Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Legacy Achievements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Legacy Achievements
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elitenz
04.03.2013 , 05:32 PM | #71
Another issue I remember was the Legacy Achievement System wasn't picking up the 16M HM TFB kills I had done on live servers so how sure can bioware be that this has all been corrected because I wasn't to pleased to see my 16M HM progression not being shown within my Legacy Achievements.
Conquerer of the Dread Fortress Dread MasterGate CrasherEternal WarriorDragonslayerFrom BeyondWarstalkerThe First line of DefenseFounderPre-Order + CE

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Gaspodia
04.03.2013 , 05:34 PM | #72
Please tell me there is an Overachiever title for getting them all

Ravenschild
04.03.2013 , 05:35 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Garanaga View Post
So pretty much this will be used for Titles, and some that "may" give Cartel Coins. So very little use whatsoever? Why the hell am I wasting my time with this game. Seriously....If you are going to add content, add content that has inherent value, you know, something with ACTUAL in game use. I do not give a flying fig if I get some "so-called awsome-sauce" title. What frikkin good is that going to do except tell everyone in game how I wasted my time to get some stupid title? Am I the only person in this game that see's this??
No you arent. Legacy should be used for unlocks. Example:Max out (insert said crafting ability and the 2 needed to go with it) and get a slight increse on reverse engineering something. The more of these you do the higher it goes. But that would make sense. Instead we get...titles. Woo-hoo (deadpan face)

Urantia
04.03.2013 , 05:35 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
Simple fix for that, make them only activate at certain levels on a character.
Perhaps, but then it would trivialize the accomplishment of having grabbed them all on a toon by lvl 33 {lvl 33 as this is the current prereq to land on Quesh to get those 3}. Yes, i am one of those player that at this point in time does things to increase my challenge....by grabbing datacrons on Corellia as a lvl 22 for example.

In the past, on my ancient toons I would of course do every possible mission and grab them as I went to each new planet. These days I lvl, usually through pure pvp, exploration {opening up the maps on a planets}, and getting stray codex entries and datacrons {things an underlvled toon can currently do without too much trouble}.

Your suggestion, while a possible solution, may indirectly harm what I consider an accomplishment.
│║▌█║▌║
SQUADRON238

Metinsith
04.03.2013 , 05:43 PM | #75
The name "Legacy Achievements" implies that achievements on one character (i.e. codex entries from boss kills and so on that will be converted to legacy achievements) will show up on another. Does that mean that Operation titles/rewards (the hard mode mount reward, etc) will finally be Legacy-wide and not just character-specific?

RaiderMid
04.03.2013 , 05:52 PM | #76
I was excited to hear about the Achievement System at first. This update just killed my enthusiasm.
I hate grinding and even more so, I hate grinding for very little payoff. There is nothing worth grinding out these achievements for me since I'm not a title chaser and the small amount of Cartel Coins you can earn this way would equal up to what, a couple cartel packs and that is if you hoard what you get and do all of those particular achievements.

Disappointing, but have fun to the people who do enjoy these types of things.

DaRoamer
04.03.2013 , 06:00 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
In life? No. In gaming? Most certainly.
Well many people disagree with you. That's why we have things like Xbox achievements, PS3 trophies and steam achievements. It gives you an easy way to see all the things you've done and for completionists it gives them something to do even without tangible rewards.

On the other side if they gave powerful gear for doing these things then people would complain they HAD to grind achievements to get the good gear.

Twickers
04.03.2013 , 06:02 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Urantia View Post
Perhaps, but then it would trivialize the accomplishment of having grabbed them all on a toon by lvl 33 {lvl 33 as this is the current prereq to land on Quesh to get those 3}. Yes, i am one of those player that at this point in time does things to increase my challenge....by grabbing datacrons on Corellia as a lvl 22 for example.

In the past, on my ancient toons I would of course do every possible mission and grab them as I went to each new planet. These days I lvl, usually through pure pvp, exploration {opening up the maps on a planets}, and getting stray codex entries and datacrons {things an underlvled toon can currently do without too much trouble}.

Your suggestion, while a possible solution, may indirectly harm what I consider an accomplishment.
Another simple solution, getting a datacron you've already obtained legacy wide would grant a large EXP bonus.

I do understand wanting a feeling of accomplishment though.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Timonius
04.03.2013 , 06:02 PM | #79
So, are you going to fix/update the codex entry system

Twickers
04.03.2013 , 06:03 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by RaiderMid View Post
I was excited to hear about the Achievement System at first. This update just killed my enthusiasm.
I hate grinding and even more so, I hate grinding for very little payoff. There is nothing worth grinding out these achievements for me since I'm not a title chaser and the small amount of Cartel Coins you can earn this way would equal up to what, a couple cartel packs and that is if you hoard what you get and do all of those particular achievements.

Disappointing, but have fun to the people who do enjoy these types of things.
Heh, hate to say it but if you hate grinding an RPG really isn't the type of game for you
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown