Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One time password madness

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

z-monty
04.26.2013 , 05:50 PM | #351
I dont see the upside of having a "one time password" we have to copy and paste over and over again. I mean, I never had a problem with remembering my security questions or anything. Yeah it probably sounds lazy, complaining I have to open my email to get into the game, but the whole process is just annoying. Bring back the security questions or make the one time password a really /one/ time password.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

Dathroc
04.27.2013 , 04:04 AM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by Remedist View Post
Well it appears that they have done something to resolve this issue since the passwords now arrive almost instantly. So that works for me. Thanks for the hard work guys!
As Remedist says they seem to have at least resolved the speed at which passwords sent AND so far they've worked for me. So thanks Security guys that spent time on fixing this. Hoping this makes me more secure so now I can focus on the game.

EDIT: Despite logging off website this morning got back this evening without another password = amazing improvement. Was up to 10 a day a few days ago. But know I will need a new one when IP address next changes (as dynamic). Hoping that one will work.

Rovshan
04.27.2013 , 04:35 AM | #353
Switch it off! I have most secure password! I dont share any login info! My IP changes all the time! This is miserable! Switch it off!

Jaberwokker
04.28.2013 , 03:23 AM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi marcelo_sdk,

Our Head of Security has posted quite a bit on this subject, the main response can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626829

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and thanks to everyone for their feedback on this issue.
I have some feedback on this issue for you, its quite simple unlike the essay your "Head Of Security" Wrote..

it goes like this...

REMOVE THIS SYSTEM OR I WILL REMOVE MY SUBSCRIPTION...

Hows that grab your "Head Of Finance's" Department

Keetsune
04.28.2013 , 05:47 AM | #355
It's simple: I cant login -> i cant play -> i have no reason to waste more time on this sh`t anymore especially pay for it.

Pengeszikra
04.28.2013 , 11:44 AM | #356
At morning i receive on-time password, but at night i cannot get password. I try reset my password, but answer newer arrive. This is means my account is hacked?
How i can proof if this is happened, because i can't login even swtor.com whitout one-time password?
Previous method i think is more secure, and don't need frustrating waiting for one-time password.

Dathroc
05.11.2013 , 12:24 PM | #357
Still needing a One Time Password whenever IP changes address - joys of being dynamic. I get the password on my email account within a minuted BUT my wife has terrible problems on her email account. Why? At the moment she can't log in at all as either OTP is wrong or it never arrives/ another isn't sent. She's at the point of quitting and that will mean I go as we play together. Any useful suggestions?

Note: we are in Europe where options or minimal.

Thanks

Max_iL
05.12.2013 , 04:22 AM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaberwokker View Post
REMOVE THIS SYSTEM OR I WILL REMOVE MY SUBSCRIPTION...
+1
tired of It

TaylorNova
05.12.2013 , 04:43 AM | #359
Quote: Originally Posted by Sethland View Post
Hey folks,

Here's a tip for not having to deal with the one time password mails - and especially helpful if you are on a dynamic IP:

Add a Security Key - Mobile or Physical.

You will still have to enter a code each time you log in, however it's a tad less annoying than waiting for a mail that might never arrive. And it makes your account even more secure.

Do that and you will be free of the password mails, which is essentially the same thing as a security key code.
To be honest, This is no better, It only generates ONE code, For each time you log in to here or the game, meaning, I have to enter a different number several times a day, here & the game. The fob has to remain by the side of my computer, otherwise it stays on my key chain, meaning trips every so hours to go and retrieve it. Having the fob next to the computer, defeats the object of having it, because anyone in household or some one visiting, or an intruder could Just use it. Not a very smart idea. Better the code number is valid for , say 24 hours, before its changed. No wonder so many are removing them really

TaylorNova
05.12.2013 , 04:51 AM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by Hall_ View Post
Can't believe i am unable to turn this thing off... it's driving me mad! It's easier to login on my bank acc than this game which is insane.. and like always.. no response from anyone.. fix it ffs.
LMHO, Actually Thats very true, only In February this year did My log into my Bank fail, since I missed One letter out.
More and more games Devs seem to treat There software like its "My Precious", and are so paranoid these days, they even make Sim City a DRM.