Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One time password madness

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

genesisization
06.26.2013 , 06:23 AM | #871
Just call your providers and demand static ips guys ...

SettGirkkurn
06.26.2013 , 07:11 AM | #872
Quote: Originally Posted by genesisization View Post
Just call your providers and demand static ips guys ...
That is not the solution at all. I for example cannot ask for that without extra fee on my current plan. I would like to see you "demand" something like that here where I am living.
I use security key app, and have no such issues, but I can totally correlate with the rest of the people here. However, that same system saved me other day when my phone went bollocks and I had to remove security key. Otherwise I would have to call in tech support and we all know how that one goes in some cases. So, I am not for completely removing it, just to improve service so that mail comes in quicker for all the people (again, kid's account dont have security key, and I have to say that OTP is received by Yahoo mail instantly, but obviously not for all of the people out there)

Kingsbount
06.26.2013 , 08:41 AM | #873
I live in Russia.
So if i will call in support with otp request, it will cost me a huge amount of money.
Security keys are not selling in our country.
Smartphone with android? Damn, i must spend my month payment to buy it (if not twice as much). Not to mention, that im must pay for mobile internet, to get password.

So all of those options are not solution for me.
And its sucks.

Dear Bioware, REMOVE OTP - IT SUCKS.

The_WarpGhost
06.26.2013 , 10:58 AM | #874
I am now on day 4 of OTP failure.

Curiously, I received an email about character transfers last night. However I received it on the email address that is no longer linked to my account. The last OTP I received was on the correct email address, so I know I have not mis-entered an address anywhere. Also, the fact that I cannot even request a new password reset indicates the issue may be a failure with the launcher itself, in it not communicating with the servers any longer.

EDIT: Actually it can't be a launcher issue, as I dont get emails from the website either...

KyarraKyndheart
06.26.2013 , 11:22 AM | #875
Had all of the above issues and finally just randomly got one.

Now......... having to do it ALLLLLLLLLLLLL over again. Seriously?
Kyarra Kyndheart
Unconquered's Sassy Mistress
"Good girls are bad girls that never get caught."

genesisization
06.26.2013 , 11:24 AM | #876
Quote: Originally Posted by SettGirkkurn View Post
That is not the solution at all. I for example cannot ask for that without extra fee on my current plan. I would like to see you "demand" something like that here where I am living.
I use security key app, and have no such issues, but I can totally correlate with the rest of the people here. However, that same system saved me other day when my phone went bollocks and I had to remove security key. Otherwise I would have to call in tech support and we all know how that one goes in some cases. So, I am not for completely removing it, just to improve service so that mail comes in quicker for all the people (again, kid's account dont have security key, and I have to say that OTP is received by Yahoo mail instantly, but obviously not for all of the people out there)

Donate 10 $ less and pay the fee ?

Caereth
06.26.2013 , 11:54 AM | #877
Quote: Originally Posted by genesisization View Post
Donate 10 $ less and pay the fee ?
even people who have static ips get otp a lot. like me. demanding a static ip is not a solution since it obviously doesn't work in all cases

Chrimli
06.26.2013 , 11:58 AM | #878
For me, the problem is not being asked for a OTP but the time it takes to being send. 90% of the time i received the OTP in less than 5 minutes but the last two weeks, two times i had to wait more than an hour before receiving an email.

When i rebbot the internet box, i got a new IP address and the game ask for an OTP. This is ok.
But waiting more than an hour, this is not correct

Best regards

Caereth
06.26.2013 , 12:00 PM | #879
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrimli View Post
For me, the problem is not being asked for a OTP but the time it takes to being send. 90% of the time i received the OTP in less than 5 minutes but the last two weeks, two times i had to wait more than an hour before receiving an email.

When i rebbot the internet box, i got a new IP address and the game ask for an OTP. This is ok.
But waiting more than an hour, this is not correct

Best regards
same here - they have been having issues but in another thread, I can't find it now, they say it's been resolved. fun times huh (<---sarcasm)

EricMusco
06.26.2013 , 02:27 PM | #880 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Just a quick update. When looking into our OTP systems we realized that there were a few issues that were causing emails to be sent slower than intended (and in some cases, not at all). We have resolved many of these issues. The result is that you should now see greatly improved time on receiving your OTP.

As always, we will continue on working to improve this process even more but you should see improvement! If you are still having problems, feel free to let us know. Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]