Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Tank Gearing in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PVP Tank Gearing in 2.0

grallmate
04.26.2013 , 06:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Me and my Jugg friend did. Only 1 would proc when using DG abs plus arkanian def, but arkanian def and...a PvP abs (don't remember which) did.
Exactly what I thought. Defence and Absorb proc do share an ICD, however currently PvP and PvE similar proc relics do not share an ICD. I assume that is likely an oversight and will be patched at some point.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

TheRampage
04.26.2013 , 06:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Exactly what I thought. Defence and Absorb proc do share an ICD, however currently PvP and PvE similar proc relics do not share an ICD. I assume that is likely an oversight and will be patched at some point.
so, you saying conqeror with absorb and conqueror with def is no no, but if one of them is arkanian or underworld, than it is working?
Raph‚el - Vanguard
Nasargiel - Commando
Cŗstiel - Mercenary

grallmate
04.26.2013 , 09:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post
so, you saying conqeror with absorb and conqueror with def is no no, but if one of them is arkanian or underworld, than it is working?
It appears that currently, a Conqueror (or other PVP) and an Underworld (or other PVE) proc relic of the same type (ie Fortunate Redoubt & Shield Amplification or dual Serendipitous Assault) will stack with individual CDs. However, two Conqueror (or other PVP) or two Underworld (or other PvE) will not stack and will share an ICD.

As I said, this is likely an oversight and I would expect this to be patched shortly. If it is intended, that's awesome but I would wait and see before wasting all that effort unless you PvP and PvE heavily.

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar

TheRampage
04.27.2013 , 04:36 AM | #24
Thas is logical, but I wouldnt even use 2 with same effect, will use def/absorb for pvp, both conqeror.

edit: if I got you right, so confused
Raph‚el - Vanguard
Nasargiel - Commando
Cŗstiel - Mercenary

Khalhazar
04.27.2013 , 09:51 AM | #25
How does the tank vs. dps gear debate stand post 2.0? A lot of folks were expecting the shield changes to make tank gear more valuable, but the scaling reductions that brought down our defensive stats throw a wrench into the works.

There are a lot of things that ought to scale with tank stats. Taunt, guard, saber reflect. But that's a whine for the next expansion. :-)
Semah Valerian <Some Sith and a Spy> | Juggernaut | Begeren Colony

steave
04.27.2013 , 11:40 AM | #26
Thas is logical, but I wouldnt even use 2 with same effect, will use def/absorb for pvp, both conqeror.

edit: if I got you right, so confused
You didn't.
2 proc relics, regardless of if it's 1 absorb and 1 def, 2 def or 2 absorb, will share an ICD if they're both PVP or if they're both PVE - only if 1 is PVP and 1 is PVE both will proc.

TheRampage
04.27.2013 , 01:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
You didn't.
2 proc relics, regardless of if it's 1 absorb and 1 def, 2 def or 2 absorb, will share an ICD if they're both PVP or if they're both PVP - only if 1 is PVP and 1 is PVE both will proc.
Yes, was afraid that was the case. But, I've seen some tanks running around with partisian proc and conqueror proc, def and absorb and tanks I consider to know what are they doing? Are they wrong then?

So, for pvp is pointless since pve one wont process, but for pve is useful until they fix it.
Raph‚el - Vanguard
Nasargiel - Commando
Cŗstiel - Mercenary

grallmate
04.28.2013 , 03:49 PM | #28
Yes, was afraid that was the case. But, I've seen some tanks running around with partisian proc and conqueror proc, def and absorb and tanks I consider to know what are they doing? Are they wrong then?

So, for pvp is pointless since pve one wont process, but for pve is useful until they fix it.
I was sitting on fleet next to a Sage spamming heals and saw he had a double Serendipitous Assault proc and when I inspected him he was using a Partisan and a Conqueror relic. It appears that the bug is on the PvP side of things and at present, other double PvP proc relics may stack.

As has been said already though, this is likely a bug and I would be surprised if it wasn't fixed in an upcoming patch. If you want to blow comms on the combo until then, go for it but if it does end up being patched I hope people don't come complaining about it.

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar

TheRampage
04.28.2013 , 04:03 PM | #29
Yes, my toughts excatly, if it fixes then I have a def relic that is pretty much useless for me, il rather use old EWH with shield. Will see what happens this tuesday to see did anything changed.
Raph‚el - Vanguard
Nasargiel - Commando
Cŗstiel - Mercenary

NotoriousJay
04.30.2013 , 04:41 PM | #30
Are these still the ideal stats for PvP? I'm curious as to whether or not these have changed along with the PvE stats.