Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Spoiler] Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
[Spoiler] Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if..

Onyxus
04.07.2013 , 07:38 PM | #1
Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if he intends to consume all living things in the galaxy? This obviously includes the Empire, so why do they aid him?

Just realized I should of put this in Story and Lore....

WillCaedes
04.07.2013 , 07:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Onyxus View Post
Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if he intends to consume all living things in the galaxy? This obviously includes the Empire, so why do they aid him?

Just realized I should of put this in Story and Lore....
Cuz he's a da freakin Pope ya know? Wait...wait...I sense something terribly wrong with this statement...hmm.
Patch 2.7.1 - We're more concerned about getting the latest greatest Cartel Cash Market item out, then making sure our servers are adequately stable for gameplay. You might be lagging folks, but look! A Black varayactly and a reskinned armor coming soon!

LordRichardEW
04.07.2013 , 07:53 PM | #3
Because the majority of them do now know that this is what he wants. Also please at spoiler tags for this for any one that has not played the class whose story this is part of.

EATtheDEAD
04.07.2013 , 07:56 PM | #4
Because that is the biggest dick move you could make and the Empire loves being total *****.
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

nateslice
04.07.2013 , 08:48 PM | #5
It's because they don't know what he actually has planned.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

annabethchase
04.07.2013 , 09:32 PM | #6
I don't think anyone knows that's his plan, except us as readers
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Darth_Moonshadow
04.07.2013 , 10:17 PM | #7
The man throws lightning and chokes people with his MIND.

WHO THE [BLEEP] WANTS TO TELL HIM NO?
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Rafaman
04.08.2013 , 12:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nateslice View Post
It's because they don't know what he actually has planned.
A few crazy Sith know. The Knight story bears that out, but they are just as insane as the Emp.

Talk about dysfunctional.

nateslice
04.08.2013 , 01:23 AM | #9
The Jedi Knight is the only player character who gets to know about the Emperor's real plan. There's no hint of it in anyone else's story. If any Imperial players knew, there'd be no way they could continue to support the Emperor. Hence...
Spoiler

They do a good job of making the Empire seem worth fighting for, for the Imperial classes. But none of them could continue to support the Emperor if they knew his plans.

Simple answer to the question, they don't know. He doesn't tell anyone about it.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

Alec_Fortescue
04.08.2013 , 01:26 AM | #10
No sane Sith would follow the Emperor if they were aware of his plans. "Sane" is the keyword. Mind you, Emperor is a master of mind control of what you should be well-aware after playing Jedi Knight.

I bet Sith Warrior will be the one to strike Emperor down
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware