Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing as Empire: Pointless since we know how it all ends?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Playing as Empire: Pointless since we know how it all ends?

Laiquelleion
12.13.2011 , 02:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRhaze View Post
Eventually some moisture farmer with a bowl cut is going to take us all down, is it really worth it to bother playing as the Empire?

Like many have been saying its all fiction and is just a way to experience an adventure.

With your resoning I could go like this. It has just been discovered that the planets/galaxies are actually distancing themselves from eachother quite fast. Meaning we will be all alone at some point in the future and it will be hard/impossible to travel to new places to live. That basically means that there is no way that our species will survive and hence I should just lay down and die ?.....

Dyvid
12.13.2011 , 02:16 PM | #22
Some parts of the Empire survived through the Galactic Republic:

Sith Empire

Galactic Republic

OverlordThor
12.13.2011 , 02:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
I do, and clearly you are trying to entice people to antagonize you and create issues.

*walks away and adds you to the ignore list*
No, My whole thing was obviously sarcastically making fun of the OP. I think its pretty damn obvious. Why would I even say why watch the prequels, there is no way you wouldnt watch them simply because you know he's going to do.

I dont think you know what sarcasm is if you think I'm trying to antagonize people who think they should play the game, even if the Sith lose

dracophoenix
12.13.2011 , 02:19 PM | #24
I find these kind of topics funny. It is like saying, "Why bother living or supporting my nation, we will eventually fall/be replaced like EVERY OTHER EMPIRE/GOVERNMENT in history."

There will always be some force empowered sand farmer, rebellious colonial upstarts, or god like horse riding armored conquerors to put a reign on an existing system. Better yet, they implode from the inside without external threat.

Empires usually follow a Bell Curve. They start out weak and focused on subsistence, bare necessities, and survival. They then grow in strength, building resources, becoming more efficient through technology or conquest. From there, the population usually becomes more affluent, good times are here! Then they become complacent, they begin to take less and less of a role in the way things are ran, they cede their rights over to a despot or elite. Begin to lose many of the advantages and increase in efficiencies due to corruption and lack of vigilance. Then, either an external foe or internal infighting usually puts them in the grave.

Look at the Greeks, the Romans, and all throughout history. Keep following the trails backwards through time.

OverlordThor
12.13.2011 , 02:21 PM | #25
Why bother living on earth. Our sun will just absorb earth eventually anyway?

I'm counting the days, only 4-7 billion years to go.

Wait, is that 8 billion years?

Why am I bothering being alive, lets organize a mass suicide cult, thats such a great idea....

Dont bother telling the guy who wants to ignore me that this was sarcasm.

Seriun
12.13.2011 , 02:40 PM | #26
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Diefenbaker
12.13.2011 , 03:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRhaze View Post
Eventually some moisture farmer with a bowl cut is going to take us all down, is it really worth it to bother playing as the Empire?

The game is roughly 3,600 years BBY. The Sith Empire is not the Galactic Empire.

Either lore fail or troll?

Quote: Originally Posted by OverlordThor View Post
Why bother living on earth. Our sun will just absorb earth eventually anyway?

I'm counting the days, only 4-7 billion years to go.

Wait, is that 8 billion years?

Why am I bothering being alive, lets organize a mass suicide cult, thats such a great idea....

Dont bother telling the guy who wants to ignore me that this was sarcasm.
I think it's 4 actually.

Why live at all? You will die anyway, no matter what you do!
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

This is a referral link. You want to click it. It has the droids you are looking for.

Snausage
12.13.2011 , 03:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Gestahlt View Post
The imperial symbol is almost the same as the Galactic Republic's symbol.
The "post-palpatine" Galactic Empire symbol is like the TOR Sith Empire symbol.
Plus the Rebel Alliance symbol is like the TOR Galactic Republic symbol.

But I'm sure everyone already noticed that.

Junry
12.13.2011 , 03:57 PM | #29
Heres the deal. The books written will not determine the outcome in game kiddies. What matters is the skill. Im gonna Bring the Hamemrstation online point it at your Sith planets and destroya ya..If there is anyone left me and my crew single handedly will destroy ya.

Corey Mitchel that goes for you.....Corey will be devastated everyday

May the force Be all Mine get your own.......
Junry Gunns Of SunRunner...The only Jedi Pimp...Gimme My money Twilek ******* You know I love you babie.

Canarith
12.13.2011 , 04:12 PM | #30
You are right, eventually the Republic wins. However......this game takes place some 3600 years before that happens. At this point in time, the Sith were beating the Republic badly. The Republic was forced to sign the Treaty of Coruscant.