Any Word on 2.0 Color Crystals (Level, CM, Upgrades)?

skitzogreg

I'm interested in buying a black-white crystal for my Sage from the GTN (CM resell item), but I noticed that I haven't seen anything regarding the color crystal level and the value of current crystals purchased off the GTN. Are the crystals going to stay the current (max) level when 2.0 hits, which in turn means that the max level required for crystals is still going to be 50, or are there going to be new crystals available in the CM with a level cap of 55 and increased stats?

If we buy a cartel pack and bust it open on Tuesday, will the potential crystals then be level 50 or 55? I really don't want to waste money on a crystal that's going to be worthless in less than a week.

Keep in mind that all/most CM gear is adaptive at level 10, but the color crystals are maxed out mods. We can't change the stats of these.

Edited by skitzogreg

I am really, really glad to hear that high-end color crystals will keep +41 stats as max. :) I have a couple of special color crystals I've been saving for certain characters when they hit 50, and it'd be really disappointing if I only got to use them for 5 levels!

I hope this is a sign that you plan to remove stats from color crystals altogether. :)

Don't think they are going to do that. It would be too costly and time-consuming to re-design things to have a separate color and stat crystal. At this point, might as well just leave them with the +41 cap since it's pretty easy now to get a +41 crystal at level 10. So removing the stats doesn't make much sense unless you were going to add separate stat crystals.

Don't think they are going to do that. It would be too costly and time-consuming to re-design things to have a separate color and stat crystal. At this point, might as well just leave them with the +41 cap since it's pretty easy now to get a +41 crystal at level 10. So removing the stats doesn't make much sense unless you were going to add separate stat crystals.

He didn't say "separate stats", but "remove"... At some point, if gear's stat budget keeps increasing, +41 stat from crystal can become insignifiant and the stat bonus itself not needed anymore.

But keeping them at 41 doesn't change so much compared to removing stats anyways.

Edited by Altheran

I make quite a bit of credtis from color crystals on my artificer.. and I hope they stop color crystal stats at +41. Not because I don't want to sell color crystals for levels above 50, but because I would like to see some variety and different options added.

Hopefully at some point they will introduce something like an augment kit for adding a power crystal mod to melee weapons used by the force users. And then artifice will get schematics for different flavors of power crystals.

At the same time I'd like to see an aug kit for adding a power cell mod to weapons used by non-force users ~ and armstech will get schematics for those.

I would also say that it would probably be fair if armstech got the schematics for the new type of augment kit.

I'd like to see the power crystals/cells come in flavors of +accuracy, +crit, +surge, +power, & some high/low mixes of each.

(I'd suggest the artifice versions require large quanities of lower grade power crystals + a unique mat that is harvested in an interesting way. Just to create a minigame of sorts, to stick with the KOTOR lore, and burn up the surpluss of some underused mats.)

Posted this idea in the QoL thread, but perhaps a clever way to solve the issue of taking the stats off color crystals is to instead have them effect the sound the weapon makes instead(in addition to color). So for example fortitude crystals could give you the desired color and a deep or bassy sound to your saber/blaster. Hawkeye could give a high pitched sound. This would solve the stats issue while still giving artificers something to craft that is desired while giving even more customization

Color crystals current maximum stat is +41 and this will remain in place as we move into 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

-eric

Will all Expertise crystals be returning? I couldn't find any on the PTS, excluding those inside PvP weapons & the Cartel store. That leaves out Red, Blue, Green, Black-Blue, Black-Red, Black-Orange & Black-Purple (Cyan & Purple are still obtainable I assume due to always being ridiculously rare).

Edited by MrRuck

• 2 weeks later...

This is not good news. Artificers really got the short end of the stick this expansion with respect to new designs.

Also, at some point the +41 crystals are going to run out of new colour choices, and adding new levels to the crystals gives the game a chance to start incrementally releasing new crystals back into the market again.