Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unremitting/Masterstrike

Ranautus
04.03.2013 , 09:01 PM | #1
I have not been wanting to make a big fuss about how this is working, but with the game being stun heavy, and the way unremitting is suppose to work I feel I have to try and say something on forum so Devs will hear, since you get no response from csr's in game anymore these days. Those guardians out there that play Vigilance spec will more than likely understand what Im talking about here. Unremitting is a skill that makes you invulnerable to stuns. slow, kbs and slows for 4 seconds. Masterstrike is our strongest ability and is a 3 second cast. With that being said with Unremitting coupled with Master strike, why is it that Master strike can be interrupted on its third strike while Unremitting is still up? I give the classes credit that are able to pull this off I really do. I have one sorc that I fight that uses his stun perfectly everytime (thank god for the chance of ms proccing from over head slash or plasma brand) If its working as suppose to then I understand, I just don't get how you give me unremitting, but before my 4 seconds is up Im able to be stunned. Might as well say its 3 seconds and leave it at that.
Qai'Segin - Guardian | Darlox - Shadow | Qaisegin - Juggernaut
Crescendo
The Harbinger

SheikShmoove
04.03.2013 , 09:13 PM | #2
When you Force Leap (triggering Unremitting), you then have a 1.5 s global cooldown before you can start Master Strike. By the time Unremitting wears off, there is at least 0.5 s left in Master Strike's channel -- thus leaving you vulnerable to a stun.

Ranautus
04.03.2013 , 11:44 PM | #3
Ah makes sense I forgot all about the GCD from the intial leap.
Qai'Segin - Guardian | Darlox - Shadow | Qaisegin - Juggernaut
Crescendo
The Harbinger

GregAlia
04.05.2013 , 05:55 PM | #4
That last strike usually lands unless there was some sort of delay in casting it because of weird positioning when you leap in.

Mordarion
04.07.2013 , 07:33 AM | #5
Just want to say how nice it is to come into a thread... see an honest question and an insightful answer.

Who knew the internet could actually work as intended .
THE RELENTLESS
- JEDI GUARDIAN | JEDI SHADOW -

- Guild Website -

Alec_Fortescue
04.07.2013 , 11:11 AM | #6
Bah, I wish we had a talent to root guys we are using Master Strike on. They're usually far and away before you reach the third strike. Either that or it gets interrupted. I rarely see third strike landed in PvP. Hence Focus is the only real viable way to go.

dufox
04.07.2013 , 11:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SheikShmoove View Post
When you Force Leap (triggering Unremitting), you then have a 1.5 s global cooldown before you can start Master Strike. By the time Unremitting wears off, there is at least 0.5 s left in Master Strike's channel -- thus leaving you vulnerable to a stun.
i have not tried it but from what i have been told alacrity will reduce master strikes channel time,

so theoretically all you would have to do is stack enough alacrity to reduce master strike by .5 seconds (iv been told you can shorten it to a 2 second channel)

if your pure vigilance then it would be worth losing all the power / str stats and stacking alacrity (granted i dont know the # of alacrity actually needed) considering the 3rd strike is basically your first 2 strikes combined + some and would pretty much never get interrupted.

absolutely worth looking into.

even if you shortened it by .3 seconds it would be enough to stop almost all of the interrupts.
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

Aelaias
04.07.2013 , 12:17 PM | #8
It's been widely discussed that alacrity in fact does not affect master strike and that stacking it on knight types is a grievous error.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

Draqsko
04.07.2013 , 03:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
It's been widely discussed that alacrity in fact does not affect master strike and that stacking it on knight types is a grievous error.
In 2.0 it will affect master strike however.. It still is not worth giving up the other stats for alacrity.

Aelaias
04.07.2013 , 04:03 PM | #10
I think I get it now, the particular discussion revolved around MS not benefitting from Ataru Zen alacrity bonus. That's something else which probably comes in the form of charges consumed on use of certain abilities as it is now.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47