Ultimate Leveling Bundle

ShawnAlan

I have a few questions before I buy this:

A: Does it apply to all characters. Do I get the consumables for all characters or just one?

B: The perks I get for all characters right? My main is level 24. Even if I am only legacy level 1?

C: How much of a boost does the extra 30%+25% really give? Is it like the regular EXP rate + 55% of the regular EXP rate on top of that?

A.) The Items that are given to you from the ULB are only available on whichever character opens the package. However you can mail them to any character within your legacy so long as the items in question do not "bind on pickup"

B.) The "perks" it refers to are the "advancement" perks that are available in the "Character Perks" section of your accounts legacy, which can be viewed from any character yes. However the Character Perks section of the Legacy by and large only has perks available to a single character in your legacy (i.e. the one who unlocked them in the first place). So no, you cannot use the perks that you get from the ultimate leveling bundle on all of your characters simultaneously, unless you buy one for each of your characters.

C.) A Major Experience Boost gives you a boost of 25% for 3 hours. The Perks will give you an additional 30% Experience Boost in each of the following categories: Warzones (PvP), Flashpoints, Space Missions, Class Missions (your main PvE storyline), and for Exploration (unlocking area's on the map). For a total of 55% bonus Experience in each of those area's.

If you are completely free to play, then it can be an amazing deal because:

A.) It automatically bumps you up to preferred status.

B.) It automatically negates the Experience Point Penalty for being a preferred member in all of the important in game categories for leveling up (the penalty is around a 25% reduction in the experience that you would have gained if you were a subscriber).

And C.) it gives you an additional 25% experience for 30 hours (a little under 2 days).

All of those factors combine to create an effect that when coupled with an event like a Double Experience Weekend will see whatever character you put these on to level 50 in a very short period of time.

Well I have always been preferred status. I bought the game on release and quit shortly after due to work at the time. I came back recently(about a week ago) after free to play launch.

A few days ago I subscribed. But today I was looking at the bundle. I was under the impression that the perks would unlock for all characters in legacy.

Is it a good boost still if your a subscriber? Also, is there double exp weekend this week?

Well I have always been preferred status. I bought the game on release and quit shortly after due to work at the time. I came back recently(about a week ago) after free to play launch.

A few days ago I subscribed. But today I was looking at the bundle. I was under the impression that the perks would unlock for all characters in legacy.

Is it a good boost still if your a subscriber? Also, is there double exp weekend this week?

Let's put it this way.

Under normal conditions, both Preferred and normal Free to Play players earn experience at approximately 75% the rate of a Subscriber. With this bundle a Preferred or Free to Play Player would be earning their experience in most area's of the game at roughly 105% of the normal rate (not counting the 10 major experience point boosts).

A subscriber on the other hand earns their experience in all area's of the game at 100% the normal rate right from the outset. So with this bundle they would in effect be earning their experience at a rate of 130% the normal rate.

Add in the Double Experience Weekend and a Preferred or Free to Play Player is earning their experience at a rate of 205% normal (as opposed to 175% normal (this figure may actually be 150%)), and a subscriber is earning experience at a rate of 230% of normal (as opposed to 200% normal).

Now if you include the Major Experience Point Boosts those figures increase by an additional 25%. So free to play and preferred players are earning XP at 130% normal for 30 hours under normal conditions, and at 230% for double XP. Meanwhile Subscribers are earning XP at 155% the normal rate under most conditions, and at 255% under double XP weekends.

So yes, these packs are just as good for subscribers as they are for preferred and free to play members. And yes, I believe there is a double XP weekend this weekend.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Well thanks for the info. I wasted 40$ on 5k cartel coins to get this. Hopefully I stay on this game this time.

Okay, A.) If you have a habit of quitting games frequently, don't spend 40+ dollars on a 1 time in game perk such as leveling assistance.

The only reason you should be wasting 40 bucks on this particular perk, is if you know you plan on sticking with this game long term, want to get a character to level 50 ASAP, and have the money to spend on it.

Well I don't quit frequently. Only reason I made that comment is because last time I bought this game on release, I ended up not sticking with it because I was workng graveyard at the time and during the day I was far too tired to be in the mood to play. This time should be different!

Anyways, any chance the exp weekend starts early? Today perhaps! Some game publishes do EXP weekends that start on Thursdays is why I ask(so I dont sound like a complete idiot in asking). Otherwise whens it start? Tomorrow at what time?

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...