Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One time password madness

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YuriSensen
04.05.2013 , 12:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xephoniphulus View Post
are u sure it isn't EA's fault?
EA is the one that makes these kind of calls.

R_Hard
04.05.2013 , 04:36 AM | #12
Pleas SWTOR-team, patch this one time password nonsense. I don`t want to be forced to buy a token or to have to use an extra app to start the game as it restricts in a drastic, disproportionate and inappropriate manner!

Auelin
04.05.2013 , 05:37 AM | #13
Once more before I could login into SWTOR I had to access my email to obtain my one time password, and upon opening my account I noticed that an email from SWTOR had incorrectly been added to my junk email folder.

Upon opening the email this paragraph jumped out at me "Also, a new process utilizing “One-Time Password’s” will be replacing the Security Questions and Answers previously requested during log in. This will make it easier to recover important account information."

I... I just can't deal with this. Having to login to my email account each and every time I want to play the game or login to the forum is just beyond what I believe I should have to do to play a game I am paying for.

Bioware, at the risk of sounding like a whiny two year old "I am not having fun anymore" and if I am not having fun, I have to ask myself why am I still here?

melodylane
04.05.2013 , 07:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by HunLeonard View Post
Hello

It only took me 2 hours to log in finally thanks to this superior security feature one time password system.
I don't know what you people are thinking improving security when it makes the login process completely reliable on a third party service. I'm a sub and pay for the game but not for my email service. My mail is full of one time spam passwords as it takes a half an hour to get this password and when it arrives it is incorrect and whatnot.

I dont care about high security for a stupid game nor want to use my phone and key-chain just to log in, if someone bothers to hack it good for them but i do pay for being able to play which i can't because you make it reliable on third parties. I dont have a fixed IP so i have to go through this hell every time i log out or my net drops.

Oh and guess what, not many complains about it because they cant as the bloody forum is based on the same retarded login system. So make this crap optional asap so people can actually play instead of wasting hours on a frustrating login!

Thanks.
All of this reminds me of Windows Vista and the annoying UAC debacle. Remember when Vista came out and everybody was pissed of and annoyed, that every time they tried to do, well anything really, they would get that message asking for permission. That at least had the option to turn it off. Hopefully this won't end like Vista though Now having said that, I highly suggest to everyone, if you have an android phone, to go to the Google play story and download the security key app. Attach this to your account and you won't have to use the one time password anymore. I believe there is an app for I phone to although don't quote me on that.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

Imbafedor
04.05.2013 , 08:37 AM | #15
I don't even get who thought of this stupid idea working out with people that don't have a fixed ip?
Where is that mister security expert master chief here that doesn't even have a complete linkedin profile to give us a review of his work? PLS fix this or ppl unscrb

Bontox
04.05.2013 , 09:49 AM | #16
I have cancelled my subscription because of this idiocit and clumsy one-time password.
Today sub runs out.

When players finally reutrns to SWTOR devs and/or managers drive me away almost immediately.

Another game and another publisher will get my money and attention now.

And to all who enjoys the mail grinding: Cheers and good hunting!

Teambo
04.05.2013 , 10:31 AM | #17
The old methods needs to come back. I cannot stand having to log into my email EACH TIME i want to log in in the game. This is nonsense, and a waste of my time. If this is not fixed soon i will be unsubbing.

Bolo_Yeung
04.05.2013 , 02:57 PM | #18
As far as I see, like old security questions, one time password is required always when your IP is changed. If you login for a second time from the same IP, you won't be asked for it.

Auelin
04.05.2013 , 08:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
As far as I see, like old security questions, one time password is required always when your IP is changed. If you login for a second time from the same IP, you won't be asked for it.
That would be lovely if I had that type of IP address, however, I turn off my internet at the end of everyday so that that I can charge it up (it's a little wireless hotspot) and turn it on again when I get home from work.

I believe this means my IP address isn't 'static' and therefore every single time I login to the game or forum after starting up my internet I then have to login to my email address to retrieve the one time password.

Its immensely frustrating.

LVee
04.06.2013 , 06:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
With IP that resets every net crash orevery 24 hours, this is simply frustrating.
Steam was able to make system that recognize single computer without IP checking, is it really so hard to program simmilar thing??!?!?!!?!?!? But nooo, it inter-dimensional they say, what can go wrong???
What hapenned with my nice questions, I ask.