the things you don'ts and dos as ninja capper

astrobearx

hello all, i decide to write a brief list of things as a ninja capper (or NC for short) (someone who have the ability to stealth and secretly attack and capture the enemy node/pylon/base in pvp) should not do and could do as a ninja

Don't's

1. dont attack the guard.

even if you are 49 and the guard is lvl 15, just dont attack, just CC the guard(s) and cap as quickly as you can. why? because your job as a NC is to simply get the base and hold it until either the time run out (pylon) or when you team comes.now you may say "well if im lvl 49 and such i can kill him and then take the node". this is wrong (well at least the times i seen it in pvp, especially in 50 pvp) . capping is a very fast and fluid motion. wasting time on the guard will only concluded in you dying because their is racing back and roflstomp you. so i

2. don't take unstealthies with you (unless you are a operative and have group stealth and even then its eh). why? because the enemy team will be instantly alert when the "incs [x] node" is called and if the team is even decent, 2 to 3 ppl will be rushing to your way to kill the unstealthies and still another guard at the node ( most of the times i seen this happen , the new guard would also be a stealth ,which only assure making your job as a NC harder since you got to deal with the stealth first before the guard).

3.(ancient hypergate) don't try to cap before 40s or less on the timer or when there are too many to take on

seriously, do not do this. why? because the end result will be the same as bringing a unstealther, the enemy team will double its defenses to prevent you from doing it again; furthermore, if you fudge up doing this the first time around by going to early, i can almost guarantee that they will take whatever stealthier they have and post him or her to counter you.

4. dont try to capped if they are too many guards

i mean it, dont even try unless you have other NC accompany you. why? simple, you simple cant take all the guards if it is 4+ ppl guarding (even if you are a operative, as your flashbang wont last long enough for all of them and if the other guards havent use their stun remover , they can easily get out of it.)if you are in this situation, just go back to your team and try again later or wait for the majority to peel off .

and i decide while typing this OP, to put in some do's as well.

1. do team up with other ninjas.

look even the best ninja cappers can be thwarted by the node guard, if he or she know how to handle Ncs by having more than one NC attacking the base , not only heighten the chance that you will secure the base before the enemies incs come back to stop you , it also heighten the chances that the base, you just capture wont fall back tot he enemy.

2. develop a CC pattern.

developing a CC pattern save my *** more times than i can recalled because remeber every player have a stun remover. so you should decide how to use your CCs before even the match starts.

my CC pattern so like

operative: sleeping dart then flash bang or electro knife then flash bang

assassin: the stealth cc then whirlwind

the reason why i do it this way is because, when capping, the guard will most likely use the stun breaker to prevent you from cappimg his or her node:this is the opening to use the longer CC that well guarantee capping their node

now this assumed that there is only one guard ofc, if there is more than one, then do the following if you are a operative player (sorry i have nothing for assassin for this). i suggest to use the stealth cc one guard and then use the short cc dmg att one the other. let them both break out and attack you up close then use flashbang and carry on.

well that it, if you have anything to add or any critique, just post away

Edited by astrobearx

From my experience, ancient hypergate is the only wz where you actually can cap the pylon with using cc. In other maps, the cap time is as long/longer than the time cc lasts, so if it's not impossible to cap while the enemy is on cc, it's really, really hard. (Talking about situation where there's 1 vs 1 situation, if 1 stealther stuns and another caps, the odds are higher)

From my experience, ancient hypergate is the only wz where you actually can cap the pylon with using cc. In other maps, the cap time is as long/longer than the time cc lasts, so if it's not impossible to cap while the enemy is on cc, it's really, really hard. (Talking about situation where there's 1 vs 1 situation, if 1 stealther stuns and another caps, the odds are higher)

I've found I can cap nodes guarded by a SINGLE ENEMY PLAYER very consistently with my Shadow tank - IF I don't mess up and my reflexes are up to snuff.

I'll OPEN with a Force lift from stealth and try to cap. This works if their CC break is on cooldown and if you click the node INSTANTLY once the CC applies.

If they break, I go for a quick restealth followed by a Mind Maze. Here's where speed is key. You HAVE to destealth and click the node as fast as possible before the Mind Maze wears off or they'll ruin it for you.

But, I seem to have pretty good success with this one. Doesn't always work since it requires near-perfect timing, but I've won a LOT of games doing it.

Edited by RodneyMcNeely

I just pulled the 1 second remaining AH ninja win last night. So much fun when it comes off correctly and you actually win a game from it.

stealth in when clock reads 14 secs, catch guard solo too close to node. sap guard. unstealth/cap. guard breaks cc to stop cap. immediate combat stealth/re-sap/unstealth/cap. win with 1 second on clock.

AH is much easier to do this than the other node WZs because its a 6 sec cap time instead of 8 sec.

Voidstar and ACW are even more rewarding when you get a ninja off on the 8 second plant/node capture timers.

I always feel bad for the poor guard who really couldnt do anything to stop me from stealing the win. You just know the ragers are all pooping on his head after the match, even though none of them was helping him guard...lol

One of the Bradleey Troll Diaries videos has a lot of whirlwind caps in it, mostly Alderaan.

Perhaps this is why Assassins are losing their instant whirlwind? (Still no excuse for taking it away from sorcs).

Honestly, the devs had to know people could get a guaranteed sap-cap in Hypergates. I don't know what they were thinking. Maybe something like, "Our players seem to enjoy standing around doing nothing so much, we will give them a new warzone where you need TWO players standing around doing nothing."

Of course, a stealther who is lucky enough not to get caught, or a smart player who stands far enough away is the ideal defender, but good luck finding one of those in your average pug.

even if you are 49 and the guard is lvl 15, just dont attack, just CC the guard(s) and cap as quickly as you can. why? because your job as a NC is to simply get the base and hold it until either the time run out (pylon) or when you team comes.now you may say "well if im lvl 49 and such i can kill him and then take the node". this is wrong (well at least the times i seen it in pvp, especially in 50 pvp) . capping is a very fast and fluid motion. wasting time on the guard will only concluded in you dying because their is racing back and roflstomp you. so i

I'm sorry, you saw in 50s pvp lvl 49s NCs taking on lv 15s? not to mention the paragraph is incomplete :/

Aanyway... cc and cap is only doable in AH or vs a noob guard...cc is 8 seconds and cap is 8/18 seconds. A cc cap would require you to cc, get out of LoS and cap in a split second. I managed before, but it's not really practical. There's too much chance involved.

Expecially in low pvp i can drop the guard in about 6 seconds. I remember when i was new and guarding alone when i was attacked by a stealther, 1 or 2 seconds are panic, another one goes in deciding whether to warn immediately whilst being dropped or try to cc and warn in that split second your attacker is stunned, and the remaining 3 seconds are what's left for you to face your doom. 14 seconds isn't enough for anyone to reach a node from the one where the fighting is going on. Usually if there's 2 guards they don't even bother calling... or rather... the one that dies first will hang around dead to see the fight and will eventually call when he sees the other guy is dropping as well, but it's too late anyway ^_^

Edited by Kawabonga

When on Alderaan, DO cap a side turret between those two pipes, you'd be surprised how many times it works, even with nearly the entire team farming the medals. It's amusing to imagine their IRL faces when the turret is stolen right from under their noses :D

I've found I can cap nodes guarded by a SINGLE ENEMY PLAYER very consistently with my Shadow tank - IF I don't mess up and my reflexes are up to snuff.

I'll OPEN with a Force lift from stealth and try to cap. This works if their CC break is on cooldown and if you click the node INSTANTLY once the CC applies.

If they break, I go for a quick restealth followed by a Mind Maze. Here's where speed is key. You HAVE to destealth and click the node as fast as possible before the Mind Maze wears off or they'll ruin it for you.

But, I seem to have pretty good success with this one. Doesn't always work since it requires near-perfect timing, but I've won a LOT of games doing it.

I think you are doing this backwards.

I think you are doing this backwards.

Yeah, and he should do it with an operative because they

Have an instant 8 sec mezz (and are keeping it in 2.0 :p), and can take cover off gcd to get out of stealth and cap asap.

I've seen rookie ninja cappers trying your method of CC, then cap, in Alderaan. The fact is, that if I rapid tap my attack before the CC runs out, then I will stop their attempt. It's as simple as that. I've even seen them desperate enough to then try and hit me with another sleep, to try again. Sometimes, I don't even bother hitting the CC break on that attack, either, because it won't help them. NC and AH are the only ones where this is a plausible tactic, it looks like, because the time it takes to start( but not complete) a capture is a lot shorter in the former, and apparently, the latter has a much shorter cap time. Frankly, I lose more guard posts by enemies that open on me from stealth, rather than try to steal a capture during mez time.

Great thread! I have an operative buddy that I run with on my TankSin. We're pretty good at one-of-us-cc's-while-the-other-caps. Using the node as LOS in Alderaan is key. Force Pull can be pretty sweet too; pull them out of LOS 30 meters away from the node, hit them with your four second stun and then hit them with force slow.

My comments below:

2. don't take unstealthies with you (unless you are a operative and have group stealth and even then its eh). why? because the enemy team will be instantly alert when the "incs [x] node" is called and if the team is even decent, 2 to 3 ppl will be rushing to your way to kill the unstealthies and still another guard at the node ( most of the times i seen this happen , the new guard would also be a stealth ,which only assure making your job as a NC harder since you got to deal with the stealth first before the guard).

YES! A thousand times yes! My biggest problem here: Puggers. Scrubs rarely listen. We'll say repeatedly "going grass with stealth, do not approach grass" and here comes little Timmy with his pew pew pew drawing more defenders. Same thing with Hypergate. It's very hard to stealth the node if non-stealthers are drawing more defenders to the node. Sometimes, that can draw away enemy scrubs and allow the cap, but most of the time it just draws more defenders. Once you try to gank the node on Hypergate, the enemy team will usually keep TWO defenders on the node, spoiling your chances at stealth capping for the rest of the match. It's incredible how bads can single-handedly ruin your chances.

At the beginning of Alderaan, we will often LET THEM CAP THE NODE if there is more than one defender. Seems counterproductive right? You want to stop the cap, right? Wrong. If there is more than one defender capping the node, you'll be hard pressed unless you have good 2 vs 2 skills and if they have a stealth or a tank on the enemy capping team, forget it. But if you LET THEM CAP THE NODE, usually one guy will leave, leaving a juicy solo guarder that you can either hit with a double alpha-strike or CC + cap.

3.(ancient hypergate) don't try to cap before 40s or less on the timer or when there are too many to take on

Again, yes! People don't get that about Hypergate. If you're going to gank it, it MUST be in the last 30 seconds because the enemy node is very hard to keep. You can always tell who is a scrub by whether or not they attack the node too early. Even if you use brute force, it's hard to keep the enemy node and your node if you attack too soon.

good points mostly but if it isn't hypergate and you know you can drop them in under 10 seconds then yes you should kill them. If i see a recruit on a node them I'm going to kill him in under 10 secs easy.

There are 2 reasons for this. One is it is easy and if you fail to cc cap you have to kill him anyway but now without the element of surprise. Also, if there is a 2nd guard there (you searched but he was a smart stealthy) you will need to kill him and if you are good then you will drop that recruit in just a few seconds and so that 2nd fight will basically be a 1v1. If you are good you will usually win this 1v1.

Now if it is hypergate then ya you should never fight him as that is just stupid.