Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help us save swtor ?!?

ZETA_SCORPII
08.03.2013 , 10:53 PM | #21
I would like Destiny to be here now. That's all.

TheInferiorSquid
08.04.2013 , 12:48 PM | #22
All I care about is them fixing the glitches. Also, the game is doing fine. We don't have to save it.

MSchuyler
08.04.2013 , 02:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LocoPack View Post
I find it interesting instead of adding to any of the suggestions made in Sirdraxon's post, most everybody would rather bash him for making some suggestion he and I am guessing others would like to see. There is nothing constructive about most of the replies. I am guessing he was trying to start a thread to allow others to voice their opinions for improvement as a Community, but instead you would rather trash his suggestions.
Whenever you have extensive "suggestion" posts like this I think it is fair to assess the overall thrust of those suggestions and how they are presented. If you actually read the suggestions, they amount to a complete overhaul of the game and its mechanics. Amongst his many suggestions this guy wants nine new planets. In other words, he would like to re-design the game according to his specifications while suggesting that everyone must want these changes.

Presumably his several new planets are to have content on them, as well as houses and guild halls, so how realistic do you think these suggestions are? How much do you think they would cost? And how well received do you think these changes would be?

1. First of all, these changes would cost millions of dollars. It sounds like he wants to double the size of the game. Not a bad idea to expand the game, but how realistic is this? Especially "ASAP!!" which is how fast he wants nine new planets. And the thing is, it's just "nine new planets." That's a generic enough request as to be largely useless.

2. How do you feel about the constant use of "WE" as if he is speaking for all the players. He may well be speaking for his guild, but I think assuming we all agree with these changes is completely over-stepping his bounds.

3. His number 5 suggestion doesn't even make sense.

4. He appears to want Star Wars Galaxies content to be placed here. What kind of problems do you foresee taking content from one game and sticking them in here? Do you think any cease and desist letters might arrive?

5. Nearly half his changes involve PvP. Given the PvE orientation of the game, do you think this will help "SAVE SWTOR!"?

6. What's with all these CAPS?

Now surely this guy has a positive outlook, doesn't he? I mean, he's not whining or griping. His proposed changes are listed in a positive way and that should be acknowledged. He's not rage quitting or anything close.

It's just that the scale of his proposed changes is so great that it is unrealistic to think most of this will or should even happen. He's basically suggesting a whole new game based on his ideas of what the game should look like. Yet several hundred people have already weighed in on these issues, and apparently spent hundreds of millions to do it. So if you were a developer working under a budget for FY 2014 and wondering just how to allocate priorities between bug fixes, new content, etc., and someone came to you and said,

"I want nine new planets ASAP!" How would you react?

Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm a troll for pointing this out.