Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Legacy Achievements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Legacy Achievements
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aries_cz
04.04.2013 , 01:08 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Achievements aren't a race. It's something you put time and effort into to get. Some people don't want to do any PVP. If you don't want to PVP, you don't get PVP achievements. If you don't want to roll multiple classes, you miss out on things already such as getting class and presence buffs. Everybody has the same opportunity to earn achievements, if you don't want to do them, it does not make it unfair.
^^ THIS ^^
I have no idea why someone feels "force" to do anything as meaningless as achievements. It is not like BW will reward you with +500 to all stats per achievement like some apparently feel so.
Everything you have in a game is a choice, from space, through heroic missions to PvP. You can do it all, if you are a completionist, or don't if you are not, it is really simple
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Darth-Malice
04.04.2013 , 01:13 PM | #152
Care to comment on the rumor that a lot of the items int he Cartel Market were in fact legacy rewards but you took them out when EA ordered you too make more money?
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Aries_cz
04.04.2013 , 01:51 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
Care to comment on the rumor that a lot of the items int he Cartel Market were in fact legacy rewards but you took them out when EA ordered you too make more money?
Personally, I think it is a stupid rumor that has no foundation in any facts. Giving all characters some armor for completing some legacy stuff? That doesn't sound right...

HGPhantamos
04.04.2013 , 09:20 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by DinesenDK View Post
Some of us enjoy to play Just 1 character, and I don't understand why you think its fair that I have to roll 2-3 toons jsut to keep up in the achivement race?
Well if you only play one toon then you've done less then someone who has 8... Naturally you're going to fall behind in achievements. How does that not make sense to you? They want ppl to play the game as much as possible and only playing one toon really limits what you can do so this puts an incentive in to have ppl roll another toon. Are you upset that you don't get to do a legacy force storm since you rolled a trooper and that's all you play? Or that you only have one buff when other ppl have all four? When you hit your weekly lockouts then you may as well only turn the game on for a FP a day and then wait for the weekly reset... of course you're going to fall behind on your legacy achievements...

HGPhantamos
04.04.2013 , 09:32 PM | #155
I think this system is great and fills a lot of ppl's needs, a real home run for BW!

for those who like to work for achievements its a perfect fit...

and for those who need to complain about everything, BAM, one more thing to throw on the pile of stuff they don't like and can complain about...

Now I do think that it can and will be refined and tweaked over time and will be improved. Nothing is ever perfect in these games right off the bat. Things are always subject to change in future patches and updates... so for all the people that think its not exactly everything that it could be (me included) just wait.... it will get better over time

zzoorrzz
04.05.2013 , 01:18 AM | #156
So what exactly do I get for completing those achievements? If it's only prestige rating and a title here and there, then it's weak. Not motivating for me.

AshlaBoga
04.05.2013 , 01:20 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
So what exactly do I get for completing those achievements? If it's only prestige rating and a title here and there, then it's weak. Not motivating for me.
You can get 700 Cartel Coins, but that's really not that many.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Aries_cz
04.05.2013 , 05:37 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
What more do you want for something you receive in addition to normal gameplay? You get what you always get with any achievement system in any game - bragging rights

Frostbyt
04.05.2013 , 11:53 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
What more do you want for something you receive in addition to normal gameplay? You get what you always get with any achievement system in any game - bragging rights
Bragging rights lol, some of us could care less what the other players think. How about +1crit chance to crafting for becoming a master crafter? If there were some real rewards I'd be excited. Right now this is a slight step above the family tree.
The Harbinger, Krath Origin
Frost'byte PT • Frost'bite OpMed • Frostbit Sorc • Nomadis Mara • Fróstbite Sniper
Armor'mech CombatMedic • Armsdealer GS • $%^&2 Guard

mikebevo
04.05.2013 , 12:31 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Kannj View Post
If they don't have that 'Dance with 100 Womp Rats' achievement, that will be really sad.
They need to get Ted Nugent to record "Womp Rat Fever" to dance to.