Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One time password madness

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HunLeonard
04.03.2013 , 04:22 AM | #1
Hello

It only took me 2 hours to log in finally thanks to this superior security feature one time password system.
I don't know what you people are thinking improving security when it makes the login process completely reliable on a third party service. I'm a sub and pay for the game but not for my email service. My mail is full of one time spam passwords as it takes a half an hour to get this password and when it arrives it is incorrect and whatnot.

I dont care about high security for a stupid game nor want to use my phone and key-chain just to log in, if someone bothers to hack it good for them but i do pay for being able to play which i can't because you make it reliable on third parties. I dont have a fixed IP so i have to go through this hell every time i log out or my net drops.

Oh and guess what, not many complains about it because they cant as the bloody forum is based on the same retarded login system. So make this crap optional asap so people can actually play instead of wasting hours on a frustrating login!

Thanks.

Viralset
04.04.2013 , 12:48 AM | #2
That was the wrost idea of the world, the last thing you want to do is check your e-mails before playing... Bioware want to distroy this game by any means....

xephoniphulus
04.04.2013 , 10:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Viralset View Post
That was the wrost idea of the world, the last thing you want to do is check your e-mails before playing... Bioware want to distroy this game by any means....
are u sure it isn't EA's fault?

WaldoA
04.04.2013 , 10:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by xephoniphulus View Post
are u sure it isn't EA's fault?
To be honest, I'm beyond caring who's fault it is. I just want it fixed. Very little responses have been given by staff and it's been well over 48 hours since all this happened. Like the OP said, there's also a large quantity of players who cannot even get onto the forums to ask for help due to being unable to log in.
My problem is that I'm simply not getting the e-mail in on my other account, something so simple yet it's gone 2 days and nothing has been done whatsoever in the way of fixing it. 2 days and all that's been said is "working on it" it's shocking.

thedog
04.04.2013 , 05:54 PM | #5
Had this problem nonstop, its so frustrating I just cancelled both of my subs.

Will come back to the game once this nonsense is resolved. Plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Auelin
04.04.2013 , 06:30 PM | #6
Wait, I am not the only one having this issue? I donít know if that makes me happy or sad.

Which, basically means that I completely agree with you. Itís frustrating to input your password and then be taken to the next screen and asked ĎPlease input One Time Passwordí when they should just be asking me for my security question.

As a side note Iíve now had to input four different Ďone-timeí passwords, and having to login to my email account before I can login to the forum or the game? Itís very frustrating.

As this also happens when I login to the website on my work computer (yes I got another one time password to use before I could even post this message) I doubt itís related to my internet, or the game launcher. Guess that means I have to contact support -.-;

PrimalPrimeval
04.04.2013 , 07:10 PM | #7
Only took me 4 f...ing tries and 4 f...ing emails later to get past their idiotic "one time password" security and log into my SUBSCRIBED ACCOUNT!

What's more hilarious is the "one time password" emails advise to copy & paste the password. YOU DON'T HAVE THE PASTE OPTION ON THE LAUNCHER SCREEN! Doesn't anybody test this crap before it goes live???

Auelin
04.04.2013 , 07:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PrimalPrimeval View Post
Only took me 4 f...ing tries and 4 f...ing emails later to get past their idiotic "one time password" security and log into my SUBSCRIBED ACCOUNT!

What's more hilarious is the "one time password" emails advise to copy & paste the password. YOU DON'T HAVE THE PASTE OPTION ON THE LAUNCHER SCREEN! Doesn't anybody test this crap before it goes live???
It is really annoying.

However, I thought you may like to know that you can paste into the Launcher - you just have to use the keyboard shortcut for paste (cntrl + v).

Obina
04.04.2013 , 11:11 PM | #9
I now have 7 "One-time" passwords in my folder. NONE of which work to log in.
Pretty much all that needs to be said.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Used the first one they sent to log in to game with, and it worked.

gurneyslabb
04.04.2013 , 11:54 PM | #10
Im at 10 and growing now .......................
go team venture