F2P Characters Limitations?

BlindstarOfSand

Is there a limit as to how many characters you can have on your account all together or on a server when you are Free-to-play player? I have preferred status at the moment since I bought a physical disk of the game, and my subs still has a couple of days, but my one friend who plays says his characters are missing and he couldn't choose a server when he switched over. Granted, his internet had been down for awhile but I just want to make sure. I don't want to loose all my characters :( Thanks for reading!

You can have 2 'active' characters per server and I think it's the same as Subscribed (350?) characters globally. You will have to activate the character(s) you want to play on your server and if you want to play one of the other 6 you will need to de-activate one and activate the other one. Really not sure what that all means myself but that's what I've seen so far.

You can have 2 'active' characters per server and I think it's the same as Subscribed (350?) characters globally. You will have to activate the character(s) you want to play on your server and if you want to play one of the other 6 you will need to de-activate one and activate the other one. Really not sure what that all means myself but that's what I've seen so far.

Because she specified that she is in fact a preferred member, the correct answer is that she can have SIX active characters at any one time. Unfortunately as far as deactivating an already active character, short of deleting it, I don't think that you can. So deactivating one and reactivating the other one is not really an option to the best of my knowledge.

That said, as a preferred member myself I am perfectly capable of selecting a different server despite being a preferred member (I just double checked it, I normally play on Shadowlands, but just clicked on Bastion in the Server Select List and it let me go into the character creator for Bastion). So unless there is something screwey with your friends account, he should be able to select a different server simply by going into the server select screen.

They are right though, non-preferred or subscribed players only get to have TWO active characters at any one time.

=XantosCledwin;6093789]Because she specified that she is in fact a preferred member, the correct answer is that she can have SIX active characters at any one time.

Well actually as the OP stated:

my subs still has a couple of days, ...... I don't want to loose all my characters
, so I was assuming that they would be reverting to FTP soon. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

I just checked and the limit per server is 2 active and you can have 350 globally as FTP, although even with the number of servers and 2 characters per sever you couldn't have more than 40 (active) characters as FTP and that would be 120 for Preferred (6 per server is it?) and 240 for subscribers IF you had filled all slots on every server available. :confused: So I guess the inactive characters would count to the global limit, still, whatthe....:eek:

Ah thank you. No, me and my friend are east coasters and as far as I know there aren't any mergers coming. As for my sub I should have somewhere in the teens so to most that's a lot but to me that's short :D

Aw man... hope character to transfer starts up soon need to spread out my charries :p

Well actually as the OP stated: , so I was assuming that they would be reverting to FTP soon. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

I just checked and the limit per server is 2 active and you can have 350 globally as FTP, although even with the number of servers and 2 characters per sever you couldn't have more than 40 (active) characters as FTP and that would be 120 for Preferred (6 per server is it?) and 240 for subscribers IF you had filled all slots on every server available. :confused: So I guess the inactive characters would count to the global limit, still, whatthe....:eek:

A subscriber who cancels their subscription automatically reverts to Preferred status. The reason for this is because the subscription itself counts as the minimum 4.99 USD purchase that is required to obtain preferred membership status. On the other hand, if she were to have already been a preferred member and she did not make at least a 4.99 USD Purchase for over a month, it is possible that she would negate her entire preferred status (with the exception of any unlocks she had previously purchased). So in a way, preferred status is kind of like a weaker form of a subscription to this game, in that you need to continuously make 4.99 USD purchases.

That is assuming the information I heard from another player on the topic is correct.

With regard to the upper character limit. You do realize that they sell character slot unlocks in the cash shop. Even if you have 12 characters per server like subscribers do, that is still only 252 out of 350 total allowed characters. So if you are planning to use all 350 character slots (kind of take a long time to level 350 characters up) you would be required to purchase character slot unlocks, even as a subscriber. That said, even completely free to play players can purchase these unlocks apply them to their account, and have an extra character slot available to them.

EDIT: Also what is more, is that I see absolutely no reason that prevents you from having all 350 characters on the same server other than Character selection screen GUI cluttering.

Edited by XantosCledwin

afaik preferred status is permanent. i.e. once you have spent $$ in any form you get it and it stays with you. I don't think there is a timer on it or a monthly requirement. i'm not at my machine now and cannot remember exactly how to change the active character. that will have to wait till i get home later

afaik preferred status is permanent. i.e. once you have spent $$ in any form you get it and it stays with you. I don't think there is a timer on it or a monthly requirement. i'm not at my machine now and cannot remember exactly how to change the active character. that will have to wait till i get home later

Well, like I said, what I heard could have been wrong. I was just repeating what someone told me. So consider it second hand information at best.