Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So what's the secret?

djvapid
12.13.2011 , 01:15 PM | #1
I don't have any problems with the trickling method they're using to allow players into the game. Not a big deal. But why so hush hush as to their methodology? If a dev would be so kind as to at least give us some information to go on.

For example, you don't want to tell us certain specifics for one reason or another. But can you at least tell us where you're at as far as dates go?

I.E. We've allowed everyone in from date A through date B. The next wave will "roughly" have the following dates: etc.

Is that so terribly difficult? Which brings me to my question...what's the big secret? You have the information in front of you, you have a plan. Give us a vague estimate, at the very least.

Braiz
12.13.2011 , 01:16 PM | #2
It seems the more they tell us, the more people will find something to complain about.

Glowsticknation
12.13.2011 , 01:16 PM | #3
The secret is that victoria is really a man...

Also, if they don't make promises they can't break promises. not that i agree with that logic, but that is probably their mentality.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

JustTed
12.13.2011 , 01:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by djvapid View Post
Is that so terribly difficult?
You'll be in between now and the 19th, just as you were told.

Be patient. Is that so terribly difficult? Apparently.

BenjaminminU
12.13.2011 , 01:18 PM | #5
A good point, hopefully bioware will get around to it to shut up all the trolls on the forums. I really would like to know when i'll be getting in.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

djvapid
12.13.2011 , 01:21 PM | #6
Yeahhhh, I didn't really think about that. I guess that makes sense. It'll probably piss off more people than they got aggravated now if they started telling people specifics. Good point.

Zaelin
12.13.2011 , 01:21 PM | #7
I don't have any problems with the trickling method they're using to allow players into the game. Not a big deal. But why so hush hush as to their methodology? If a dev would be so kind as to at least give us some information to go on.

For example, you don't want to tell us certain specifics for one reason or another. But can you at least tell us where you're at as far as dates go?

I.E. We've allowed everyone in from date A through date B. The next wave will "roughly" have the following dates: etc.

Is that so terribly difficult? Which brings me to my question...what's the big secret? You have the information in front of you, you have a plan. Give us a vague estimate, at the very least.
Because once they say "Next wave is approx Jul 27-Aug 10" SOMEONE who pre-ordered and registered on Aug 10 will get left out because they were pre-order 5001 and what they REALLY meant was pre-orders 2501-5000. So they'll get all booty hurt and accuse BW of discrimination and hatred and lies etc. This way they have no marketing/PR to UNDO. Yes they may have an unruly crowd but no broken promises. Its easier to deal with that way, legally.

djvapid
12.13.2011 , 01:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JustTed View Post
You'll be in between now and the 19th, just as you were told.

Be patient. Is that so terribly difficult? Apparently.
Don't be a smart*****, obviously I wasn't raging. Take your trolling elsewhere, thanks. Nice attempt though, but it only works on the kids.

Alundo
12.13.2011 , 01:23 PM | #9
....Don't be a smart*****, obviously I wasn't raging.... it only works on the kids.
Looks like it worked on you pretty well.

djvapid
12.13.2011 , 01:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaelin View Post
Because once they say "Next wave is approx Jul 27-Aug 10" SOMEONE who pre-ordered and registered on Aug 10 will get left out because they were pre-order 5001 and what they REALLY meant was pre-orders 2501-5000. So they'll get all booty hurt and accuse BW of discrimination and hatred and lies etc. This way they have no marketing/PR to UNDO. Yes they may have an unruly crowd but no broken promises. Its easier to deal with that way, legally.
Absolutely agree, didn't really think about it. It was a shot in the dark, nonetheless. I /would/ be nice to know when to expect to get the email. I pre-ordered the first week but not the first day. Naturally, being a huge star wars fan, I'm chomping at the bit for my invite.