Help us save swtor ?!?

Sirdraxon

LET US HELP TELL YOU THE COMPANY WHAT WE WANT from OUR GAME. Its been my pleasure to SHARE THIS WITH YOU:)

PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS TO Star Wars The Old Republic so that it may GIVE US ALL A BETTER GAMING EXPERIENCE. AS FANS/PLAYERS WE WISH TO SEE THIS IMPLEMENTED IN SOME WAY, SHAPE OR FORM:

1. PVP SPACE BATTLES for us SOLO, DUAL, MULTIPLAYERs in SHIP at certain STATIONS ie. TURRETS and other GUNS.

2. PVP CREW ON SHIPS ABLE TO REPAIR DAMAGED SYSTEMS FROM SPACE BATTLES GOING ON REALTIME

3. PLEASE ALLOW PLAYERS to DUEL MORE THEN ONE PERSON - So we are able to train our skills in guild, group environments and allow for 1 on 2 player duels. It would be fun to duel me versus 2 or 3 other players in my guild or group. ( See who top dog really is)

4. WARZONE <REAL TIME> shoot'em up BATTLES for flags or territory - Have a certain side of a planet where the warzones were real time, no icon cool downs or timers except a time for the match. Where much like STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT when i swung my lightsaber or shot my gun it worked right then and there. I could throw my grenade anytime i had another one in my pocket (STARWARS CALL OF DUTY) you following us?? 1st/3rd person view.

5. REPAIR DROIDS n COMPANIONS - Both the repair droid and the companion if dropped by a player should allow for profit of repairs of whats been bought by others. And ALLOW MY CRAFTED ITEMS for SALE on MY REPAIR DROID n COMPANIONS with COMMISION on MY DROIDS.

6. It would be GREAT to be able to change our NAME, CHANGE OUR HAIRSTYLES and SUCH as well.

7. SPEEDERS and TRANSPORT should allow for 2-8 people at a time, so we could take our loved one, friend, or group to wherever we're going. We always have that guy who gets lost < :eek: >

8. THE PLANETS of Star Wars Galaxies be IMPLEMENTED ASAP!!! Lok, Naboo, Yavin, Dantooine, Dathamir, Rori, Talus, KashyyyK, and Mustafar

9. PLAYER HOUSES / SHOPS as well as GUILD HALLS where our trophys could be displayed, our ENTIRE HOUSE, SHOP, or GUILD HALL could be decorated with same mechanics as Star Wars Galaxies. Every item could be placed anywhere anytime!! Permissions for only certain guildies/players.

THOSE ARE ALL THINGS WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE!! PLEASE MAKE THAT HAPPEN and then talk to some of us again and we'll give ya the rest of the picture:cool: Theres a bright future for SWTOR let us help??

Sincerely,

SIRDRAXON

Guild Leader

[ P.U.N.K ]

PLEASE SHARE / DIGITALLY SIGN THIS by TYPING the WORDS as a REPLY = I DO WANT THIS!!

IF YOU DONT AGREE with anything i've written please feel free to knock this letter as im sure some will or if you have nothing nice to say dont comment at all :D Thank You for your time and paitence, and SUPPORTING OLD IDEAS and MAKING THEM NEW, with alittle SWTOR TWIST!!

Edited by Sirdraxon
grammar

1. PVP SPACE BATTLES for us SOLO, DUAL, MULTIPLAYERs in SHIP at certain STATIONS ie. TURRETS and other GUNS.

Been done to death, but a few wouldn't hurt as flashpoints.

2. PVP CREW ON SHIPS ABLE TO REPAIR DAMAGED SYSTEMS FROM SPACE BATTLES GOING ON REALTIME

God no, this wouldn't be fun, seen this done in other games, it was horrible.

3. PLEASE ALLOW PLAYERS to DUEL MORE THEN ONE PERSON - So we are able to train our skills in guild, group environments and allow for 1 on 2 player duels. It would be fun to duel me versus 2 or 3 other players in my guild or group. ( See who top dog really is)

might be fun.

4. WARZONE <REAL TIME> shoot'em up BATTLES for flags or territory - Have a certain side of a planet where the warzones were real time, no icon cool downs or timers except a time for the match. Where much like STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT when i swung my lightsaber or shot my gun it worked right then and there. I could throw my grenade anytime i had another one in my pocket (STARWARS CALL OF DUTY) you following us?? 1st/3rd person view.

This is in the game, has been from the start, have you played the PVP from the fleet?

5. REPAIR DROIDS n COMPANIONS - Both the repair droid and the companion if dropped by a player should allow for profit of repairs of whats been bought by others. And ALLOW MY CRAFTED ITEMS for SALE on MY REPAIR DROID n COMPANIONS with COMMISION on MY DROIDS.

Repairs are cheap, so people just use vendors, and ust the GTN to sell stuff.

6. It would be GREAT to be able to change our NAME, CHANGE OUR HAIRSTYLES and SUCH as well.

Barbershop is on it's way, as multiple threads have said.

7. SPEEDERS and TRANSPORT should allow for 2-8 people at a time, so we could take our loved one, friend, or group to wherever we're going. We always have that guy who gets lost < :eek: >

good idea.

8. THE PLANETS of Star Wars Galaxies be IMPLEMENTED ASAP!!! Lok, Naboo, Yavin, Dantooine, Dathamir, Rori, Talus, KashyyyK, and Mustafar

No, this isn't SW Galaxies, if you have a legitimate reason for each one then suggest them, but not a blanket pass for planets from another game in another era.

9. PLAYER HOUSES / SHOPS as well as GUILD HALLS where our trophys could be displayed, our ENTIRE HOUSE, SHOP, or GUILD HALL could be decorated with same mechanics as Star Wars Galaxies. Every item could be placed anywhere anytime!! Permissions for only certain guildies/players.

not everybody wants houses, very few want shops with the GTN so readily available, but Guild halls/ships have been suggested before.

THOSE ARE ALL THINGS WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE!! PLEASE MAKE THAT HAPPEN and then talk to some of us again and we'll give ya the rest of the picture:cool: Theres a bright future for SWTOR let us help??

Sincerely,

SIRDRAXON

Guild Leader

[ P.U.N.K ]

PLEASE SHARE / DIGITALLY SIGN THIS by TYPING the WORDS as a REPLY = I DO WANT THIS!!

IF YOU DONT AGREE with anything i've written please feel free to knock this letter as im sure some will or if you have nothing nice to say dont comment at all :D Thank You for your time and paitence, and SUPPORTING OLD IDEAS and MAKING THEM NEW, with alittle SWTOR TWIST!!

I appreciate that your guild wants these, but sometimes a little criticism highlights flaws in ideas, also why would EA select one guild for feedback, or even guilds at all, apart from reading the forums they would send a mass survey via email, but Kudos on your enthusiasm

Edited by AlexDougherty

Ummm, did "we" elect a mouthpiece without my knowledge? Don't presume to speak for the community as a whole, dear. A majority of your "demands" are either already in the game or in development. Do your homework. Secondarily, this isn't SWG. SWG is dead and gone. It's a new day. Making this game an SWG mirror is absurd. Edited by mrsrachelm

You really should state this is what you want not what everyone wants. You don't speak for me. As someone has stated the devs are aware of what most people want as it has been sent to them in the suggestion forum or on posts when they ask the community what they want. Edited by ScarletBlaze

You really should state this is what you want not what everyone wants. You don't speak for me.

from what i see he did that, from what i can tell you have nothing to add so go troll someplace else.:rak_02:

or grow up and leave the butthurt issues for wow.

Edited by JediJonesJr

from what i see he did that, from what i can tell you have nothing to add so go troll someplace else.:rak_02:

or grow up and leave the butthurt issues for wow.

Oh really? You are the troll. I don't remember him asking me what I would like. There are things on his list I could care less about so when he says we he is not speaking for me.

I would so like to see a majority of the suggestions. Yes SWG is gone, but that does not mean that there are not those out there, like myself, that loved and would love to see elements from that game in this one. I saw no "so say we all" statements in his post. So I would refrain from making assumptions....cause we all know what they say about "assuming" things....

And just a thing I would like to see...being able to save gear sets and having a auto equip button. Would be fantastic, even if a bit lazy on my part :p

So basically what you're saying is that you want this game to be turned into SWG.

Hopefully you mean the original incarnation of SWG and not the No Game Experience Sony foisted on everyone.

Anyway, be more clear and accurate....this is what YOU want. You don't speak for everyone playing.

LET US HELP TELL YOU THE COMPANY WHAT WE WANT from OUR GAME. Its been my pleasure to SHARE THIS WITH YOU:)

PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS TO Star Wars The Old Republic so that it may GIVE US ALL A BETTER GAMING EXPERIENCE. AS FANS/PLAYERS WE WISH TO SEE THIS IMPLEMENTED IN SOME WAY, SHAPE OR FORM:

Sincerely,

SIRDRAXON

Guild Leader

[ P.U.N.K ]

I enjoy the game but I am ready to walk away from it over one simple reason.

Reason is the guild cap of 500 characters in a game where one members can have 22 characters. Our guild is 8 years old on 3rd May having founded in 2005 and despite guild management and removing inactive members on a weekly basis we are full. We have had to suspend any recruitment and as we never spam chat and only have official server forum post its not as if we add lots a week. We did an Alderan cron run the other day and as we always do, we asked in general chat if anyone wished to come along with us to get them as it doesn't hurt to help others out. One player enjoyed it so much he asked to join us but we had to tell him we arnt recruiting at the moment as we are full and that is not what our guild is about.

Our guild has about 170-200 active members which total around 1000 characters as we are on both factions on Red Eclipse. If the game cannot cater to us as a guild we are now looking at other mmorpgs that may be more guild friendly. Our kinship in Lotro has a cap of 5000 and no where near 22 characters allowed per server.

I got a response from Erik the community manager at Bioware that they are aware of the issue but have no plans to increase it so whilst I appreciated the PM it may be over for us in Tor if and when we can find a replacement game. where we can grow as a guild and not have hands tied behind our backs.

I enjoy the game but I am ready to walk away from it over one simple reason.

Reason is the guild cap of 500 characters in a game where one members can have 22 characters. Our guild is 8 years old on 3rd May having founded in 2005 and despite guild management and removing inactive members on a weekly basis we are full. We have had to suspend any recruitment and as we never spam chat and only have official server forum post its not as if we add lots a week. We did an Alderan cron run the other day and as we always do, we asked in general chat if anyone wished to come along with us to get them as it doesn't hurt to help others out. One player enjoyed it so much he asked to join us but we had to tell him we arnt recruiting at the moment as we are full and that is not what our guild is about.

Our guild has about 170-200 active members which total around 1000 characters as we are on both factions on Red Eclipse. If the game cannot cater to us as a guild we are now looking at other mmorpgs that may be more guild friendly. Our kinship in Lotro has a cap of 5000 and no where near 22 characters allowed per server.

I got a response from Erik the community manager at Bioware that they are aware of the issue but have no plans to increase it so whilst I appreciated the PM it may be over for us in Tor if and when we can find a replacement game. where we can grow as a guild and not have hands tied behind our backs.

Remove guild members who are inactive for six weeks or more, obviously warn people first, and see if that brings your numbers down, if not start a new guild, a new guild would have no static members and you could recruit.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Remove guild members who are not active for six weeks, obviously warn people first, and see if that brings your numbers down, if not start a new guild, a new guild would have no static members and you could recruit.

We already remove inactive members after a certain time of inactivity. Guild has been going since 2005 and we have always had guild management in place. Players retain their forum access though so if and when they return they can easily be re-added.

Issue is 500 characters per server when 1 player can have 22 characters. the guild is already split between factions and whilst we use teamspeak to talk and most have alts on either side, and we do a lot of things together ie datacron runs on worlds where 4/5 of the crons are in the same location we have no intention of splitting the guild even further by having other guilds for alts etc. A change to 500 accounts or 500 Legacy names be better not characters.

We have been here since early access and lots of members now have multiple characters for all class's and we have always believed in helping new players to game but with us being full there will be a time where we will all be 50+ with little in the way of lower level content and that's not what we are about.

How hard can it be for bioware to add a 0 next to 500 in the programming for guild cap numbers. Its what Lotro did when they too had issues with low caps.

The 5% xp increase for being in a guild is a nice touch but the wrong priority for so called "guild love" they mentioned last year.

I really do hope its sorted as we enjoy the game but if we feel we cannot progress in a game due to restrictions like this then that game is not for us sadly. There probably wont be many guilds in the same boat and if we left for pastures new it wouldn't have any effect really for bioware as only talking about 200+ subscriptions with some being f2p and some choosing to remain here but Bioware should see guilds as an asset to the game, as we take in new players, help them learn they game, give them weekly content and they stay happy, keep paying their subscriptions to bioware but sadly I don't think they have grasped this yet.

I myself will probably stay for another month to see if any movement on this issue after speaking to Erik but if not I will probably start looking around for a more guild friendly mmorpg (if there are any) and cancel sub here but that's just my own feelings and opinions on the matter.

• 3 months later...

I find it interesting instead of adding to any of the suggestions made in Sirdraxon's post, most everybody would rather bash him for making some suggestion he and I am guessing others would like to see. There is nothing constructive about most of the replies. I am guessing he was trying to start a thread to allow others to voice their opinions for improvement as a Community, but instead you would rather trash his suggestions.

This is one of the main reason I don't visit the forums here. Too many Trolls and bashing instead of conversations. I am not saying you have to agree with everything he said, but you could have added your thoughts instead. Never know making suggestions never hurt, you never know when they may spark an idea or an improvement we can all enjoy.

I am not a PVPer but some of the suggestions made by him I thought would be pretty cool. If they have been done before and didn't work, maybe they were done poorly and can be improved upon.

Thanks to all of you Trolls who add nothing to the game, and those who for some reason like to come in here and talk about why the hate the game and are going to quit. I say quit already and don't come back into the forums to give your crappy opinions cause I for one don't want to hear them.

Play and enjoy...

I find it interesting instead of adding to any of the suggestions made in Sirdraxon's post, most everybody would rather bash him for making some suggestion he and I am guessing others would like to see. There is nothing constructive about most of the replies. I am guessing he was trying to start a thread to allow others to voice their opinions for improvement as a Community, but instead you would rather trash his suggestions.

Whenever you have extensive "suggestion" posts like this I think it is fair to assess the overall thrust of those suggestions and how they are presented. If you actually read the suggestions, they amount to a complete overhaul of the game and its mechanics. Amongst his many suggestions this guy wants nine new planets. In other words, he would like to re-design the game according to his specifications while suggesting that everyone must want these changes.

Presumably his several new planets are to have content on them, as well as houses and guild halls, so how realistic do you think these suggestions are? How much do you think they would cost? And how well received do you think these changes would be?

1. First of all, these changes would cost millions of dollars. It sounds like he wants to double the size of the game. Not a bad idea to expand the game, but how realistic is this? Especially "ASAP!!" which is how fast he wants nine new planets. And the thing is, it's just "nine new planets." That's a generic enough request as to be largely useless.

2. How do you feel about the constant use of "WE" as if he is speaking for all the players. He may well be speaking for his guild, but I think assuming we all agree with these changes is completely over-stepping his bounds.

3. His number 5 suggestion doesn't even make sense.

4. He appears to want Star Wars Galaxies content to be placed here. What kind of problems do you foresee taking content from one game and sticking them in here? Do you think any cease and desist letters might arrive?

5. Nearly half his changes involve PvP. Given the PvE orientation of the game, do you think this will help "SAVE SWTOR!"?

6. What's with all these CAPS?

Now surely this guy has a positive outlook, doesn't he? I mean, he's not whining or griping. His proposed changes are listed in a positive way and that should be acknowledged. He's not rage quitting or anything close.

It's just that the scale of his proposed changes is so great that it is unrealistic to think most of this will or should even happen. He's basically suggesting a whole new game based on his ideas of what the game should look like. Yet several hundred people have already weighed in on these issues, and apparently spent hundreds of millions to do it. So if you were a developer working under a budget for FY 2014 and wondering just how to allocate priorities between bug fixes, new content, etc., and someone came to you and said,

"I want nine new planets ASAP!" How would you react?

Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm a troll for pointing this out.