Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SIS Intel Report: Key locations overview of the planet Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SIS Intel Report: Key locations overview of the planet Makeb
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

idnewton
04.04.2013 , 06:56 PM | #21
I love the Stronghold 1 location. More lava areas = good!

PS: if that's stronghold 1, what's stronghold 2? o.O
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000

I'm beginning to realize that us champions of denial who've stuck around all this time are the true Knights of this Fallen Empire that is the SWTOR itself. Just as in the Eternal Empire, this game has fallen due pride, lack of direction, and all-around incompetence.

Subbed from Dec. 15th, 2011 to Jan. 23rd, 2016. Left the game due to BioWare's ignorance, arrogance, and apathy.

Kynesis
04.04.2013 , 07:05 PM | #22
I honestly appreciate BW's work and efforts in bringing us TOR and Makeb. I'm quite disappointed by the architecture though. I'm sure there are time and resource constraints but it's still an important aspect of the game. I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be places that are... essentially simple or 'old fashioned' (not quite the words I'm trying to find).

Even just a casual perusal of architecture (any, not just modern, let-alone sci-fi) makes Makeb (and some other places in TOR) seem seriously uninspired. The fountain's nice of course, but on the whole it looks like 12th century France and absolutely not StarWars.

The lean-to's do add a touch of realism which is somewhat interesting and certainly underscores the idea that the setting is resource constrained but it might be taking the idea a little too far... current 3rd world countries use things like that and this world is supposed to be among the wealthiest, it's certainly written up as supposedly being a very wealthy world due almost entirely to one particular resource - not unlike say, Saudi Arabia.

Corellia in particular really comes to mind as well in this regard - the hub of wealthy living in the galaxy and it's choc full of enormous cubes of beige on beige with brown and grey hilights... that old horse though... well, it's not getting up again is it.

idnewton
04.04.2013 , 07:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
This is way more entertaining then the Developer Update on the content. Please continue to do this in the future.
I like this but I like the dev update too. Do a mix of both!
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000

I'm beginning to realize that us champions of denial who've stuck around all this time are the true Knights of this Fallen Empire that is the SWTOR itself. Just as in the Eternal Empire, this game has fallen due pride, lack of direction, and all-around incompetence.

Subbed from Dec. 15th, 2011 to Jan. 23rd, 2016. Left the game due to BioWare's ignorance, arrogance, and apathy.

innerpride
04.04.2013 , 07:45 PM | #24
hopefully there will be a Imperial Intelligence report would love to see that
For The Empire!

Zevronian
04.04.2013 , 07:47 PM | #25
I am really hoping Theron has something to do with the story, I really liked him in the comic series. One of my favorite EU characters!
"The man, the myth, the...Jawa?"

chuixupu
04.04.2013 , 08:25 PM | #26
So far everything has been from the Republic perspective, where's the Imperial one?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Darth_Haderach
04.04.2013 , 09:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
So far everything has been from the Republic perspective, where's the Imperial one?
The Imperial perspective will be demonstrated directly when we start marching down through this ravaged world, have no doubt.
ALSO, WHERE IS THERON?

Aelrail
04.04.2013 , 09:17 PM | #28
Cool report!
Looking forward to see the planet in person on Tuesday.
Bounty Hunter Rakshak - Shield Tech - 55
Sith Warrior Jorxen - Carnage - 55
Imperial SoulTakers Guild - Jedi Covenant server (US East)
CE Owner

CaldaRaric
04.04.2013 , 09:25 PM | #29
Awesome report. Love how it's in-character, it really adds to the atmosphere. Awesome looking world too, it gets me excited to see more content.

Deadsanto
04.04.2013 , 09:32 PM | #30
Keep up the good work!
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"