Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 55 entry date

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bbare
04.03.2013 , 10:18 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
As a new player, what is this expansion bringing for me? (other than the holostatue thing which i don't know what it does). Feels like I do not have to rush buying it. Any insights?
The expansion pack will have no impact until you are actually able to do content on Makeb, which will likely be level 50. Remember, what you are paying for in the expansion is only access to Makeb and the ability to level from 50 to lvl 55. So, you don't have to rush buying it until you are ready to quest on Makeb and reach passed lvl 50. I'd preorder it if you want the bonus items. I assume the holostatue will allow you to train skills in the field kind of like the Darth Malgus Holostatue, so it is valuable.
The Vanity Legacy

tanerb
04.03.2013 , 10:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
The expansion pack will have no impact until you are actually able to do content on Makeb, which will likely be level 50. Remember, what you are paying for in the expansion is only access to Makeb and the ability to level from 50 to lvl 55. So, you don't have to rush buying it until you are ready to quest on Makeb and reach passed lvl 50. I'd preorder it if you want the bonus items. I assume the holostatue will allow you to train skills in the field kind of like the Darth Malgus Holostatue, so it is valuable.
thank you!

TonyDragonflame
04.03.2013 , 10:24 AM | #23
Looks like if payed subscriber dont buy expansion, he have only 2 ways:

1. buy expansion
2. /quit game and /unsub

right?
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Apeth
04.03.2013 , 10:44 AM | #24
I don't understand why a subber wouldn't buy the expansion. Its a paltry ammount for awesome content. Come on guys it'll be worth it.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

DrewFromPhilly
04.03.2013 , 10:57 AM | #25
What about warzone queues? Will everybody lvl 30-50 be in the new 30-54 bracket when they queue on Tuesday, regardless of when/what they bought?

RaiderMid
04.03.2013 , 10:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post

1. buy expansion
2. /quit game and /unsub

right?

It's reasonable to assume that because most content going forward will likely be aimed at level 55 players.
People who stay at 50 might get War Zones and maybe some events but I don't see much outside of that.

Royox
04.03.2013 , 11:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
But do you think it's fair that a Game Developer (in this case BW) is leaving people behind who initially payed for the game and balanced combat trees up to 50?

I am just thinking as well about the f2p accounts. They have to face this changes and will most likely never be able to clear EC nightmare on level 50...
Where's the problem? Blizzard does it in WoW every year and nobody complains.

Quote:
They have to face this changes and will most likely never be able to clear EC nightmare on level 50...
So? There will be new lvl 55 content. If they wanted to do EC NiM they could during the last 6 months. It's not a subbers problem.

AlixMV
04.03.2013 , 11:10 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post

1. buy expansion
2. /quit game and /unsub

right?
There will still be Level 50 content which can be played--I don't have the breakdown, but for example, I think most of the current 1.x HM FPs and Ops and some of the Dailies are remaining level 50--it's just that players who don't buy the expansion will be locked out of the new content and underleveled for some of the existing content which is having its level raised (like Section X Dailies, which were level 52 when I did stick my nose into the PTS).

But like other commenters said, if someone is interested in playing that much at endgame, I suspect they're going to want to pony up the one-time hit for the expansion. If they're not, then they can skip buying the expansion and play the game however they want to play it (which, for me, for a long time, was simply leveling).
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

-Wes-
04.03.2013 , 11:21 AM | #29
As with the game software itself, the time will come (in the not too terribly distant future, I might add) when this expansion does not cost additional money to access. Those of us who are "early adopters" will pay extra for it and support the expansion's development in the process. That's just the way the cycle goes.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

Kubernetic
04.03.2013 , 12:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
As a new player, what is this expansion bringing for me? (other than the holostatue thing which i don't know what it does). Feels like I do not have to rush buying it. Any insights?
From what we've learned so far, it's bringing a sizeable amount of planetary content for the new Makeb environment. This also includes some new reputation vendors and a slew of new armors and gears that can be acquired. One of these is the classic speeder bike from Return of the Jedi, which many players (including myself) have been waiting for. (Even though I still love my sparky, smoky Scrapper.)

It is bringing a new operation, Scum & Villainy.

It is adding some new mini-game microgame abilites such as the Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid, which you can use to scope out not only Makeb but other planets you've already been to for special items that you can find, etc.

It is adding some new missions that take you back through other planets you've already been to in new scenarios. At least one of these is some kind of mission where you're chasing someone through Nar Shaddaa, for instance, battling while you're flying on speeders or something like this.

There's a lot more than "just a planet", and it's only $9.99, or was just a short while ago.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...