Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Failed to Update Host"

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xplosivkiller
04.03.2013 , 02:19 PM | #1
Been trying to get on for the past two days to no avail. Tried deleting the patch file, the patcher 1to64, tried fixlauncher, and deleting everything and reinstalling, only to get this:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6333/14466129.png

And then this:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2204/77079672.png

Just like some of the other problems, started when the new update came out. Is it fixable in the meantime or am I sitting on my hands until some kind of mass fix comes out?

DarkTartar
04.03.2013 , 02:36 PM | #2
You are not alone, but it seems the problem is the team BioWare not considered as insignificant, although the starting point in getting ANY of the content in the game.
I look forward to a very leisurely solutions for more than a day. Other developers MMORPG would already have posted an updated launcher to access, but it seems that the turtles can not achieve.

dubsaves
04.03.2013 , 02:37 PM | #3
That's a weird one. That means the client<->server connection is experiencing a "timeout." Your client has failed to send any data to the server process. Check your log files in the client directory for interests sake to see if it provides any more info.

Xplosivkiller
04.03.2013 , 02:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dubsaves View Post
That's a weird one. That means the client<->server connection is experiencing a "timeout." Your client has failed to send any data to the server process. Check your log files in the client directory for interests sake to see if it provides any more info.
Heres what I get
Spoiler

Normally I might chalk this up to crap connection, but nothing has changed except the new update. Never had any problem like this before.

DarkTartar
04.03.2013 , 02:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dubsaves View Post
Leave your assumptions to yourself. The client sees the server is normal and what is more properly download the patch, but when you try to apply the drops with an error.

In addition I would say that before this patch launcher worked and updated the game normal. So the problem is not in our fuc#in 'hands as you think.

Hyperthermal
04.03.2013 , 07:11 PM | #6
You are not alone. I am also having this problem

Xplosivkiller
04.04.2013 , 01:34 PM | #7
Bioware, can I at least get an "Idk how to fix this, just sit tight" or something? Honestly, the fact that I'm seeing all these quick responses to other problems and most of the "main" problems people are having makes me thing you don't want to admit you have no clue how to fix this one, or you just don't give a damn. It's nice to know I've pledged financial support to a game I love just to get an empty, abandoned feeling when there's an issue with it and I would just like some kind of acknowledgement that you see this problem too. Other than that, it seems like every other post I see that pertains to this particular problem has been all but ignored by any customer service rep. Meanwhile, everyone else is getting some kind of advice or feedback.

falconerva
04.04.2013 , 05:50 PM | #8
I have the same issue. Oddly, it started after getting the "one instance" error. After trying out a fix I read on here, the "Failed to Update Host" error came up, and I've had nothing but this for the past three days. No amount of flushing my DNS, or compatibility mode switches, or 'Run as Administrator', or deleting the patch folder will help. Even a full uninstall/reinstall does not fix it. Prior to this "patch", everything worked 100% smoothly, and now I can't even get past the login screen. Good to know that BioWare's patch broke my game and they won't even acknowledge this particular issue.

Since the problem here seems to be with updating the launcher and the launcher_update.exe (which is the only process running when the Host error box comes up), why can't they just upload a standalone patched version of the launcher somewhere?

Evanoeri
04.04.2013 , 06:01 PM | #9
I've tried everything. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME.....

Kujaro
04.04.2013 , 08:56 PM | #10
Ughh,,,, havnt been able to play the game since Tuesday cause of this exact same problem. Not a good first impression as just started playing this game last weekend....sub and all. Oh well if it don't work out Ive only lost 15ish bucks