Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One time password not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
One time password not working

Idaho-D
04.05.2013 , 10:48 AM | #1
The One Time Password is not working and no new one is sent. Can't log in. Stuck at One Time Password.

BUG!!!!
Idaho, Duncan

DarthTHC
04.05.2013 , 11:00 AM | #2
I've uncovered 2 work-arounds to one-time passwords not being sent.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=619754

Unfortunately they require you to change the email address associated with your account.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Idaho-D
04.05.2013 , 11:19 AM | #3
I am getting the Passwords after about 5 to 10 minutes of waiting and they are not working. I copy and paste them into the field and they don't work. I am not changing my email, I am cancelling my subscription which renews in a week or two.

This is insane. Why is it taking over an hour now to get a freakin log-in done?
Idaho, Duncan

Fylimar
04.05.2013 , 11:25 AM | #4
I get a one time password every time, I log into the game - what is the problem? The line for the one time password is tehre instead of the normal security question (I'm from a german server, if this is important for this bug)

krty_cro
04.05.2013 , 11:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I've uncovered 2 work-arounds to one-time passwords not being sent.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=619754

Unfortunately they require you to change the email address associated with your account.
This guy did it first

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=619913
Tatoo Inn [ToFN]

PyrĎ / Pyr°Akhenaten
DecorusStoneface Pyr÷

Idaho-D
04.05.2013 , 11:35 AM | #6
Yeah, those one time passwords keep coming and not working. They are entered completely accurately, I checked in another file with ctrl+v paste command. All I can think of is that they are out of date when they arrive. They take 10 to 20 minutes to arrive and my email server is a major web news service provider. Other emails are arriving instantly after being sent. So that is the SWToR password service not working in a timely manner.

If you can't make this thing work in a sane manner, go back to the system that worked for 2 years. This is stupid.
Idaho, Duncan

Idaho-D
04.05.2013 , 11:45 AM | #7
Is there a way to force the game to update? The log in part at least? Or do I need to re-install everything? .................................................. ......... I found it.
Idaho, Duncan

DOlivaw
04.05.2013 , 01:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fylimar View Post
I get a one time password every time, I log into the game - what is the problem? The line for the one time password is tehre instead of the normal security question (I'm from a german server, if this is important for this bug)
I have the same problem. I think that happens because we dont have a static IP. So every time we log in, it seams that is a new PC!!!!! NICE???

Gunpowerman
04.06.2013 , 07:44 AM | #9
I am playing with friends in a guild, several people having same problem.
They have to add a one time password they received by mail, and none of the passwords are working.
Some people received 10 passwords already, and no luck so far.

Auribiel
04.06.2013 , 08:08 AM | #10
Be carefull, if you ask for a one time password more than one time, the first password will not be working, because a second one was already sent (and not in your inbox so far), if you keep on asking for one-time-passwords, every new password will negotiate the formerly send.

Hope you understand, what I mean. Happened to me before and is currently happening to a friend of mine.

BUT sometimes you have to ask for a password more than once, because it's taking lots of time for the first one to arrive and you won't know for sure, if any password has been sent. @_@