Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Legacy Achievements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Legacy Achievements
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DinesenDK
04.04.2013 , 03:01 AM | #131
This sounds awesome! Been looking forward to it from day one, and was one of the reasons I took a break from the game, so it is great to see it finally get into the game.

Now the big 10 Mill credits question.:

"Will I be able to take my trooper and go to Tython and do ALL the achievements there, or am I forced, which I fear to make a jedi to do them?"
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Fauhn lvl 55 Warrior - Juggernaut.

snowmon
04.04.2013 , 04:09 AM | #132
i would like to know if this achievement system is going to be as ...."good" as the codex? are you intending on fixing the codex at all?

i worked quite hard over the year or so on filling my codex but found that there are so many i just cannot do because for example im not an inquisitor...so there are specific codex which are impossible for me to get so why they are in my codex list is beyond me.

mine is currently at 659 / 817 (iirc, its been a while since i looked) there are a few more i do still need but i dont see myself getting over 680 once i done all i can.

is this achievement system going to replace the codex? are you just going to delete it one day and just keep the achievement system, ? whats the point in having both.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

SNCommand
04.04.2013 , 04:27 AM | #133
Hidden achievements?

One wouldn't be to dance with womp rats would it?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

AshlaBoga
04.04.2013 , 04:30 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Hidden achievements?

One wouldn't be to dance with womp rats would it?
Probably
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ChrisMattar
04.04.2013 , 05:01 AM | #135
Why won't u be able to go to tython u can go now and do whatever u want.
But you won't be able to go to korriban with ur trooper.
And in that case u can roll an alt for 5 levels and finish wtv it is. Why the fear, omg omg omg. Chill.
That question Wasnt even worth 1 credit.

Quote: Originally Posted by DinesenDK View Post
This sounds awesome! Been looking forward to it from day one, and was one of the reasons I took a break from the game, so it is great to see it finally get into the game.

Now the big 10 Mill credits question.:

"Will I be able to take my trooper and go to Tython and do ALL the achievements there, or am I forced, which I fear to make a jedi to do them?"

ChrisMattar
04.04.2013 , 05:15 AM | #136
Whoever is complaining or having negative comments about the achievement system is really just in a horrible mood and whants to be annoying. They are giving u an expansion a huge one along with that system, just ignore this achivement thing, i domt understand, There is nothing to complain about, it's an additional thing u have in the game which u dont have to do, it's like complaining that there was a red speeder added. So what , those who like it like it, if u don't ignore it, what exactly is the problem??? Are you guys serious or what?? Pure trolling!!

From the perspective of development achievements have proven to be one of the most successful things in gaming, every publisher has that and Steam owes a large part of its success to achievement system they've said it over and over again. It's a system that makes completist gamers tick, and guess what MMOs are based on?
exactly that concept, grinding collecting comparing. So it fits perfectly and we love it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
The only thing that distinguishes in-game achievements from "Xbox 360 achievements" is whether or not the developer decided to allocate gamepoints to the unlocking of said achievements. Sometimes these achievements unlock tangible rewards, other times they do nothing other than add to the gamerpoints total, and some other times they even do both.

Whichever the case, your original argument that Xbox 360 achievements are inherently useless and players are given no incentive to do them—other than for the sake of completion—is, to put simply, just flat out wrong.

/end discussion

Kannj
04.04.2013 , 07:00 AM | #137
If they don't have that 'Dance with 100 Womp Rats' achievement, that will be really sad.

Its such a cool thing

The sad thing is that some of my guild was standing around during the first Double XP weekend waiting and watching my female Twi'lek Sith Assassin dancing with Womp Rats for enemies at the Open PvP zone

TUXs
04.04.2013 , 08:19 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by WillWallace View Post
Sure, but I would make it two achievements.

"They'll Never Take Our Freedom..." - Deliver an inspirational speech to your group mates while in a Warzone.

"...But They May Take Our Lives" - Kill any player who is currently delivering an inspirational speech in a Warzone.
Ooooh...that was good lol
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

RogueForLife
04.04.2013 , 08:43 AM | #139
great, a return to "LFM blah blah blah, pst with achievement"

Fantazm
04.04.2013 , 09:15 AM | #140
I couldn't care less about these. They've never interested me on any platform.

However some people really seem to get off on them, so for those people I'm glad they're being implemented.