Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing as Empire: Pointless since we know how it all ends?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Playing as Empire: Pointless since we know how it all ends?

_Corth_
12.19.2011 , 05:08 AM | #91
I hope to god someone already said it. The republic in this game IS the empire in the original trilogy. I'm not a lore nut by any means but this is a pretty basic one.
Corporal Corth
ALPHA COMPANY, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion
End of the beta mass suicide jump on Coruscant. 12/4/11. Darth Malak Never forget

Gurluas
12.19.2011 , 07:38 AM | #92
You know...Ever heard about parallel universes?

Things can go in a very different direction with player influences.

dlaselle
12.19.2011 , 10:10 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Valperion View Post
Did you forget what emperor Palpatine said to Anakin, after Mace Windu was killed.

"Once again, the SITH shall rule the Galaxy!"

Here is the clip from the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW1h4iKeMZ0
Better yet, Who is Emperor Palpatine. This is 3000 years before his birth.

ZenMorph
12.19.2011 , 11:24 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiramu View Post
The Imperials are actually quite interesting to play , I love the underside to the Empire that you see when you play an IA.
The Sith are just evil sons-of-*****es. But the actual normal people behind the Empire are really cool .

So, it is quite cool to play Empire if you want to see behind-the-scenes.
Nay, the Sith are not evil. That's just Jedi propaganda. The Sith master and manipulate the Force via their passion. The Jedi, on the other hand, prefer a Zen-like Stoicism. And just how were the Jedi before Palpatine rose to power? Aloof, arrogant, and apathetic.

So which is more evil: the suffering that results from unbridled passion, or the suffering that flourishes from outright apathy and conceit?

clintcasey
12.19.2011 , 12:55 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Valperion View Post
Did you forget what emperor Palpatine said to Anakin, after Mace Windu was killed.

"Once again, the SITH shall rule the Galaxy!"

Here is the clip from the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW1h4iKeMZ0
That quote is a good point.

Technically speaking, the Sith never actually ruled the Galaxy in any true shape or form prior to the Emperor. So maybe the Empire does win.
Al'den, Jedi Guardian, Level 50, The Bastion, 4/4 EC HM
Jindo, Mercinary, Level 50, The Swiftsure, 3/4 EC HM
Jiindo, Power Tech, Level 27, Squadron 367

ramitko
12.19.2011 , 02:57 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanoling View Post
Come on, after they blow up the second deathstar and kill the emperor and redeem Vader, do you really think the Empire will just keel over and die?

There's a gigant imperial machine and no shortage of would be leaders to take over where PappaPalpatine left off.
Thrawn anybody?
The Phoenicians / Dark Phoenicians [Begeron Colony] | Ray (Jedi Guardian) | Paragon (Sith Marauder)

Auxili
12.29.2011 , 04:31 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by _Corth_ View Post
I hope to god someone already said it. The republic in this game IS the empire in the original trilogy. I'm not a lore nut by any means but this is a pretty basic one.
dunno about that

ObiQuiYett
12.29.2011 , 09:53 AM | #98
Jolee: "Look, everybody always figures the time they live in is the most epic, most important age to end all ages. But tyrants and heroes rise and fall, and historians sort out the pieces."

Revan: "Are you saying what we're doing isn't important?"

Jolee: "Malak is a tyrant who should be stopped. If he conquers the galaxy, we're in for a couple of rough centuries. Eventually it'll come around again, but I'd rather not wait that long. So we do what we have to do and we try to stop the Sith. But don't start thinking this war, your war, is more important than any other war just because you're in it."

―Jolee Bindo and Revan on the Jedi Civil War
[/thread]

Gatran
12.29.2011 , 09:57 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRhaze View Post
Eventually some moisture farmer with a bowl cut is going to take us all down, is it really worth it to bother playing as the Empire?

If you use that logic then what is the point of playing as the Republic?? You know how that ends too....
◅▭∭∭∭∰∰⊑₪₪╣████████████████████████████████████)