it meanwhile the ENTIRE team is trying to kill me but this healer is keeping me up."

EDIT: She won 3 games in a row. She died about an average 10 times with 300k damage taken....

So yea, I can see why the OP is complaining, I don't blame him/her/it though.

It was worst 10 hours ago because I noticed the Empire players swapped back and forth from Republic during the daily WZ. The times they swapped we won, the times they swapped back we lost... Not sure if we got an epidemic of Smoochies now but I thought it was odd and stupid....
Thanks for the long story I really enjoyed it.
"One Insanus to rule them all, one Insanus to find them, one Insanus to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."
F*** the free world. Long Live Bantle! Don't forget Smoochie, and have you seen Indianguy?

Kuvox_
04.09.2013 , 06:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by angel_dust View Post
It seems all the hardcore-deticated players are on the imp side while on the pub side is the casuals
But doesn't you going Imp side just to win and pugging most of your matches kind of make you, you know, one of these casuals? Like DKO said above, when I group up in a team of four I win at least 90% of my matches Pub side. Stop being a casual and do the same.

Also, I certainly understand why a number of Pubs went Imp side: for the past month or two there have been no Pub ranked teams. They wanted to do ranked and therefore went Imp. Makes perfect sense. However, I know of quite a few others who don't do ranked and went Imp side just to get carried by Ascendancy, Taun Tauns, etc. and pretend they're good in the residuum. It speaks volumes of their skill-level, or lack thereof.

I have always enjoyed playing the underdog side. It's why I now play only Imp-side on Jedi Covenant and Pub-side here and why I only played my Sorc on Drooga's when Pubs won most matches in the late summer. Having to overcome significant odds to win increases your skill level and makes the match more fun and challenging; being carried by PVP guilds does not.
Kuvox (Sage), Kuvx (Scoundrel), Kvox (Sentinel), EthelMerman (Vanguard)
Kvox (Sorc), Danshin (Operative), Kuv-ox (PowerTech)

Sowwy
04.09.2013 , 12:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuvox_ View Post
But doesn't you going Imp side just to win and pugging most of your matches kind of make you, you know, one of these casuals? Like DKO said above, when I group up in a team of four I win at least 90% of my matches Pub side. Stop being a casual and do the same.

Also, I certainly understand why a number of Pubs went Imp side: for the past month or two there have been no Pub ranked teams. They wanted to do ranked and therefore went Imp. Makes perfect sense. However, I know of quite a few others who don't do ranked and went Imp side just to get carried by Ascendancy, Taun Tauns, etc. and pretend they're good in the residuum. It speaks volumes of their skill-level, or lack thereof.

I have always enjoyed playing the underdog side. It's why I now play only Imp-side on Jedi Covenant and Pub-side here and why I only played my Sorc on Drooga's when Pubs won most matches in the late summer. Having to overcome significant odds to win increases your skill level and makes the match more fun and challenging; being carried by PVP guilds does not.

You have greater patience than I do. And to be clear, losing doesn't bother me as much as watching a tsunami of stupid crash over a match. If there's a concerted effort to win a game, count me in win or lose, but rep side too rarely even tries now. I can't blame people for switching sides.