Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Legacy Achievements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Legacy Achievements
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Luxidenstore
04.03.2013 , 03:47 PM | #41
Really happy to see this feature in the game, as I'm the type of player who likes to progress these kinds of things!

Garanaga
04.03.2013 , 03:48 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Senior Game Designer, William Wallace, took a break from dancing with womp rats to give some details on the new Legacy Achievement system coming in Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy. Please discuss the blog in this thread!
So pretty much this will be used for Titles, and some that "may" give Cartel Coins. So very little use whatsoever? Why the hell am I wasting my time with this game. Seriously....If you are going to add content, add content that has inherent value, you know, something with ACTUAL in game use. I do not give a flying fig if I get some "so-called awsome-sauce" title. What frikkin good is that going to do except tell everyone in game how I wasted my time to get some stupid title? Am I the only person in this game that see's this??

Silren
04.03.2013 , 03:48 PM | #43
I was wondering about the achievement for the Czerka Crate-O-Matic what if you got the drop but no longer have the crate, or if you bought the item from another player will you still get the achievement for it?

Commomp
04.03.2013 , 03:50 PM | #44
Sweet, it's about time. Now only if they would bring reputation for every planet starting at level 1. Not too keen on it all being level 50 content.
CE For SWTOR and lovin it!
There is nothing in life that can't be explained after having smoked a little bantha poodu.

Aries_cz
04.03.2013 , 03:53 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Arthuriuan View Post
Henceforth, we will no longer call you "William Wallace". In our tribe, your name shall forever be "Dances with Womp Rats".
All hail the Great Womp Rat Dancer!!
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

gogator
04.03.2013 , 03:55 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by WillWallace View Post
The titles have all been moved to the Legacy Title system. They will be granted like other Legacy Titles and will be available to all characters, except in the case of a few faction specific ones that will only be displayable on characters of the same faction---for instance, the Republic Ace title can only be used on your Republic characters.
It is nice that titles are moved to the Legacy Title system, but I hope those titles will still be displayed before or after our name, right? (please please please not like the current legacy titles like "Gree Research Assistant", those are too small and they seem unimportant)

WHFlash
04.03.2013 , 03:56 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Garanaga View Post
So pretty much this will be used for Titles, and some that "may" give Cartel Coins. So very little use whatsoever? Why the hell am I wasting my time with this game. Seriously....If you are going to add content, add content that has inherent value, you know, something with ACTUAL in game use. I do not give a flying fig if I get some "so-called awsome-sauce" title. What frikkin good is that going to do except tell everyone in game how I wasted my time to get some stupid title? Am I the only person in this game that see's this??
If you've read any of the other comments in this thread, you would have noticed that there are many people that find this type of content valuable to their playstyle. They are just a representation of the broader playerbase that doesn't frequent or respond in the forums, so be assured that there are thousands of people that would agree with them.

Content doesn't have to make you happy. If it makes someone else happy, it was worth putting in. You don't have to use the achievement titles, you don't have to look at how much time some else has "wasted" by looking at their achievements, you don't have to go hunt 1000 beasties. Go find content you do like and do that.

sandisrd
04.03.2013 , 03:57 PM | #48
Hi,

Please fix missing and bugged codex entries on planets BW, please!...

Thank you!.
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

Twickers
04.03.2013 , 04:02 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Garanaga View Post
I for one will be enjoying doing this stuff, hell I've already busied myself maxxing out professions and republic/imperial characters so I have a slew of new titles to play with, I'll also be going back to planets to get achievements I'm missing since it's something that I happen to enjoy.

In case you're missing the point here, and it wouldn't surprise me if you are, this is something me and I'm sure quite a lot of others will enjoy, and there are those who wont care, but guess what? They can't please everyone in an MMO, you hate it? Door's that way make sure not to let it hit you on the way out. Otherwise accept the fact that stuff gets released/done that some will enjoy, others will not give a flying womp rat about.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Garanaga
04.03.2013 , 04:02 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by WHFlash View Post
If you've read any of the other comments in this thread, you would have noticed that there are many people that find this type of content valuable to their playstyle. They are just a representation of the broader playerbase that doesn't frequent or respond in the forums, so be assured that there are thousands of people that would agree with them.

Content doesn't have to make you happy. If it makes someone else happy, it was worth putting in. You don't have to use the achievement titles, you don't have to look at how much time some else has "wasted" by looking at their achievements, you don't have to go hunt 1000 beasties. Go find content you do like and do that.
How people play the game is their business. I have no qualms with how people play the game. I just find this inconceivable that content is added that has ZERO use other than a title and possible cartel coins. Why on earth would I go out of my way to grind the living hell out of this game just for a title? I see no reason why anyone would enjoy that. It's like laying on a bed of nails and having sex on it for the fun of it, or walking barefoot over hot coals, maybe doing a little dance in the coals just because. Please, explain it to me so I can better understand the mentality of these people.