Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Choke not honoring resolve

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Choke not honoring resolve
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Totaltrash
04.05.2013 , 04:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey bsbrad,

I am trying to get a bit more information here before passing this on to the development team. It isn't an issue we are aware of and they would need a bit more info to fix it (if it is in fact broken).
  • Could you give a more detailed account of what was going on at the time?
  • Were you stunned/rooted/etc. while this was happening?
  • Give any other details about the specific incident if possible.
As someone else alluded to, if you have a video link of this happening, that would be perfect! I could just show them that and they can get the answers they need.

Thanks!
Where were you when this bug was first reported in January 2012?

It's rare, so it's doubtful a video of it exists.
But essentially it is as the OP describes it, Force Choke ignores resolve under certain conditions.

And this is where it gets tricky:
Back then, I tried to duplicate the bug by dueling a Mara friend. We couldn't.
It seems that Force Choke by itself is not the problem, but the interaction with other attacks, stuns or running affects might be the cause.

Just my 2 cents, hopefully the OP has some more detailed info for you.

Jayshames
04.05.2013 , 04:37 PM | #12
You should only be able to get stunned and rooted once per resolve bar, and resolve bar should NOT drain so quickly. Honestly this game gets so tiring when your chain stunned constantly. SWTOR has the worst stuns I've ever experienced in any MMO. Every other MMO I've played, stuns last like 2 seconds and are a 2 minute+ cooldown, purely used for a last ditch effort to turn the battle around. Not like SWTOR where stuns are basically an effective way to kill people.

Elear
04.05.2013 , 05:22 PM | #13
You don't really need video to "prove" it. Just linking combat log with whole situation could be enough info to try and pinpoint it. Obviously combat log is much easier to get faked, but assuming we're here to fix bug, not to send anyone on wild goose chase, it's irrelevant.

Wraiven
04.05.2013 , 05:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
You should only be able to get stunned and rooted once per resolve bar, and resolve bar should NOT drain so quickly. Honestly this game gets so tiring when your chain stunned constantly. SWTOR has the worst stuns I've ever experienced in any MMO. Every other MMO I've played, stuns last like 2 seconds and are a 2 minute+ cooldown, purely used for a last ditch effort to turn the battle around. Not like SWTOR where stuns are basically an effective way to kill people.
You obviously never played City of Heroes/Villains. This game is so minor compared to that one with the stuns, sleeps, roots, slows, confuses. After playing that game for so long, I welcome the more relaxing stun locks in this game.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

funkiestj
04.05.2013 , 06:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
You don't really need video to "prove" it. Just linking combat log with whole situation could be enough info to try and pinpoint it. Obviously combat log is much easier to get faked, but assuming we're here to fix bug, not to send anyone on wild goose chase, it's irrelevant.
good point. OP could turn off logging as soon as the bug occurs so we can look at the end of the log when we hunt for the bug rather than having to search high and low..

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

PoliteAssasin
04.05.2013 , 07:39 PM | #16
I've actually noticed this myself lately. It isn't just force choke though, its any stun.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Eurynamous
04.06.2013 , 03:24 AM | #17
Force Choke doesn't seem to obey a lot of things. Like perhaps, when a target is choked and in the middle of the channel, they land on the ground to pop off a few shots or take a few swings and then resume being choked.

Warrants some investigation, that's for damn sure.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

foxmob
04.06.2013 , 06:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Are you sure you are not just being rooted by one of them while another chokes you? You can still choke someone with full resolve, and it will apply all its effects (damage, build rage, stacks for smash) except the stun.
roots break on dmg. so that could not occur as choke does dmg.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Mookind
04.06.2013 , 06:39 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
roots break on dmg. so that could not occur as choke does dmg.
Roots in this game are the snares that don't stop you from using abils just stop movement. And they do not break on dmg. They can be purged however

And to the guy above you, guardian/warrior tanks have a talent that allows them to have a force choke with no channel, that is not a bug. Trust me if they can do that they aren't hitting hard.....

mrekxxx
04.06.2013 , 06:52 AM | #20
i would like to see system 1stun = full resolve bar for 30 secs at least ...