Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills For Powertech...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Crew Skills For Powertech...

MiichaaelP
04.07.2013 , 02:32 PM | #1
Hey all,

I've just made my bounty hunter a Powertech. This is the first time I've played as tank/dps, usually use my sorc/sage and have much fun with them. Is a tanking role pretty good or should I just be dps? Also, what crew skills are best for Powertech?

Thanks!
Be One With The Force.

ellenbec
04.07.2013 , 03:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MiichaaelP View Post
Hey all,

I've just made my bounty hunter a Powertech. This is the first time I've played as tank/dps, usually use my sorc/sage and have much fun with them. Is a tanking role pretty good or should I just be dps? Also, what crew skills are best for Powertech?

Thanks!
Crew skills are arbitrary in the grand scheme of things. None give you a huge boost vs the rest. Armstech - make weapons that you can out level easy, barrels are easy to obtain. Armormech - make armor you can out level easy. Cybertech - mods, armoring, earpieces are all obtainable pretty much as you level. Biochem - reusable adrenals, medpacs, and stims are nice but mostly at level 50. Artifice and synthweaving are for force users majority.

If you have a lvl 50 char already, I would suggest going with 2 gathering crew skills and slicing. Take everything you gather up on the planets as you level and throw it up on the GTN to make money.

On the spec side: All three of the trees are perfectly fine for leveling with. Shield tech will kill much slower, but as long as you keep stacking endurance, shield, and absorb you will be able to burn down anything with enough time. AP and Pyro both are great dps specs, just play a bit different is all.
Khuri-PT

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."

Jossajus
04.08.2013 , 03:08 AM | #3
If you're looking to tank, be warned: It's the most difficult role to play effectively and you will be given a ton of grief if you mess up. You will need to research how to tank and it will not be easy to learn.

HOWEVER, imo it is the most fun to play once you have gotten good at it.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot this was a powertech thread. Forget about the difficult part.

Syas
04.08.2013 , 09:09 AM | #4
You will never regret taking Biochem.

That said, I am glad I have an Armormech 400. People are always down on the equipment skills, but it is super nice being able to just outfit a Companion for an Alt so I can sell drops and take commendations. When Armormech takes care of my Companion, all quest rewards are about bettering the character,
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke