Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

cartel coins purchasing problem

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
cartel coins purchasing problem

KillGriff
04.06.2013 , 04:07 AM | #1
I keep getting the following message when i try to buy coins but i was able to buy them last sunday and ive been able to pre-order the new expansion and a one month repeating sub

Quote:
This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow.

Has any one else experienced this problem?

TommyBoyTKE
04.06.2013 , 06:48 AM | #2
Had some problems originally buying my sub, but now getting this when trying to preorder the expansion. One poster in another thread suggested it might be a temporary block from the bank on the card used, but I called my bank and that is not the case.

ValkinKrang
04.06.2013 , 12:02 PM | #3
Search "NU2001" - after all the light that's been shined on this issue that BioWare / EA can't seem to fix, they simply removed the "NU2001" error code to keep people from googling it and seeing how f-'d up they are.

You're NU2001'd - contact support. Expect an hour on the phone, maybe more. And a good 2-3 weeks for your issue to get fixed, if it ever does. Don't hold your breath.

Best bet? Start looking at Gamestop, PayPal, or prepaid credit cards.

NovaLorraine
04.09.2013 , 07:38 AM | #4
From what I've discovered the problem is a security trap installed to prevent Cartel Coin misuse. However, it is catching virtually everyone and needs to be properly addressed by EA.
What I've found out is that if you make many small Cartel Coin purchases it will flag your account. However, I purchased some in mid-March and nothing since then other than spending some in-game on Legacy stuff. When I went to purchase more yesterday I got the "service unavailable for this account" message. Went through the same disaster that others are reporting with trying to call Customer Service to no avail.
EA should NOT be blocking legitimate use of Cartel Coins. If they can't fix this they need to seriously look at at their business plan because people will look for better options and go elsewhere.
I love the game, I really HATE this problem.

raikwolf
04.12.2013 , 08:08 PM | #5
Well I guess I have a similar problem..."We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card"
And I'm not able to buy anything from the webpage using the cc directly (using paypal works), thing is that I can't always use paypal and bioware/ea seems to do absolute nothing with this issue... :/
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"...I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

NovaLorraine
04.13.2013 , 08:35 AM | #6
Just an update, I was just able to purchase cartel coins through the store here. Amazing!!

However, another thing to do is go to Game Stop or Best Buy and get coins there (coupon printed on receipt). With Game Stop you have to download their app to your computer - as a computer security professional I would highly recommend that you uninstall the app after you get credit for your purchase. Both stores also offer a pet for your character.

Check out this excellent post for more instructions:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=617460

Unholysith
04.16.2013 , 05:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ValkinKrang View Post
Search "NU2001" - after all the light that's been shined on this issue that BioWare / EA can't seem to fix, they simply removed the "NU2001" error code to keep people from googling it and seeing how f-'d up they are.

You're NU2001'd - contact support. Expect an hour on the phone, maybe more. And a good 2-3 weeks for your issue to get fixed, if it ever does. Don't hold your breath.

Best bet? Start looking at Gamestop, PayPal, or prepaid credit cards.

pre paid do not work either have tried 3 different kinds in last 4 days same error This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow.