Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fixing Your FPS: A Comprehensive Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Fixing Your FPS: A Comprehensive Guide
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Radzkie
06.18.2013 , 05:06 PM | #51
Thanks for this. Truly and honestly. I read through the whole thread, and some of these tweaks helped me out a bit. My laptop is pretty much a POS(and to think I use to like it!), and I've been running around with 40-30 fps in ops and such. With some of these tweaks I'm getting 50ish fps fairly-ish-sorta steady.

I do plan to upgrade or buy a new computer, but for now threads like this is all I got. So once again, thank you.
Radzkie (Seer) | Elím (Sawbones)
The Lovecraft Legacy
<Ascension>

tanktest
06.18.2013 , 05:20 PM | #52
I'm gonna add this , it does work I tested it in a OPS the other nite with it off in a OPS my fps dropped to 17 FPS from 40 FPS .

I know some might say it doesn't work but it did for ME .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Precision_Event_Timer

thespis
07.29.2013 , 09:43 AM | #53
All these changes to my computer did was make my FPS worse...

rawesomericky
08.12.2013 , 06:39 PM | #54
6. Adjust Game client Settings
This is a great tip from fellow SWTOR member OwenBrooks

"Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks
Vista/7: Click Start, type "%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings" (without quotes).
open the client_settings file

Insert/edit one of the options below , recommend 0.3371195 first up
FarClipScale = 0.1371195
FarClipScale = 0.3371195
FarClipScale = 0.5371195

Don't FORGET to SAVE your "client_settings.ini" after u add "FarClipScale".

After you've done that, close your "client_settings.ini" and right click on it - > Properties. On the bottom of Properties window you'll see a check box "Read-only". Check it! Now you should be ready to play!

Just remember to remove read only if you want to save any further settings"

What will this do?

Cretinus
08.13.2013 , 05:45 AM | #55
You might also want to try this. From all tweaks, it's the one that had the biggest impact on my system.
nerf operatives

LordMilitus
08.19.2013 , 01:36 PM | #56
First I followed Customer Supports guide, spending a god few hours doing it all.. Now I did all of this except for Step 2 as I didn't quite understand it, and guess what? It didn't improve a bit, and the launching of the game takes longer now.

Surely something is seriously wrong here? I have two videos to show.. One before I had the issue, and one after.. I didn't change PC, I didn't change anything, one day I just started lagging after I think Update 1.2

Why is it doing this?

I'll show you videos to compare..

Before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7RNhE0FUw (This was recorded with friends to see a game bug, the game ran PERFECTLY.) Seeing this video makes me miss the game extremely much.

After: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLPL6bxrmIc This is a warzone how it is for me now.. (The colours are because I just enabled a recording program, but they aren't normally like that. I had to use administrator rights, wait a few seconds and it'll be normal.)

How is this normal? /WHY/ is this happening to me? I haven't been able to play the game for months, whilst I have been paying.. Loading screens used to be done in a matter of seconds, it takes a minute or more now. Warzones are not playable. Why why why? I just spend an hour or two doing all these steps, using all these programs? WHY?!

Please, somebody.. Help me.

Liucius
08.21.2013 , 09:08 PM | #57
20.08.12 I`ve got worst problems with fps. I`ve been playing on High Graphic Settings without any troubles before, but suddenly fps got down since 40-50 to 1-15. After re-logging I`m playing 15-20 minutes normally and again. Restart, Reset, Update Drivers - nothing helped.

LordMilitus
08.22.2013 , 01:16 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Liucius View Post
20.08.12 I`ve got worst problems with fps. I`ve been playing on High Graphic Settings without any troubles before, but suddenly fps got down since 40-50 to 1-15. After re-logging I`m playing 15-20 minutes normally and again. Restart, Reset, Update Drivers - nothing helped.
The exact same problem as me, I'm at this stage unable to get it fixed, used this thread /AND/ what customer support send me. I'm dealing with Tech support over the phone now as a last resort. I'll keep you updated if they were able to help me.

Liucius
08.22.2013 , 03:16 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMilitus View Post
The exact same problem as me, I'm at this stage unable to get it fixed, used this thread /AND/ what customer support send me. I'm dealing with Tech support over the phone now as a last resort. I'll keep you updated if they were able to help me.
Thanks, mate! I`ll try to solve it too. Maybe re - install the game? Did you try it?

LordMilitus
08.22.2013 , 03:46 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Liucius View Post
Thanks, mate! I`ll try to solve it too. Maybe re - install the game? Did you try it?

I even reformatted my entire PC. I've worked months to try, look at a few posts up I made, the comparrison video-is that like yours?