Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SIS Intel Report: Key locations overview of the planet Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SIS Intel Report: Key locations overview of the planet Makeb
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stumkrav
04.05.2013 , 04:10 AM | #41
WoW! New locations are great, and the report has been fine. Looking forward to stepping Makeb already!

BrianDavion
04.05.2013 , 05:30 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kynesis View Post
I honestly appreciate BW's work and efforts in bringing us TOR and Makeb. I'm quite disappointed by the architecture though. I'm sure there are time and resource constraints but it's still an important aspect of the game. I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be places that are... essentially simple or 'old fashioned' (not quite the words I'm trying to find).

Even just a casual perusal of architecture (any, not just modern, let-alone sci-fi) makes Makeb (and some other places in TOR) seem seriously uninspired. The fountain's nice of course, but on the whole it looks like 12th century France and absolutely not StarWars.

The lean-to's do add a touch of realism which is somewhat interesting and certainly underscores the idea that the setting is resource constrained but it might be taking the idea a little too far... current 3rd world countries use things like that and this world is supposed to be among the wealthiest, it's certainly written up as supposedly being a very wealthy world due almost entirely to one particular resource - not unlike say, Saudi Arabia.

Corellia in particular really comes to mind as well in this regard - the hub of wealthy living in the galaxy and it's choc full of enormous cubes of beige on beige with brown and grey hilights... that old horse though... well, it's not getting up again is it.
Theed on Naboo is an old city in Italy. Tatooine homesteds are actual places in Tunesia. etc. most of the sturcutres in SW more or less match up with real life architexture.

Djinn_
04.05.2013 , 05:46 AM | #43
Great that this came from characters adds to the immersion can't wait!

Phyreblade
04.05.2013 , 06:26 AM | #44
I love the way you presented the information! Now I'm getting excited.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel, Sawbones Scoundrel on the Shadowlands Server
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Apeth
04.05.2013 , 06:48 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
If the empire and republic can only land small strike forces due to the atmosphere how did the Hutts land such a large army so as to be able to take the planet?
Makebs rulers paid mercs as their army. Huts came along and paid them more.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

adamqd
04.05.2013 , 07:03 AM | #46
Nice report Theron! Really enjoy in universe updates

Looks beautiful, all the planets do, but wont we be stood on the fleet waiting for WZ's to pop within a week? I'd love to spend time on the actual planets, but will we have a reason to, and will anyone else join us?

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!

iamthehoyden
04.05.2013 , 08:26 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinapus View Post
Ah good. More lava for my characters to fall in.

As someone who is exceptionally skilled at falling off things, I had to giggle at this. Lava swimming, ftw!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Rafaman
04.05.2013 , 10:23 AM | #48
Heh.... now, time will crawl by until Tuesday's early access.

TalkingDinosaur
04.05.2013 , 11:36 AM | #49
RESOURCE: Field Agent Theron Shan
Theron Shan
SHAN

Those who romanced Kira Carsen know what this means.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Earley
04.05.2013 , 02:40 PM | #50
I'm very excited!