Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Redeem a Product Registration Code

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Redeem a Product Registration Code

Adredarge
12.13.2011 , 07:05 AM | #1
Just a quick question.

On the new Account Management page, underneath Account Summary, the third listed item says Redeem a Product Registration Code.

Is this the registration code you need to provide in order to play the game post Dec. 20th release? Or, had you registered a pre-order code, should this be shown as complete?

Because underneath the Code Redemption tab it shows me as having redeemed a pre-order code on July 25th, but underneath Account Summary the Redeem a Product Registration Code, immediately underneath Contact Information Complete, is grayed out.

Thank you.

zniightmare
12.13.2011 , 07:07 AM | #2
Yes, I have the same issue as well. I have had it pre ordered and when I go to redeem code it says its already in use. Without this being a checkmark I am unable to subscribe.

wiisdom
12.13.2011 , 07:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by zniightmare View Post
Yes, I have the same issue as well. I have had it pre ordered and when I go to redeem code it says its already in use. Without this being a checkmark I am unable to subscribe.

i got the same as you... :S dunno what thats about...

UrbanLynx
12.13.2011 , 07:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Adredarge View Post
Just a quick question.

On the new Account Management page, underneath Account Summary, the third listed item says Redeem a Product Registration Code.

Is this the registration code you need to provide in order to play the game post Dec. 20th release? Or, had you registered a pre-order code, should this be shown as complete?

Because underneath the Code Redemption tab it shows me as having redeemed a pre-order code on July 25th, but underneath Account Summary the Redeem a Product Registration Code, immediately underneath Contact Information Complete, is grayed out.

Thank you.
That's for your retail key (when you get it) not your pre-order key. Click the Code Redemption link on the right, and if you see something similar to this:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
08.06.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Then you're fine.
Myrdin & Aleksey of the 1020th, Alexandra & Alena of the 367th

Adredarge
12.13.2011 , 07:12 AM | #5
The more I think about it the more I believe that third box is intended for the code you receive with the actual physical copy of the game, or, if you pre-ordered via origin, the code they will email you on the 16th, so that you can continue to play post launch after early access ends.

Adredarge
12.13.2011 , 07:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by UrbanLynx View Post
That's for your retail key (when you get it) not your pre-order key. Click the Code Redemption link on the right, and if you see something similar to this:

Then you're fine.
Word. That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification though! Makes me feel better.

wiisdom
12.13.2011 , 07:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UrbanLynx View Post

Then you're fine.
.... ??? i got the ce as well preorder it got the key on a sms use it in the preorder thing when im going to redeem is say it was be use..

Morvoldo
12.13.2011 , 07:14 AM | #8
same as i have 11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch but alread downloaded the client as was in the beta and d/l the rest but still get the damn sub not active crap.
but i did read that we all are having e-mails sent to us for early access but then why wasent this done ages ago with the other one that let you d/l
The Anitcipation of Death is Worse than Death it self

Scherman
12.13.2011 , 07:16 AM | #9
I have put in my CE-retail code at dec 8,i know i got my box early

but it is not showing on my redeemed code list ,i have it showing on Origins,

and if i try to redeem it today it says already used

So is this status going to change at dec 15? or is it a problem needs solving?

Lord_walsh
12.13.2011 , 07:17 AM | #10
From what I understand it's the product code usually on the cd case or the game manual (these days). but since we don't have the physical copy EA has to e-mail us the code and they haven't yet. I'm having the same problem so I hope we get a solution soon.