Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Out-Of-Bodying? NPC Conversation Bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Out-Of-Bodying? NPC Conversation Bug

Eula-Tos
12.20.2011 , 06:12 PM | #1
Don't know if this is a known bug, but twice now, after ending a conversation with an NPC, I return to the world to find TWO versions of the NPC(s) I was talking to, one of my avatar and my camera detached from my avatar. I can move around the room and have an out-of-body experience! Unfortunately, I can't get back IN my body.

I suspect what is happening is that sometime during an NPC conversation, your avatar and the NPC are despawned, and then they are respawned again at the end (sometimes in a slightly different position). But twice this was bugged for me so that the original avatars didn't despawn, and my avatar didn't respawn, leaving my camera without a body.

Not sure if this is related, but often after ending a conversation with an NPC successfully (no out-of-bodying), my framerate tanks. It goes from around 30 fps to around 3 fps. (I get about 60 fps at the best of times.) To get it back up, I either have to relog or set my graphics settings to HIGH and then back down to LOW. This seems reset the graphics somehow.

Windows Vista Home
Dell Vostro notebook
Duo Core 2x2.0
4 GB RAM
GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB

Alphajomega
12.28.2011 , 07:09 AM | #2
I have the same problem and it happens in one in every five cut scenes (conversations).

The cut scene ends and I am thrown out of body, I can even quick transit to another location and remain out of body.

It would be quite cool if it was a Dark Force OOB astral planeing skill.

I cant get back in again and have to relog to resolve it.

It is a major irritation. Is there a way of getting back into your body without having to relog?

Have logged a ticket on it, but from my other experiences so far with this game I suspect Customer support is snowed under