Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Spoiler] Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
[Spoiler] Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if..

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
04.10.2013 , 12:18 PM | #21
This is irrelevant now: Rise of the Hutt Cartel confirms the Emperor is for all intents and purposes dead and not coming back. Playing through with a Sith warrior, I found that the emails I got at the end of the story were basically retconned. The Jedi Knight ended his threat. The Sith Warrior's title is ceremonial as per Makeb NPCs

Zardac_the_Great's Avatar


Zardac_the_Great
04.10.2013 , 12:37 PM | #22
Thanaton told the Dark Council about the Children of the Emperor, but I remember nothing about him telling them about eating the galaxy.

And I would think the Sith would be more about Power Metal than Alternative Rock. And the Jedi would probably do disco or something.

daybreak_runner's Avatar


daybreak_runner
05.07.2013 , 06:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
Thanaton told the Dark Council about the Children of the Emperor, but I remember nothing about him telling them about eating the galaxy.

And I would think the Sith would be more about Power Metal than Alternative Rock. And the Jedi would probably do disco or something.
Now you've given me the image of Bruno Mars, Jedi Knight, against the Fall Out Boys of the Sith. Thanks so much.

ZirusZero's Avatar


ZirusZero
05.08.2013 , 06:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
All the dark council members know what the emperor is planning to do thanaton told them in exchange for the darth title.

Imperial Agent spoilers

Spoiler
...except it was like waiting for the button to be pushed with nothing happening.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Darkondo's Avatar


Darkondo
06.10.2013 , 08:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
This is irrelevant now: Rise of the Hutt Cartel confirms the Emperor is for all intents and purposes dead and not coming back. Playing through with a Sith warrior, I found that the emails I got at the end of the story were basically retconned. The Jedi Knight ended his threat. The Sith Warrior's title is ceremonial as per Makeb NPCs
Not quite, the sith warrior has the option to tell Marr that the Emperor's hand has confirmed with him that the Emperor is dead in body (Voice) but not in spirit and that he will return when he has recovered his strength.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
06.11.2013 , 02:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
All the dark council members know what the emperor is planning to do thanaton told them in exchange for the darth title.

Imperial Agent spoilers

Spoiler
Thanaton told them about the Children Of The Emperor, NOT the Emperor's plan concerning the destruction of all life in the Galaxy. Also...
Spoiler


Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
Not quite, the sith warrior has the option to tell Marr that the Emperor's hand has confirmed with him that the Emperor is dead in body (Voice) but not in spirit and that he will return when he has recovered his strength.
And yet again misinformation prevails, as Darkondo had the chance to rectify... It would be really freaking awesome if people played most of the storylines in the game, instead of spewing random BS, concerning the fate of some characters, without knowing all the facts.

When the Emperor eventually returns and becomes a boss in an operation or something, I'll expect everyone who was silly enough to think that Bioware would throw away such character, to bow and ask forgiveness a 1000x, especially since it only goes to show they're clueless when it comes to writing.

Alavastre's Avatar


Alavastre
06.13.2013 , 09:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
And yet again misinformation prevails, as Darkondo had the chance to rectify... It would be really freaking awesome if people played most of the storylines in the game, instead of spewing random BS, concerning the fate of some characters, without knowing all the facts.

When the Emperor eventually returns and becomes a boss in an operation or something, I'll expect everyone who was silly enough to think that Bioware would throw away such character, to bow and ask forgiveness a 1000x, especially since it only goes to show they're clueless when it comes to writing.
It sounded like Darkondo played the Sith Warior story. If not, then he/she should. It lays out where the Emperor has been, and what has happened to him. As I remember it, the Emperor does have a body, but he takes over other bodies to prevent his death.
He must be alive, much like Revan was kept alive. That is speculation. Either way, the Emperor is returning, if BW decides to make that expansion.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

DarthAeonis's Avatar


DarthAeonis
06.13.2013 , 02:55 PM | #28
this is a complicated subject. altho its tru not really anyone knows his plan as stated its possible he may alter his plans later. I mean he doesn't really gain much destroying the galaxy.... and im sure his hand knows of his goals as they are connected to him. now idk bout the wrath.... it would be interesting him takin down the emperor eventually and claiming the throne for himself but it would also be cool him being a loyal servant and the emperor realizing perhaps killing all life isn't the smartest of plans. the game is definitely set up for either outcome. as the wrath we are literally one step away from being emperor. but we don't have a powerbase yet so I doubt any of this will occur any time soon.
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."

Girdeux's Avatar


Girdeux
06.13.2013 , 09:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAeonis View Post
this is a complicated subject. altho its tru not really anyone knows his plan as stated its possible he may alter his plans later. I mean he doesn't really gain much destroying the galaxy.... and im sure his hand knows of his goals as they are connected to him. now idk bout the wrath.... it would be interesting him takin down the emperor eventually and claiming the throne for himself but it would also be cool him being a loyal servant and the emperor realizing perhaps killing all life isn't the smartest of plans. the game is definitely set up for either outcome. as the wrath we are literally one step away from being emperor. but we don't have a powerbase yet so I doubt any of this will occur any time soon.
His plan makes perfect sense. Seriously, did you even pay attention to the storyline?

DarthAeonis's Avatar


DarthAeonis
06.13.2013 , 10:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
His plan makes perfect sense. Seriously, did you even pay attention to the storyline?
I speak from imperial perspective as to why they follow him.
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."