Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One-time password Every time

Minidox
04.03.2013 , 02:27 PM | #1
Whats up with the one time pass every time u log on, its kinda overkill

WaldoA
04.03.2013 , 02:36 PM | #2
It's meant to be that way if you're using a different IP address from last time. It's to prevent people from accessing your account from a foreign computer. So long as they don't have access to your e-mail aswell. The change wasn't needed and It's brung alot of problems, but hey...

Saphra
04.03.2013 , 03:20 PM | #3
I've been a subscriber since day one, and I've been patient during all the other little bugs and issues with the game, because honestly, this is easily the best MMOs that I've played, but this One-time password thing every time i want to log in is unacceptable. My IP address changes every time my modem resets itself, which is usually a few times a day, as i use a wireless internet stick for my primary internet access. Sometimes my modem will reset while I'm playing, but it wasn't a big deal previously. I just had to restart my game, type my password and the answer to one of my questions and i was back in within a minute of disconnecting. Now, pretty much every time i log in, i have to wait 5 minutes for the One-time password e-mail to show up.

This is a deal breaker. Let me know when the log-in system changes, then I'll be happy to give you my money for this otherwise great game again.

Historyhawk
04.03.2013 , 03:28 PM | #4
I agree this is totally unacceptable. Every time I attempt to log in . I have to check mY email for this one time password. Bioware might look at this as increaasing security. It only increases inconvienience. They had better do something soon as they will begin losing the customers they have.

Totaltrash
04.03.2013 , 03:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
It's meant to be that way if you're using a different IP address from last time. It's to prevent people from accessing your account from a foreign computer. So long as they don't have access to your e-mail aswell. The change wasn't needed and It's brung alot of problems, but hey...
Wishful thinking!

I have a static IP.
I log in from the same computer with the exact same IP address.
If I want to post on this forum, I will have to enter a new "one-time-password" every single time!

So far, I got 3 one-time-password emails. More to come, I'm sure....

Nicklashj
04.06.2013 , 02:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Minidox View Post
Whats up with the one time pass every time u log on, its kinda overkill
I can second that. What is next a textmessage for each time you switch between alts.

PrimalPrimeval
04.06.2013 , 05:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicklashj View Post
I can second that. What is next a textmessage for each time you switch between alts.
WHOA! Don't give 'em any ideas!!!

BTW
How much longer is this idiotic "one time password" crap going to last???

Not too much longer for me as I'm getting p---ed off enough I'll cancel this f---ing account and take my gaming dollars elsewhere.

buxstop
04.06.2013 , 07:33 PM | #8
Why does bioware even bother with patch notes if ALL of the patch notes aren't included? I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing the one time password note.

GAULSTON
04.07.2013 , 06:12 PM | #9
How is this a "one time" password Bioware? It is seriously annoying. Will be cancellin my subscription if you don't fix this soon.
OOH-TAY-DEE!